Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Secondary/back up help/recommendations

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Secondary/back up help/recommendations

Hi all.

Just a brief background, tried to quit smoking a few years back with one of those overpriced e-cigs you could buy from the local markets, but that failed miserably. But I've tried again, went to a vape store and got a proper setup and it seems to be going successfully. 5 months now off the smokes, and not looking back.

So currently I am running a Smok X Cube Ultra, and an Aspire Triton Mini with their 1.8 coils. I also have a Aspire Triton 2, but it seems getting 1.8 coils for them is difficult.
    I'm using American liquids (mostly creamy/dessert flavors) with 6mg Nicotine. Started at 18mg, but that was too much, so stepped it down over the last few months.

I am a MTL vapor.

I have some questions to anyone that can help. With the Triton 2, the flavor would deplete over about 5-7 days(wasn't a real strong flavor anyway), but it didn't taste burnt until about day 7-10.
    With the Triton Mini, I'm getting a much stronger flavor(clean and sweet), but after only 2-3 days I'm starting to get a burnt taste. I can normally force myself to keep using it until day 7, so I'm not wasting coils. But it's all leaving me a little disappointed. EDIT- When I first got the mini, it kept full flavor for 7 days, then burnt on day 8. It's about 2 months old now and not performing how it did then.

Using the same liquid for both, and operating them both at the top end of the manufacturers wattage (I think it was 13.0W for both) I'm left a little puzzled at what is happening.

What I'm after is full flavor for a full time vapor, MTL setup. I'll push my aspire/smok setup to my backup if there's any good recommendations that can kick ass at this.

Thanks in advance
    -CRB
    Last edited by CaptainRedBeard; 30-01-17 at 12:25 PM.
    AllyP likes this.

AVF Regular
    I find with pre built coils no guarantee on duration on any of them. For example I'm currently running two tanks with the exact same carto and similar juice.

One is tasting like poo on day three the other tastes like its just broken in

In terms of tanks though I can thoroughly recommend the Kabuki tanks
    Fatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
    I find with pre built coils no guarantee on duration on any of them. For example I'm currently running two tanks with the exact same carto and similar juice.

One is tasting like poo on day three the other tastes like its just broken in

In terms of tanks though I can thoroughly recommend the Kabuki tanks
    Thanks Hoffer, yeah I seem to reading that the general consensus of pre built coils is life expectancy differs vastly. I'm wondering if lowering my ohms/increasing wattage would have much effect on the flavor?

AVF Regular
    Lowering wattage definitely helps, on 1.9 ohm coils the maximum I would be using is 15 watts and probably as low as 12
    CaptainRedBeard likes this.

Thanks captive, I guess I'm just going through the trial and error stages still, there's much to learn. I'm still in need of a secondary setup, for emergencies and all, so I might take hoffers advice and look into them tanks.

Super Moderator
    Even though it's aspire again - I think the plato with nautilus bvc coils is a great mtl vape.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Even though it's aspire again - I think the plato with nautilus bvc coils is a great mtl vape.
    Hey giruvian, thanks, I've seen was highly recommended too. In all seriousness I could probably buy a handful of setups until I find what works for me best. I'll make sure to add that to my list. Cheers
    giruvian likes this.

AVF Regular
    I would recommend a vika from Fasttech with the 1.6 nautilus bvc coils in it great little mtl to restricted dtl flavor tank about 13$ aus
    AllyP likes this.

AVF Regular
    Have a look at the Tesla AIO its new, I have one and it is a good mtl with the airflow nearly closed and also good DL with the airflow fully opened.
    Only seen one local supplier with it so far and it hard to find in china still but I think they are worth considering.

AVF Regular
    I started with a nautilus tank with 1.8ohm coils. Bought a Kabuki and havent used anything since. The Kabuki uses the aspire 1.8ohm coils but to my mind has better flavour. I normally vape at about 13watts and usuaĺly change coils every 7 days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast