Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mornings

CMB
    AVF Regular

Mornings

After some advice here from the veteran vapers out there

After lots of trials and tribulations in finding the right gear, flavours etc I'm now *AMOST* vaping full time, but for some reason I still need a couple of the old darts to start the day, about 2 - 3 in the morning then I can vape all day/night until the next morning.

I'm sure it is because the old darts deliver nic quicker than a vape, and it possibly might be some other ritualistic psychological addiction, but I feel this is my last hurdle and is the hardest to overcome.

On one hand I'm pretty happy I've gone from 40 - 50 per day down to 2 or 3, and maybe I'll just keep doing that and not stress too much about it and eventually one morning I'll just wake up and go straight to the vape. On the other, I am now so close and want to be done with the stinky old darts for good.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience/tips/advice here

Hi there CMB.

The morning smoke was also the last one for me to kick. For me the trigger was the first coffee in the morning.

In the end i managed to kick it using 24Mg Juice @ 5V. This combo provides a wicked ThroatHit and a good dose of Nic. If the trigger is coffee/tea may also be worth taking a break off them for a week.

What set up are you using at the moment? Also what flavor/strength are you on?
    Pleski likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Hi Chilli,
    thanks for the reply.

I've just got a WOW and some Dels Ultimate Pipe at 18mg in a DCT and that is giving me the best satisfaction in the mornings so far, then I move onto something sweeter on the EGO with a LR DCT or Ego Mega Dual Coil Cart at 18mg and that will see me through the rest of the day. I find the 5V packs a bit more punch, but tastes a little bit more chemically.

I've got some higher strength nic on the way from the states, so maybe I will step up to 24 or 36 for the mornings and see how I go there.

Appreciate the reply.

Cheers

Chris

50 down to 3 is an absolute victory if you ask me.. excellent achievement!
    zainwolf likes this.

AVF Regular
    I had very similar CMB for several weeks. Then one Saturday I knew if I didn't buy another pack of tobacco that I'd be out sometime that night. I managed to have the last of it around 4am (I'm a late-owl type) and vaped when I got up in the morning. Sunday's any shop near to me isn't open until mid-day so I couldn't easily run out for a pack - which also helped. I made it through the day and it'll be 3 months tomorrow since I've had a cigarette. The advice I received here was not to pressure myself and when the time was right, I'd know.

Well done on dropping from 40-50 a day down to 2 or 3. It still amazes me how well these e-cigs do the job that nothing else could do (at least for me).

And hey - I have a WOW and use 18mg too. I do have a couple different flavours made up at 24mg for rough patches and have needed them once or twice but otherwise this has been much easier than I expected it would be after trying to quit so many times using other methods.

Keep up the good work! You'll get there when the time is right.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome CMB
    Sounds like you are on the right track and have done some research and understand the vaping terminology.
    Well done for getting off 40-50 cigarettes a day down to a few in the morning. A lot of us had trouble getting off that morning cigarette.
    Just take your time- it will happen.

Keep us informed on how you are going with it all and again well done

I also had the morning problem when I first started. I got some 36mg and that cured that.

Don't worry too much about it though as you have made great progress in cutting down.

RC

AVF Regular
    gtz to you and seems like ur off to a great start.

my advice, super-strength to start the day right. try espresso/cappucino/witches brew/cafe arabica/NRG/monsta in the morning at 24-36mg for that kickstart with early morning coffee. imo, it's all about replacing habits with a similar one and getting used to it.

also, french inhale delivers nic a little faster/more efficiently than the regular method (3-to-5-second vape).

don't vape at all couple hrs prior to bed or if it can't be avoided 6-12mg feels right on a mellow vape, i'm thinking honey nut tobacco or some pastry on a warm vape.

keep up the good work! treat urself to something nice?
    Last edited by AddictRick; 10-03-12 at 05:49 PM.

I find if I vape lots before bedtime, I feel less desperate for a fix when I wake up lol but that's just me. I like that you can vape in bed and not set the mattress on fire lol

Great work CMB, sounds like your doing it right.

The longer you vape, the less you will be inclined to have a smoke in general.

But you could afford to go up to 24 or even 30 mg in the morning to really smack those cravings down.

Great job though. Vape On.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast