Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Newbiee needs help pls

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Newbiee needs help pls

Hi, ive been a smoker for 30 years. Now i have to quit as i have lung disease. I want a setup where its easy tonuse and tastes smooth. Ive tried sociallites and found the tobacco flavour really strong and off putting so went back to the cigs. Any sugestions pls as i am so overwhelmed , i dont know what to buy , how to make it , or what juice to get :/ thanks guys i gotta give up asap
    floorzone2 and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Regular
    I found the Endura T18 by innokin was the best start up setup. do a search here for it there are plenty available VapeAssist dont forget some extra coils
    fabricator4 and Lisaph93 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisaph93 View Post
    Hi, ive been a smoker for 30 years. Now i have to quit as i have lung disease. I want a setup where its easy tonuse and tastes smooth. Ive tried sociallites and found the tobacco flavour really strong and off putting so went back to the cigs. Any sugestions pls as i am so overwhelmed , i dont know what to buy , how to make it , or what juice to get :/ thanks guys i gotta give up asap
    Hi There,
    There are so many tobacco flavors out there its hard to say which is the best. Can you tell us what brand of cigarettes you smoke and then we might be able to recommend a suitable flavor. Most people that start vaping at first find tobacco flavors strong and unusual. I remember when I took my first toot about five years ago I coughed like mad it took me a few weeks to get used to it. People that are not used to vapes should not try to do a draw back, known as mouth to lung in vaping terms straight away as I did. Now its all I do.
    Lisaph93 likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    This should help Noe's newbie shopping guide Revised 2017 edition
    Buying from China right now will be a bit of a problem due to CNY, because shipping will be slower because of it, I suggest finding an Aussie vendor to get a Pockex or other device listed in the guide & use a NZ vendor for nic juice in a few different flavors.
    Lisaph93 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    There's three devices I'd recommend you look at:

Innokin Endura T18/T22
    Innokin Endura T18 Starter Kit | VapeKing
    Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit | VapeKing

Joyetech AIO
    Joyetech eGo AIO Starter Kit | VapeKing

Aspire Pockex
    Aspire POCKEX 1500mAh All In one | VapeKing

The smallest battery is the T18 (10 hours approx)
    The largest battery is the T22 (20 hours approx)
    The other two are right in the middle, battery wise

You'll also need to buy some replacement coils for whichever device you decide on. Figure on using about one per week. Some beginners use more in the first few weeks changing flavours and learning what NOT to do ;-)

All these devices can be used with a mouth to lung (MTL) style of vaping. For this you need slightly higher nicotine content. You don't have to inhale it fully to the lungs, and you will probably find it uncomfortable to do so, especially until you get your wind back a bit (you WILL improve, no the problem won't go away, but it won't bother you anywhere near as much. I put my hand up here as a 35 year smoker.). Instead of inhaling it to the lungs I recommend you inhale till you feel the kick at the back of throat (we call it "throat hit") and then blow it out your nose. This works better for vaping in any case.

You'll need some nicotine. You have to import this. If you buy high concentration nicotine you can add it to zero nicotine liquids you can buy in Australia. Look at Five Ten inc, VaporEyes, GoVape, Aussie Ecigs, and Fenix Vapours. They are all well known to us here. Most of them have threads in the vendors section.

Hiliq is the best place for concentrated nicotine and they also do flavoured liquids with nicotine if you want to do that. Shipping time from Hiliq is about five days, and DHL costs about US$18 for the first half kilo.

If you want to buy the ready to vape (RTV) liquids in Australia you will need to get concentrated nicotine like this:
    https://www.hiliq.com/en/unflavored-...ine-base-100ml
    You add a small amount of this to the RTV liquid.

Also get some syringes, blunt needles, and bottles, all in a range of sizes. These can all be reused if you wash them, but get more than you think you'll need. Mix very small batches (10ml) until you get your correct nicotine dialled in. If you were a heavy smoker, you might need to start at 18mg/ml and go up or down from there.

Once you have all that you will be ready to go. Unfortunately the hardest part is to find is the right flavour for you. Your tastes will probably change after the first couple of weeks. People usually find they like things they didn't expect to, and hate things they thought they would like. The best thing is to get a range of flavours in small sizes, then order larger sizes when you know what works for you.

Good luck and congrats on deciding to make this change. Ask any questions you need to, there'll be someone along to help.

Oh, You might need to buy a second unit of the same type as a spare. Hold off while you test one unit and see how you go, but a spare is fairly important to have as a backup in case something breaks, or to use while the other unit is charging. If you have two devices you can have two flavours on the go at the same time, and this can be very useful too. I say "the same type" because that means they will use the same coils.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-02-17 at 12:44 PM.
    gtadmin, Raziel and Lisaph93 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    I would suggest seeing if you can track down a vape store near you (don't know where you are so can't suggest), but they will be able to give you advice, let you taste flavours etc. and you will be able to get something immediately.

I was sent a device from a friend in the US as a gift, and at the time I didn't even know vaping existed. I did what I just suggested to you and that made the world of difference to me.
    AllyP, rockmoose, emu and 1 others like this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

emu
    AVF Regular
    I agree with Cat, the best thing you can do for hardware and juice ( nic free ) is go to a B&M store and talk to the staff, they will get ya going real fast and point you to the nic suppliers.

Wish we had B&M shops over here....
    Cat and Lisaph93 like this.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thankyou all. I bought the VK starter basics pack today and chose all the tobacco flavours to try. I dont know how i put the liquid into it but hope i will figure it out . I really appreciate the replies. Went to the drs today to explain i want to quit , came out in tears as all he did was judge and ridicule me . Kinda didnt feel supported at all. Im glad i joined this group though, thankyou.
    c0bblep0t, Cat and emu like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Thankyou all. I bought the VK starter basics pack today and chose all the tobacco flavours to try. I dont know how i put the liquid into it but hope i will figure it out . I really appreciate the replies. Went to the drs today to explain i want to quit , came out in tears as all he did was judge and ridicule me . Kinda didnt feel supported at all. Im glad i joined this group though, thankyou.
    I would change Doctors & find one that is supportive, rather than put up with ridicule, that is terrible

Not exactly sure this is the right clearomiser/tank, since you didn't post a pic but I had a search on VK's site & this seems to be what comes in the Kit you mentioned. Watch the video to see how to fill it, also if you need to change the coil you would do the same thing to take it apart, then unscrew the coil head from the base

Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I didn't watch the video, so don't know whether they primed the coil?

Make sure to drip carefully into the coil head unit, before installing to ensure no dry hit, or burnt coil.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast