Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Newby and looking for advice on a good throat hit!!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Newby and looking for advice on a good throat hit!!

Hi guys! I've been using the Vaper Empire Vantage Vape for the last week and a half. Thought it would be a good Newby introduction to vaping..

Anyway, Im finding that I'm not really getting the good throat hit I'm looking for. You know, the one that reminds you of sucking down a blazing ciggy on a 40 degree day?
    One of their juices, the RY4 tobacco is ok... But the others feel like I'm kinda puffing on air. Yes the nicotein is there, but it still feels kinda pointless to my ciggy loving brain, and I'm finding myself reaching of the dreaded sticks a few times a day still.

I've tried changing the coils, despite recommendations that they only be change once every 3 to 4 weeks... So it it my Vape? Is it the juice? Or did I just underestimate the level of nicotein I need? (currently using 12mg.. But was smoking 6mg cigarettes at around 35 a day).

Your wisdom would be most appreciated💋

Xoxox Manda

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
    Waylander likes this.

Hello Manda. Two comments so far. You probably need to up your nicotine to a minimum of 24 mg. When we vape we get far less nicotine than from smoking. 12mg isn't enough for you I feel. Secondly, get a mod or a better starter e cig like the Aspire PockeX. For Mods, I would recommend something like a cool fire 4 plus (internal batteries) or a Joyetech eVIC vTwo mini.
    vape-oreon likes this.
    Helping smokers transition to vaping - Support for new vapers - DIY - The Vapers Table
    President-The New Nicotine Alliance AU

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

Quote Originally Posted by charles Vaper View Post
    Hello Manda. Two comments so far. You probably need to up your nicotine to a minimum of 24 mg. When we vape we get far less nicotine than from smoking. 12mg isn't enough for you I feel. Secondly, get a mod or a better starter e cig like the Aspire PockeX. For Mods, I would recommend something like a cool fire 4 plus (internal batteries) or a Joyetech eVIC vTwo mini.
    Thank you so Charles...I'm looking at the pockex now... And was going to buy more juice but it doesn't seem the VapeKing sites sells them. Or am I just not looking properly?

What flavour are you wanting? I take it you are looking at concentrates and getting nicotine from overseas?
    Helping smokers transition to vaping - Support for new vapers - DIY - The Vapers Table
    President-The New Nicotine Alliance AU

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

AVF Regular
    The rest of this conversation going on over here LOL
    ----> NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by charles Vaper View Post
    You also want to look at the PG content of your juice. Higher PG = harsher throat hit.
    MandaMillsy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    You also want to look at the PG content of your juice. Higher PG = harsher throat hit.
    Shit.. I though it was higher vg.. So I got that 😂😂
    So much to learn!!!

AVF Regular
    VG = Better clouds thickerclogs Ego (pen) style vapes when greater than 50%, also higher VG means longer lasting juice before refill
    PG = Better throat hit doesnt clog Ego vapes. As it is thinner than VG closer consistency to water you can go through juice quicker
    MandaMillsy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome and as was already stated PG = More throat hit.
    Ya came to the right place for info and help

I've just started too and I have the same complaint.

The draw is nothing like a dart, all I seem to do is suck air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast