Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First impressions...

First impressions...

Hi Guys,

Well my Joye 510 kit has just arrived... I read all the instructions it came with, and loaded it up for my first vape. I used the carts that came with the kit, puffed a few times (to get rid of the primer stuff) yet there is a whistle sort of sound is this normal? Also no vapour coming out. What am I doing wrong?

AVF Regular
    Not sure how you filled the carts?
    I like to dry burn to get rid of the primer.

With new carts I like to pull the filler out with an opened paper clip, or any thing needle shaped,
    half fill the empty cart, replace the filler, then put a few drops on top of the filler until the filler looks like a slushy.

No vapour sounds to me like not enough juice, but don't over fill it.
    Maybe try dripping three drops on the bare attie (Tail piping) with out the cart, then vape on the opened attie.
    That shoud give vapor?

Well, my partner and I have been experimenting all night with vaping... Loving it now i think I just was not pulling hard enough (too used to lightly drawing on a analogue), which was not producing the vapour. Since yesterday, I have had a total of 4 analogues (would normally have had about 15ish by now) and my partner has had 2. So I think that I can safely say that it is doing the trick well!

My juice that I am dripping in at the moment is 3 drops of deluxe tobacco, 3 drops of normal tobacco and 4 drops of vanilla. (A mix of 16-24mg). I put through another order last night on HC for 2 more starter kits (1 for my partner and 1 for my mother-in-law who tried it and thinks that it could work - She is a 40p/d smoker!), 110ml 36mg nic juice and 2 PCC's.

I am going to trry and source locally some flavour juices, to add to the nic juice - any suggestions on best flavours from local suppliers?

So now that I am pledging myself to vaping F/T I am looking forward to losing my morning cough, yellow stained fingers and smelly ciggy stained clothes!
    light487, Chrisso, margyb and 1 others like this.

The VK (www.vapeking.com.au) range is pretty good for Tobacco flavours.. getting decent reviews across the board.. I've personally only tried the Smooth Tobacco flavour from there but I am impressed enough to give some of the others a try, which I ordered today. There is always JW (www.juicewhore.com) as well for more flavours, though the tobacco blends are of a more boutique variety rather than legit tobacco flavours.. still good.. but different.. maybe you could order their tobacco sample pack. VB (www.vapebar.com.au) have a decent selection also.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

CCC
    When you get the flavours from local vendors they are made to be mixed with your nic liquid 50/50 and are usually called doublers. All of the ones Light mentioned are good. My only suggestion is try lots of different flavours because you will be swapping and changing a lot in the beginning looking for the perfect flavour, and you will never know what that is till you try it, and most of us are surprised to find out we like things that we may have thought we wouldn't.
    light487 likes this.

If you want good tobacco flavours try the VapeKing i-mix concentrates.

I have tried several and all have been very good with no perfume like notes.

RC

Indeed. Though I've always had a sweet tooth and open to experimenting, I would never had thought I would like the menthol/mint vapes.. and some of the tobacco blends.. and some of the flavours I've vaped over the years.. you just never know what is going to hit the spot.... like Chai Tea is a favourite of mine when I need a sweet vape.. not something I would have expected..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Thanks guys... Do I need to buy any of the PG/VG only gear or is it okay just to mix the no nic juice with nic juice?

This is the order that I have just placed with JW...

Boge LR Cartomizers (510)
    Colour - Stainless

Banana Split

Strawberry
    PG / VG Ratio - 60% PG / 40% VG
    Flavour Strength - Standard
    Size - 10ml

Honey Wood Tobacco
    PG / VG Ratio - 80% PG / 20% VG
    Flavour Strength - Doubler
    Size - 30ml

Thought I would try some of the fruity flavours as I have been mixing tobacco ones with vanilla from my original order and that is tasting good so far!

You only need straight PG/VG if you need to mix down your nicotine by more than half.

For an example, let's say you have 48mg nicotine. If you vape at 24mg then you just mix your nic and doubler 50/50.

But if you want to vape 12mg then you'll be mixing 50% doubler, 25% nicotine, and will need straight PG/VG to make up the remaining 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    You only need straight PG/VG if you need to mix down your nicotine by more than half.

For an example, let's say you have 48mg nicotine. If you vape at 24mg then you just mix your nic and doubler 50/50.

But if you want to vape 12mg then you'll be mixing 50% doubler, 25% nicotine, and will need straight PG/VG to make up the remaining 25%.
    I am pretty sure I ordered 36mg nic from HC. so a 50/50 mix with the doubler should be fine right? Also I remember reading somewhere here (Can't for the life of me find it now) that you can get the PG from a chemist or the like... Is this correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast