Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Trying to kick the cigs and failing

Trying to kick the cigs and failing

So I've been trying for a few weeks now at first I thought this is it this is my way out of smoking when I got my zero nic kit from an oz vendor I did really well for a couple of days only smoking about 6 cigs a day then my second pack of cartos got about 2 cigs worth out of them then burnt so I ordered more kit from different suppliers and put some nic on order only prob is I can't find a flavour that I can vape all day and since adding the nic 7-14mg over time every time I vape my chest starts to feel heavy and I'm not enjoying it as much, I've finally settled on a setup I like (ego-t with stardust lr) but I just can't get used to the nic has anyone tryed zero nic with patches to get off the nicotine addiction then just continued vapeing? I know it is a long post but please I need advice I want to see my children's children and I know I won't make it if I keep smoking these rotten cigarettes

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x3mha0

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Heavy chest could mean too much VG. Hope you find something that works for you.

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

The tightness in the chest may be a reaction to the PG/VG or flavoring. If you can work out which one it is you can order Juice accordingly..

I think Patches + 0Nic is a good idea for anyone looking to Vape short term and kick their Nic addiction. I say give it a try and see if it works for you. If it doesn't then its simply working out which Juice will.

Can you give a bit more detail about why you are not enjoying your Juice after adding Nic? maybe you have your ratios incorrect..

I have been working up slowly from 6mg to now 14mg but the th is just making it a chore rather than an enjoyable thing I didn't have any heaviness before I added the nic but thinking about it when I increased it I moved toward mint flavours perhaps its the menthol I'm currently vaping vk candycane madbunny if u see this does this juice have menthol in it?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qc5c3n

CCC
    Try a bland fruit flavour like peach or apple. You may even want to try prefilled cartos for a while. Drink plenty of water, it is hard in the beginning, you just need to soldier on, you will get there. And try a PG heavy juice, then a VG heavy juice to find out what you prefer.

I did enjoy baked apple tart from vk and I like at least 20% VG as any less doesn't seem to give me enough vapor so it's not strange to struggle at first it just seems everyone on here just stopped instantly I just want to get off em ya know

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vrbeke

AVF Regular
    too much PG or too high NIC ,..... gives me tight heavy chest ..can only vape 4mg ... 70% vg / 30 % pg ... add vodka for throat hit
    Last edited by X-BoNeS-X; 13-03-12 at 08:17 PM.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

php
    Menthol gives me a tight chest. I reckon try some different juices and mixes 'til you find something that suits. No need to be in a hurry to quit the durries. Get comfortable then piss them off. I needed at least 30mg nic to quell the smoking desires.
    mobtek likes this.
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

AVF Regular
    i am the opposite more than 20% vg i get the symptoms you mention. But if its the same juice but you have just added nic to it then, it wouldn't be pg/vg/flavouring as all that was new to the mix is nic.

May need to experiment with different vg/pg.nic mixes.

One thing to remember is most people for the first week or two take a while to get used to vaping nic juice. Most smokers I know cough and splutter when they first try nic juice, and think it is really harsh, but after a few weeks your body and throat get used to it. As long as your not sensitive to it.

Unlike smoking, when I vape, I dont take it straight into my lungs , but take a long slow draw, hold it in my mouth for half a sec and then inhale.

For the first time I tried a stardust on the weekend, and found it a cooler but drier vape than atomisers and dripping, and actually coughed a bit at first with them, so did my GF and we are both long term vapers.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 13-03-12 at 08:30 PM.

I certainly get a wet, clogged feeling in my chest with anything over 20-25% VG. Loads of vapour, but I don't like the other sensations.

Different set ups make a big difference to the vapour 'feel'. For example, I find the Stardusts have a very tight draw. That means denser vapour, more flavour and more throat feel. I sometimes feel like I'm sucking on a nail though. Conversely, my Go-Go has a very airy draw with tons of lower density vapour. Just changing cartos makes a huge difference.

Also, I find I like two nic levels made up and ready. 'Normal' for vaping at my desk (which I do a lot of!) and 'Strong' when out and about and vaping is more like I used to smoke - maybe a 5 minute session every hour or two. My 'normal' level doesn't give me enough nic in a short enough space of time, leading to an uncontrollable urge to rip wallpaper of walls and overturn taxis.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast