Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Schtoo
  • 1 Post By JakeFloyd

Thread: Thoughts please!

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast

Thoughts please!

Someone like myself who is loving sub vaping ( have mainly been clearomizers ) but just isnt quite at the stage of making coils and juices yet has ventured ( very recent ) and at a slow place to get more educated, down the road of pre made coils - vgods to be exact.

Thoughts on pre made ?

Reason i have done this is to slowly build my fat head with the right information and to slowly understand coil builds more. Then when confortable and educated ill make my own

Just incase you didnt see my intro newbie post here is what i have

Vgod pro mod ( dual )
    Silo beast tank
    Vgod trick tank
    Vgod rdta pro tank - pre made coils

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular

Thoughts please!

Hey mate, firstly welcome to the forum and congrats on being six months into your vaping journey!!

There are some really good coil building tutorials on YouTube that you can watch to get an idea of what is involved in coil builds.

ThisThis video is a tutorial for building on the Vgod specifically, but I recommend watching some general coil building videos to start off with (sorry I can't link to any right now).

Also, when you're ready to take the next step, I recommend investing in a coil winder or coil jig, ceramic tweezers, and some precision screwdrivers.

I recently switched from pre-made coils to building my own, and I won't be going back...it's at times fiddly and frustrating, but with practise it gets easier.

Not to mention your wallet will notice the difference between making your own and spending $20 on a pack of five!

I'm sure some of the more experienced guys here can answer in more detail, but hope this helped a little.

Happy vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Prebuilt coils are expensive for what they are, but, and it's a big but, they do let you choose a pretty wide variety of overall coil resistance, wire size, coil/loop number and wire types to get an idea of what will work for you, before you lash out and buy up a stash of wire to start making your own how you like them. You also don't need any special tools, so for that, they're great and I'm pretty sure some folks never do anything more than buy premade coils.

However, while you do get plenty of choices the choices are still kind of limited especially when you start looking for something more specific.

At the very least, you'll need some good flush cut wire nippers. Don't buy cheap ones, some of those wires are pretty tough and when you kill the cheap ones, you can buy them repeatedly or go buy some good ones then. Avoid that, buy good ones from the get-go.

Decent drivers, not just for screws but for those allen grub screws will help. Most decent makers supply their vapour making devices with some rudimentary tool that will work.

I don't know what coils you're going to use, or might want to use. I'd think sticking to something similar to the as-supplied coils would be a good start.

I've got some pre-made coils here, I've used a few but I guess they'll end up being shuffled off to someone else or being binned. There's nothing wrong with them, but I've kind of graduated to making my own.

Stu.
    Vapewave and JakeFloyd like this.

AVF Regular
    Thank you vapewave and stu great advice just what i was looking for?

Vapewave likes this.
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Ignore question mark 😂

AVF Regular
    Glad to help mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk