Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Unscrupulous grooming and sales practices via PM's

Super Moderator

Exclamation Unscrupulous grooming and sales practices via PM's

It has recently come to my attention that once again AVF is being used by people wanting to sell vapers stuff under the table or looking to line their own pockets by directing new and current vapers to their websites or offering to sell new gear to new vapers via unsolicited PM's.

AVF has always been a resource for the Vaper, and because it is Australia's largest online gathering in running the place we pride ourselves on the fact AVF is 100% non-commercial ... It is brought to you by the efforts and at cost of the owner and the site crew who ask NOTHING in return from you the vaper but respect for that fact .

Sadly because we remain such an open and embracing community we are also plagued by, and there is no other term for them , self serving scumsucking greedy arsed individuals who will abuse that open platform and befriend the novice vaper and then casually direct them to other forums , or even their own websites where they will then offer to relieve you of an amount of cash ... all very friendly like, but don't be fooled , these people are using you to make some cash. We have a vendor section there where any respectful vendor looking to serve the vaping community can freely interact and promote their services, it is also a place where they can be held to account, where you can ask questions, and support those individuals who are open and honest about their dealings and don't have to do shonky deals under the anonymity of the PM system.

Of course a member you have been talking to for a bit, who offers to help you out with a particular piece of gear he owns and is willing to pass on isn't the subject of this rant, but rather those ARSEHOLES who run a "business" and are not legit enough to stand up in the community and conduct business in the open... Remember too that in dealing with these people like this you will probably NOT be covered by Paypal etc if something goes wrong .. and NEVER send someone you don't know payment via Family and Friends to save them fees .. those fees are YOUR protection if they sell you something dodgy and don't man up to make it good !

Vaping was once a really insular community - one that looked after each other - and it was from that AVF was born ... sadly in the last few years it has also become a cash cow for a lot of people with little webshops opening everyday ... If you want to profit from vaping , then be honest about it, advertise your services openly and honestly and show the community some respect by abiding to the rules set in place for vendors rather than lurk in the shadows trying to separate a vaper from his cash thru surreptitious means.

They are not doing you a favour.. they are doing themselves one! ...

If you are approached by a member in PM doing this kind of stuff please report the PM using the little triangle in the grey bar at the base of the PM text box ... this will forward the entire unmodified PM to Mods so they can take action ...

Its not dobbing ... its stopping someone using the forum to make cash and not really giving a damn about you or the forum !
    giruvian, margyb, gtadmin and 24 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I never get any of these type of PM's

and I spend lots on vaping
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 6 others like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Super Moderator
    Gutless *people Simon ... no ethics, and I'm saddened that they are members here
    giruvian, Fatman, DogMan and 5 others like this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Gutless *people Simon ... no ethics, and I'm saddened that they are members here
    Worth saying it twice
    gtadmin, DogMan, merexy and 3 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    I never get any of these type of PM's

and I spend lots on vaping
    I'm with ya Brian. On the not getting the PM's part not the spending lots on vaping, though i would if i could.

Oh and couldn't agree more FM.
    gtadmin and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    If they are targeting new vapers who have just joined the forum, name them and then piss them off.
    gtadmin, Fatman, merexy and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    If they are targeting new vapers who have just joined the forum, name them and then piss them off.
    That will happen if the PM is reported ... as mods we don't act on heresay and gameplay or "off forum" activity ... but those who are doing it are on notice ... if proof is furnished from this forum of the activity dont let the door hit you on the way out .
    gtadmin, mallee00 and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    at least you all know what i get hold of postman thread has its benifits
    AllyP likes this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    I have four pitchforks, eight torches and 190 litres of kerosene for sale at the moment.

No clones in this stuff but unused for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatman, merexy, AllyP and 1 others like this.
    Not in need of peoples issues

AVF Regular
    Why haven't they tried to contact me? I'm still new. Maybe they've heard about my nice, sharp pitchfork..........and short, explosive fuse.
    merexy and AllyP like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast