Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hello

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Hello

Hello guys.

Just starting out and wanted to say thanks for all the info that has been provided here. It's been a great source of information and made everything much easier

Am all set up with a endura t18 kit which seems like it's a good start. Maybe I shouldn't have gone with 16mg juice though as I only smoke 2mg cigarettes

Had ordered a full kit from heaven gifts but it's been a month so far and has only just left China..... So won't be going there again

Look forward to learning more and hopefully kicking the analogues soon
    btobw, ybnice and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the forum! Pretty sure the mg in cigs refers to the amount of tar. Someone much smarter than me will probably be able to verify. Most would probably recommend a variety of strengths to try so maybe look at mixology who ship really quick to get a couple more.
    Cat likes this.
    2/12/2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Topender View Post
    Had ordered a full kit from heaven gifts but it's been a month so far and has only just left China..... So won't be going there again
    Good on you for switching over, and glad you've got something decent as a first kit.

On Heaven Gifts, I wouldn't discard them too quickly. There's a learning curve in ordering this kind of stuff from overseas, and once you work it out it's a good option to have IF you don't have a good B&M store locally. It's things like taking note of what's in stock (or not), shipping estimates and little details.

Heaven gifts to me seems like they do a pretty good job at it, if you'll let them. I put in an order late Thursday night, and I'm using the gear right now. That's actually quite slow, but there were batteries in there (half the price they normally are, a bargain!) so that slowed it down quite a bit.

I'd expect a 'clean' order without batteries, everything in stock (no pre-order) and with the right shipping would arrive to me (not you, I'm much closer!) in 3-4 days.

Try ordering from Fasttech...

If you need something fast, go local or as close to it as you can. There are a heap of Oz based stores that'll get you stuff lickety split. It might cost more, but what price convenience? If was living in Melbourne where my folks are, I wouldn't buy any hardware online, I'd trot to the local store (Wick and Wire).

If the liquid you have is too strong, get some PG and or VG and dilute it. But try it 'as is' because you may find that even 18mg is fine in getting off the stinkies, but you may wish to cut down later.

Good luck,

Stu.
    Topender likes this.

AVF Regular
    welcome and that T18 works well, Im a big fan of Mixology, I order on a Tuesday arvo and its in my paws by Friday morning
    they sometimes even include lollies
    i think from memory theres 1.5 and 1.8 ohn coils for the t18/t22 have you tried them both it changes airflow rate just a little
    remember there are no dumb questions, cos Ive asked them all
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    the mg on cigs refers to tar, as mentioned by DOA. Turns out that every tailer made cig delivers about 1 mg of nicotine. Since we absorb 1/3 of the nic in our juice (through the muscus membranes in mouth n throat mostly) to equal nic vaping to smoking we need 3 x mg of nic as you smoked per day. Most find dependency drops off quickly but to start, lets say you smoked a pack of 8's per day,
    25 x 1 = 25 mg of nic
    25 x 3 = 75 mg of vaping nic to equal replacement
    further, lets say you are vaping 16mg/ml of juice (well you said it, it's just a convention)
    that would be about 5ml of your juice to equal the previous smokes (4.6875)

Now the tricky thing is, manufactured tobacco has many additives, many say over 4,000, some of which enhance to takeup of nicotine, so that you get an immediate rush and associate lighting a smoke with nearly immediate goodness (actually a cessation of feeling crap, but it's relative). Whereas vaping has a much slower uptake so we do not get the same immediate hit.

To help quit, a few ideas are;
    be gentle on yourself, it's a process
    when you need a smoke, have a vape and wait a few minutes, if after a good vape and, say, 10 minutes or so, you still crave a smoke, have one.
    typically the time between cravings reduces til you only vape, its amazing how it works
    be cautious of the hold tobacco has, I found that every life event, waking, coffee, pre-meeting, post-meeting, scratching my nuts, eating was punctuated by having a smoke. That habit is insidious and very hard to disassociate with lighting up on everything you do.

tldr: 16mg/ml is a good start, China takes awhile to deliver, stick with it and learn as much as you can. ask for help

Disclaimer:I probably have no idea, ymmv and good luck with it. saved my life literally.
    Mods:fix all the errorz please.
    Noe, Fatman, Cat and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    If the nicotine is too strong, you will just vape less, more or less. The important thing is how fast is gets rid of the cravings. There's a bit of learning curve at first, but you'll pick it up fast.

If you find it is too strong you can dilute it as mentioned. Adding another 1/3 in PG and/or VG will bring it down to 12mg/ml.
    Noe, Fatman, Cat and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    is there a like ready reckoner for the equivalent for say 12's in cigs ie Winfield blue to nic juice?
    like if you were smoking 12's should you go for same in juice nico ?
    I'm still learning my balance I'm currently at 6 I think it does give a throat hit but I still have days where I want more, should I up it for a week or two?

And McGruffy you forgot scratching your butt
    fabricator4 likes this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    is there a like ready reckoner for the equivalent for say 12's in cigs ie Winfield blue to nic juice?
    I'm still learning my balance I'm currently at 6 I think it does give a throat hit but I still have days where I want more, should I up it for a week or two?

Butt scratchin' smokes where the worst.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 09-03-17 at 10:06 PM.
    emu likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

You just need a Melo 300 with the sexy head then your 6mg will feel like 18 lol, warning do not drive while vaping with Melo 300, they should have that warning on the box.
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    the mg on cigs refers to tar, as mentioned by DOA. Turns out that every tailer made cig delivers about 1 mg of nicotine. Since we absorb 1/3 of the nic in our juice (through the muscus membranes in mouth n throat mostly) to equal nic vaping to smoking we need 3 x mg of nic as you smoked per day. Most find dependency drops off quickly but to start, lets say you smoked a pack of 8's per day,
    25 x 1 = 25 mg of nic
    25 x 3 = 75 mg of vaping nic to equal replacement
    further, lets say you are vaping 16mg/ml of juice (well you said it, it's just a convention)
    that would be about 5ml of your juice to equal the previous smokes (4.6875)
    Thanks. That explains it very well
    MrGruffy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast