Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Urvile

Thread: Hi, my name is Urvile, and I'm a Vaper

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Smile Hi, my name is Urvile, and I'm a Vaper

Hey all, as the title says, my name is Urvile and I'm a dedicated new vaper.

I smoked for 13 years, and then stopped when my second child was born. Around 4 years later, I had a pretty terrible job and an even worse boss, and picked up the stinkies again. I know it was stupid, and I knew it was stupid even as I was doing it, but part of the reason was to make him feel bad about what an asshole he was. He didn't feel bad, I didn't keep that job, and I continued smoking...

Fast forward 12 months, and I got myself a new job. I was still smoking, and venturing out to the smokers pit every hour meant I came into contact with some other blokes puffing away on these electronic devices and generating massive clouds of sweet smelling vapour. I'm a techo, and was pretty interested in finding out what was going on -- anything with an LCD is right up my alley -- and those clouds yo!

These guys introduced me to vaping and it has transformed my life. No more $15 a day on cigarettes. No more smelling like the old ashtray. No more telling my kids I smell like smoke because I was burning spiders outside the front of the house every time I came back inside from smoking...

I spent about a week reading up on vaping, and then bought myself an RX2/3 with a Uwell Crown to sit on top. I've never been into bongs, but I had the chance through those new friends at work to try both MTL and DTL -- it turns out sub-ohming is my thing. I will forever be grateful to these guys who took the time to share their experiences with vaping, to answer endless questions about their equipment and other options, and to share their juice and gear. Their patience and generosity has paid off in spades, because I bought a bunch of juice from where they recommended in the US, decided I didn't like it, and passed it on to them. I've since moved on to mixing my own juice (the ELR website is amazing) although my efforts at cloning The French Dude have been pretty dismal...

In the 3 months I've been vaping, I've only tried one durry, about a week after the switch and it was pretty filthy -- one drag and straight into the weird looking ashtray we have in the smoker's pit. It's pretty amazing just how bad they taste and how quickly I recovered from them. I wish I'd gotten into vaping sooner -- trying a cigalike sans-nicotine a couple of years ago wasn't a memorable experience! I'm trying to pay forward the time these new friends invested in getting me to switch to vaping, and have converted two smokers with a third just about ready to pull the trigger.

One day in the not too distant future, I hope to break even in terms of money spent. I'm buying my third mod tonight, a Cuboid 150W to join the RX2/3 and Smok Alien I already have. I'm also hopefully grabbing that OBS Engine that Larry Backsplash is selling; it has a half dozen RTA/RDA/RDTAs waiting to welcome it to my bench. Excel tells me that my Break Even Day is April 18 -- but I do have 3 mods, 6 tanks, 4 litres of VG, 1100ml of 26 different concentrated flavourings, 50g of nicotine, 80 metres of A1 and 316L, and nearly a half kilo of cotton bacon. Come at me, government ban.

Hi, I'm Urvile, and I hope to one day break even. .................... Ooooh, check out this new post in the FS forum.....
    gert, jobics, Vapewave and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Urvile Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Urvile View Post
    Hey all, as the title says, my name is Urvile and I'm a dedicated new vaper.

I smoked for 13 years, and then stopped when my second child was born. Around 4 years later, I had a pretty terrible job and an even worse boss, and picked up the stinkies again. I know it was stupid, and I knew it was stupid even as I was doing it, but part of the reason was to make him feel bad about what an asshole he was. He didn't feel bad, I didn't keep that job, and I continued smoking...

Fast forward 12 months, and I got myself a new job. I was still smoking, and venturing out to the smokers pit every hour meant I came into contact with some other blokes puffing away on these electronic devices and generating massive clouds of sweet smelling vapour. I'm a techo, and was pretty interested in finding out what was going on -- anything with an LCD is right up my alley -- and those clouds yo!

These guys introduced me to vaping and it has transformed my life. No more $15 a day on cigarettes. No more smelling like the old ashtray. No more telling my kids I smell like smoke because I was burning spiders outside the front of the house every time I came back inside from smoking...

I spent about a week reading up on vaping, and then bought myself an RX2/3 with a Uwell Crown to sit on top. I've never been into bongs, but I had the chance through those new friends at work to try both MTL and DTL -- it turns out sub-ohming is my thing. I will forever be grateful to these guys who took the time to share their experiences with vaping, to answer endless questions about their equipment and other options, and to share their juice and gear. Their patience and generosity has paid off in spades, because I bought a bunch of juice from where they recommended in the US, decided I didn't like it, and passed it on to them. I've since moved on to mixing my own juice (the ELR website is amazing) although my efforts at cloning The French Dude have been pretty dismal...

In the 3 months I've been vaping, I've only tried one durry, about a week after the switch and it was pretty filthy -- one drag and straight into the weird looking ashtray we have in the smoker's pit. It's pretty amazing just how bad they taste and how quickly I recovered from them. I wish I'd gotten into vaping sooner -- trying a cigalike sans-nicotine a couple of years ago wasn't a memorable experience! I'm trying to pay forward the time these new friends invested in getting me to switch to vaping, and have converted two smokers with a third just about ready to pull the trigger.

One day in the not too distant future, I hope to break even in terms of money spent. I'm buying my third mod tonight, a Cuboid 150W to join the RX2/3 and Smok Alien I already have. I'm also hopefully grabbing that OBS Engine that Larry Backsplash is selling; it has a half dozen RTA/RDA/RDTAs waiting to welcome it to my bench. Excel tells me that my Break Even Day is April 18 -- but I do have 3 mods, 6 tanks, 4 litres of VG, 1100ml of 26 different concentrated flavourings, 50g of nicotine, 80 metres of A1 and 316L, and nearly a half kilo of cotton bacon. Come at me, government ban.

Hi, I'm Urvile, and I hope to one day break even. .................... Ooooh, check out this new post in the FS forum.....
    Welcome, Urvile! What a fantastic story.

Love my Crowns, and my RX2/3 - great combo. I also just ordered the Cuboid 150w, Big fan of the Evic Minis, so I know I'm going to enjoy it.

I love that I can now spend money on vaping gear instead of cigarettes - I spend too much on vaping, but it still doesn't come close to how much I spent on stinkies, so think I must've broken even by now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk