Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Some Newbie Mixing Advice Needed ..

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Some Newbie Mixing Advice Needed ..

Hi all, I have been vaping for around 2 weeks now with an ego-c and to date have been using standard flavoured e-juice mostly from juicewhore.
    Today my nic order arrived from hc and this is where I would appreciate a little advice.
    My order consisted of :
    1 x 110ml HC Unflavored E-liquid (110ml Unflavored)
    Ejuice base PG base (75%PG+25%VG) Strength 24mg
    1 x 110ml HC Unflavored E-liquid (110ml Unflavored)
    Ejuice base 100%VG Strength 36mg
    1 x 10ml Dekang Flue cured tobacco Strength 18mg
    1 x 10ml Dekang Menthol Strength 18mg
    1 x 110ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG)
    1 x 110ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG)

To get myself started I mixed the 18 mg juice approx 50/50 with pg to give me around 9-12 mg strength and have been very impressed with the flavour and the nic hit.
    I think 12mg would be about the max strength I would be comfortable with.
    As this was my first order I wasn't sure what to get and the 24mg PG and 36mg VG is what I decided on ... dont really know why .. just trying to use some info I had gleaned from the forums.

So this is where I need the advice,given what I have in unflavoured nic,what is the best way to use it to get 12mg juices ..I know I will be directed to the calculators but I havent gotten my head completely around those yet.

I only have one doubler as yet from juicewhore ... Is there a difference in recipes with the VG and the PG nic for mixing ..

How can I use my standard juices from juicewhore with nic ..

Should I mix the nic first with VG or PG before adding them to the flavours ..

On the calculator what strength flavour do I enter .. if using standard, double or triple ..?

I trust you will be patient with these newbie questions as I am finding the mixing the most difficult thing to figure out.

Thanks,Ceanag.

If you're using a doubler.. the flavour strength should be set to 50%.. the flavour (except for concentrates) is effectively flavoured PG/VG.. so any non-nicotine component can be made up from flavour or PG or VG. Treat the flavoured VG/PG the same you would as unflavoured VG/PG when working out how much to add.

If you want 12mg with 24mg nic.. then it's simply a matter of mixing a doubler with the 24mg nic juice 1:1 (50% doubler, 50% nic juice).

With the 36mg juice.. you need to work out the percentage:

12mg is 33% of 36mg.. (1/3).. so if you had 2ml of flavoured PG/VG and 1ml of 36mg nic-juice, you'd end up with 3ml of 12mg flavoured nic juice.

If you added 4ml of flavour.. add 2ml of nic-juice.. then you have 6ml of 12mg and so on..

With regards to standard, doubler, triple... if you had really strong nic juice.. like 50mg or 100mg.. you might get a standard flavour strength because you won't be adding much of the high strength nicotine, meaning you won't be diluting the flavour much at all. With tripplers.. it's really just for people who like to have a more concentrated form of the flavour.. so you would end up adding less of the flavoured VG/PG.. and either have a lower strength nicjuice, or add additional VG/PG yourself to make up the difference. A trippler will make the flavour you bought last longer so you don't have to buy as many bottles of it... of course it costs more.. so I don't see a lot of point to it to be honest.

Just stick to doublers for now.. even if you do mix it at 1ml nic, 2ml flavoured.. because you are using VG base for the 36mg.. it should be fine for the flavour to be stronger as the VG tends to water down the flavour more than the PG.
    timeout likes this.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

CCC
    Hi Ceanag. You need an empty bottle - fill it half way with the juicewhore doubler you got, then fill it the rest of the way with your unflavoured 24mg nic liquid. Whala you now have a bottle of 12mg juice
    timeout likes this.

CCC
    And dont be afraid of this calculator, it is SO easy to unerstand eJuice Recipe Calculator
    timeout likes this.

i found a free ap for my iphone that works a treat search for ejuice or use App Store - eJuice there's probably an android app as well but this one is really simple you put:
    1) what strength your base is
    2) what your target is
    3) what percent of the mix u want ur flavour base to be (doubler 50% tripler 33% if u want a 1:1 type mix)
    4) skip the water/alcohol
    5) put your amount to create (size of bottle ur filling)

it then breaks it down to ml and drop measures I use syringes and the ml measures myself
    timeout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    And dont be afraid of this calculator, it is SO easy to unerstand eJuice Recipe Calculator
    Yup.. it is. As I explained in my post, if you are using a doubler then you should put 50% in the flavour percent.

So for the 24mg.. you should put these values in:

24 (nic str)
    12 (target str)
    5 (mls)
    0 (water)
    50 (flav %)

For 36mg nic:
    36 (nic str)
    12 (target str)
    5 (mls)
    0 (water)
    50 (flav %)

As you can see from this second example, it says to add 0.8ml of PG/VG.. if you want to go from a true 50% flavour, 50% unflavoured mix then you will want to add 0.8ml of PG or VG.. alternatively, you can just add that 0.8ml as the flavoured doubler.. meaning you'd add a total of 3.3ml flavoured doubler and 1.7ml of 36mg nic juice...

Obviously mixing in thirds (12mg from 36mg) using an amount of mls that is divisible by 3 makes things simpler

Thanks for the prompt responses guys ...
    So there is not a huge difference between PG nic and VG nic ..?
    And if I mixed my standard juicwhore juices 50/50 with 24mg nic would that just give me a 12mg juice with less flavour ..?
    And what will I need my bottles of VG and PG for ..?

Quote Originally Posted by ceanag View Post
    Thanks for the prompt responses guys ...
    So there is not a huge difference between PG nic and VG nic ..?
    And if I mixed my standard juicwhore juices 50/50 with 24mg nic would that just give me a 12mg juice with less flavour ..?
    And what will I need my bottles of VG and PG for ..?
    1. the only difference is one is VG and the other is PG. The nicotine content is no different than it is marked. The VG will generally make flavours more watery, throat hit smoother, more velvety vape and a lot more vapour. The PG will not affect the flavour as much other than direct dilution (see next question), will maintain the throat hit, generally more harsh but not always so, and less vapour production.
    2. If you have double strength flavour and you add 50% PG/VG (whether it has nicotine in it or not), the flavour strength will be cut in half. So think of a doubler as 200% flavour strength of the "intended" flavour strength. When you cut it in half it becomes full strength (100%) of the intended flavour.
    3. Well.. as above, if you do want to have a 50%/50% mix with the 36mg nicotine juice.. you will need to add a bit of VG or PG, depending on your preferences, to dilute the nicotine. The result above was 1.7ml 36mg juice, 0.8ml PG/VG, 2.5ml doubler.. so that's where the unflavoured, non-nicotine PG/VG comes into play. Also, down the track, you might get some 100mg nic-juice and want to cut it down to 25mg yourself but keep it unflavoured; so you will need unflavoured PG or VG to do that.
    timeout likes this.

CCC
    You will want to end up with some PG and some VG in your final mix. What i do is get my nic liquid in PG, then i get my doublers in VG, so when i mix them together i have pretty much 50/50 PG/VG. This suits me, but other people like a ratio of 70/30 or 80/20, that is also where your plain PG and VG come into the mixing process.

When you say standard juicewhore juices, you are actually talking about double strength juice without nic, they make them to be mixed 50/50 with nic liquid, so if you have been vaping them straight, you have been tasting double strength, kind of like drinking cordial before adding the water.

I thought the standard juices were the ones you vaped if you didnt have (or didnt want) nic ..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast