Thread: Newbie question

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Newbie question

Hi

I'm into my first week of vaping and I'm looking to getting a regulated tube style mod or a tube style aio, although I'm not sure what I should be getting.

I'm currently using an istick 30 with mini nautilus which is set to around 9w (4.1v) and I go through about 3ml juice per day.

I need something with good battery life to get me through the day and possibly a large enough tank so I don't have to refil.

I also don't want something too large and I'm not interested in sub-ohm.

Is there anything that would fit these criteria?

Thanks

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Are you looking for a tube mod purely for ergonomic reasons?
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Both ergonomic and I like the look of them better

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    If you're willing to spend the money and you really want a tube, for your style of vaping, I'd grab a Provari.

They are pricey, but they are value for money and highly durable.

Vapeking lists them as still being in stock at the moment (but I can't confirm that's not an inventory error with Provape being out of business...)

Provari P3 - 20W | VapeKing
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Regular

I would love a provari but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I have tried the ijust s and quite liked it, can I use a different style drip tip in this?

AVF Regular
    I'm assuming its a 510 drip tip, if so you can use any 510-sized drip tip

Ok so I got the ijust s and I live it with the 0.5 coil. I am having the issue with it though. I can use it 2-3 times then it just won't work, I've googled it and seems to be a common problem with a connector pin? Does anyone know how to fix it? Or should I just return it under warranty?

AVF Regular
    The problem is most likely the internal connector, where the head screws into the base.

Make sure it is screwed in tight.

There *is* a problem with spec for the design of the seal. Some people had problems with it leaking on other Eleaf devices, so it seems the response to that was to use a slightly thicker o-ring on the bottom. If you look at the head just above the bottom thread you'll see a little o-ring. The problem with using a thicker o-ring here is that on some devices it can make it very difficult to tighten it down enough so the centre pin on the head makes reliable contact.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Just to elaborate, you can see the o-ring on this image from Eleaf:

In the image the o-ring is level with the outer flange. The coils that came with my Melo III (which actually are the 0.5 ohm) have o-rings that aren't quite that big. This image has been heavily photoshopped though, so reality may be variable LOL

Also make sure the bottom pin and the grommet that holds it haven't been mashed into the casing *from* over tightening or something.

You could try the coil that came with it, but it is probably the 0.18 ohm. You could swap the o-ring from the 0.18 coils with the o-ring on the 0.5 coils and see if that makes a difference.

As for returning it... I think it might be more of a coil head problem than a ijust S problem, so that would depend...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 25-03-17 at 09:04 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.