Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Smok stick v8 kit

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Smok stick v8 kit

So I've moved to vaping instead of smoking and have been using a nautilus mini with good results but I just ordered a SMOK STICK V8 KIT but in hindsight I'm not sure if it's the right one for me as I want to simulate smoking , mouth to lung right ? Anyway any advice muchly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    don't think it would suit mtl to be honest ( my opinion ) but it is a good unit and great for a starter to see if you will like direct lung ..

c0bblep0t likes this.

But I'd be able to get a different tank yea ? Better for mtl ?

AVF Regular
    It is compatible with other 510 tanks.. I swap mine around.. it has a surprising amount of power.. not sure how mtl would go.. but closing the a/f a decent way should make it possible

c0bblep0t likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm kind of a newbie myself I just know the v8s are quite airy

you could do that ., others here when they jump on will be able to give more of an idea on it as I'm full dl vaper and don't know much on mtl

c0bblep0t likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by c0bblep0t View Post
    So I've moved to vaping instead of smoking and have been using a nautilus mini with good results but I just ordered a SMOK STICK V8 KIT but in hindsight I'm not sure if it's the right one for me as I want to simulate smoking , mouth to lung right ? Anyway any advice muchly appreciated
    Yes, that's the other end of the spectrum from where you are now. It comes with 0.15 and 0.25 ohm coils. Try it and see if you like it, I guess. You'll need to use liquid with less nicotine in it.

Some more Nautilus minis and maybe a nice mod might make more sense if that's the way you want to vape. There's nothing wrong with the little Nautie.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Just use the Nautilus Mini tank on the mod at low wattage for now. I started vaping 6 months ago and i started with the exact same tank doing mouth to lung type drags. Now im using a Baby Beast tank with wide open airflow at higher wattage and direct lung hits. Just remember when you switch to a sub ohm setup that you will need to use lower levels of nicotine, 3 to 6mg or so should be perfect and wont burn your lungs. I think once you get used to direct lung vaping and producing more vapour and more flavour that you will prefer it. Just takes some getting use to.
    c0bblep0t and ghost2489 like this.

AVF Regular
    i have the V8 and yes its very much an open air DL unit, you can turn the air valve and restrict it a little and take smaller puffs, but you will still go thru your juice pretty quick,
    I even screwed on the V8 cloud beast to it for giggles, it still works ok, more power is wanted cos that wasnt 80-100+ watts and I think the v8 stick does about 35 or thereabouts,
    its a nice easy device to use, I keep mine in the car mainly when its not in my workbag and very simple to use, refill and charge, easy DL device but juice hungry.
    c0bblep0t likes this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    And if you try it and don't like it, you can offer it up for sale in the Classified section here - lots of members heee on AVF seem to really like it so I'm sure you'll be able to recoup some of your $$
    c0bblep0t likes this.

Thanks for help guys , any recommendations for mtl vapes then ? Haven't bought cigarettes for 3 weeks now so don't want to go backwards, lungs definitely feeling better as I was told I have chronic airway disease

muscovyduckling likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast