Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ladies Vape Pen Upgrade

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Ladies Vape Pen Upgrade

G'day gang, new to vaping after being a pack a day smoker. Been vaping for about 2 months and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

I started out with an aspire pockex because this seemed the perfect choice for a vaping virgin. Also aesthetically pleasing.

I needed a bigger tank because I was burning through the 2ml tank in a day. (I was a chain smoker, so this just makes the habit even easier, but less lung cancer inducing). So I've upgraded to the aspire K4. Not as pretty, but it's got a 3.5ml tank which is a good result. It's also pretty idiot proof which is important for someone who barely knows what they're doing.

However, the stupid thing leaks all the time, in fact the pockex did too. This is shitting me. I've looked around but can't find a pen style with a large tank that is also easy on the eye.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ybnice likes this.

AVF Regular
    From a bloke's point of view, I don't see too much difference between the K4 and the Pockex (LOLs)

The Cleito tank that comes with the K4 kit is a sub ohm tank, quite a bit different from the Pockex. Very large juice ports on the heads might mean that very thin juices tend to flood more easily. Given that you've been having flooding on both devices maybe look at what might be causing it - but it could be different reasons:

A) juice is too thin - try a thicker juice with higher VG content

B) Sucking too hard on a device with restricted airflow drags juice into the wick - open up the airflow if possible, if not then you have the wrong device for you, or you need to use higher nicotine content so you don't have to suck as much or as hard.

C) Faulty coil head - switch out the coil for a different one, sometimes you have a coil head that has not been assembled correctly.

D) Faulty device - normally results in leaking other than into the head, usually a faulty or missing seal, badly made part etc.

Without seeing what is going no, I'd guess (B) for the Pockex and (A) for the Cleito tank.

Congrats for making the switch BTW. If you prefer the Pockex just carry a small bottle of liquid with you and top it off at lunch time (or have a second device and switch them). The Cleito is a direct lung sub ohm tank, while the Pockex is more of a mouth to lung tank, so they are a bit different.
    Noe likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Both have had new coils put in. They both leak at the bottom of the tank rather than the top. I probably prefer the pockex (aesthetics, size).

At this stage I'm going for mouth to lung. I've got one juice which is the only one I can do all day long so far, everything else has been ordinary but I'm new to it all so need to test out different flavours, manufacturers etc. So I'm not keen on changing yet given I've found something I like.

Is the pockex a good start for mouth to lung? I'm still in the market for something prettier but there doesn't seem to be heaps of options for the ladies!

AVF Regular
    Hi Biggy

Unfortunately there are not a whole lot of pen style kits available, compared to the box style. Apart from the Pockex and K4, your choices include:

-Ijust 2 or IJust S
    -Smok Stick V8
    Joyetech Unimax
    -Endura T18

Plus lots of all-in-one type devices like the Joyetech Ego AIO, where the tank is built into the tube. I'm sure others will come along and add to the list.

The thing about those pen-style devices is that those with tanks that suit mouth to lung style Vaping all have smaller capacity tanks, and those with larger tank capacities are more suited to Direct Lung or Sub-ohm Vaping.

So you have a couple of choices - either work with your Pockex to fix the leaking issues, and refill it more frequently, or make a mix'n'match combo where you buy one of the kits and buy a seperate MTL tank to use with the pen-style battery. Or you could just buy another Pockex when you get this one working well and have two on the go at once
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ive been using the cleito for the last 6 months. As for juice coming from the bottom of the atty i found its usally from the juice being to thin. I can do 50/50 but it tends to gurgle for the first couple of hits. If ur after mtl the cleito definitely isn't for you. I find that the vape becomes to hot with the airflow closed down anything past half. I would suggest making sure ur coil is screwed in enough and your topcap screwed down but not to tight. (It floods if you haven't tightened the top cap enough). Also remove all seals wash and put back into place.

AVF Regular
    big nautilus in a spinner II with matching profile ring for appearance.

Pros
    You can get Spinnners in all sorts of colours including rainbow if you're into it.
    5ml+ good battery
    last a day at stated vape levels and no leakage.

Cons
    it's more like a whiteboard marker than a pen
    Evilm8 likes this.

AVF Regular
    hang on in there ... never tried it but https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/j...nt=34791811343 appears to be MTL, leakproof, larger capacity - maybe check out some reviews ! - also there is a fire engine red all in one Kanger togo in the classies for $20.. Stuffs for sales
    Danny76 likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    I have the unimax 25 and the tank itself is just well ok. Flavor is ok build is ok but as mentioned it does not leak. If u can get it to leak u doing better than me. Dont bother with the battery unit no vw and your stuck to 1 voltage setting.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyG View Post
    Both have had new coils put in. They both leak at the bottom of the tank rather than the top. I probably prefer the pockex (aesthetics, size).

At this stage I'm going for mouth to lung. I've got one juice which is the only one I can do all day long so far, everything else has been ordinary but I'm new to it all so need to test out different flavours, manufacturers etc. So I'm not keen on changing yet given I've found something I like.

Is the pockex a good start for mouth to lung? I'm still in the market for something prettier but there doesn't seem to be heaps of options for the ladies!

If the Pockex is leaking out the bottom where the glass fits on the battery it means that the seal that holds the tank on is faulty!

That may indeed be a warranty issue, or it may be simple to fix.

Noe likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyG View Post

I know multiple users of the Pockex, I have one myself & I have never heard of it leaking from the bottom of the tank until now.
    Perhaps you are not screwing the top down tight enough when refilling or perhaps there is a faulty seal like Fab mentions above. When screwing the top down, be sure to screw it on as tight as possible, when refilling be sure to hold the battery & tank in place & unscrew the top from the tank, not the other way around.
    The tank should be sitting down firmly on the battery, with the coil head attached to the top cap, before refilling, if the coil head is in the battery end, then remove it & screw it on very tight to the top cap, this should keep it there when refilling until you need to remove it to swap a coil.
    If after all this has failed, your pockex still leaks, I would think its a warranty issue.

I think getting a second Pockex so you have one in use & one as a back up while out & about it a good idea, it also means you can be charging one while using the other. The Rose gold color one is probably more for Ladies but you can buy the tank section seperately as a replacement for if a tank breaks, so you could get a different colored tank to the Pockex body to pretty it up a little , the rose gold/ black combo would work nicely I think.

I reviewed the Pockex here, perhaps reading the review will help you a little more : Aspire Pockex All-in-one review
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast