Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Runny nose

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Runny nose

Just wondering if anyone else gets a runny nose when vaping? Is it normal? Is it related to VG or PG? Or both (I vape 70/30 vg/pg)? It's really weird...it only occurs when actually vaping. A minute ot two after Im done vaping, it dries up.

Initially I was inclined to just put it down to my nose clearing after being off the analogs for 2 and a half weeks. But if it was that - then why does it only happen when I vape?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SomberVaper View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else gets a runny nose when vaping? Is it normal? Is it related to VG or PG? Or both (I vape 70/30 vg/pg)? It's really weird...it only occurs when actually vaping. A minute ot two after Im done vaping, it dries up.

Initially I was inclined to just put it down to my nose clearing after being off the analogs for 2 and a half weeks. But if it was that - then why does it only happen when I vape?

Any thoughts?

If you blow vapour out your nose it condenses and feels "runny". Nose exhales are the best and fastest way to get nicotine though.

A lot of it really is water vapour - the component you see in vapour actually IS water vapour. PG and VG are practically invisible. The condensate is probably mostly water, especially when you consider the tiny volume of e-liquid that is vaporised with each puff.
    Cat and SomberVaper like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    If you blow vapour out your nose it condenses and feels "runny". Nose exhales are the best and fastest way to get nicotine though.

A lot of it really is water vapour - the component you see in vapour actually IS water vapour. PG and VG are practically invisible. The condensate is probably mostly water, especially when you consider the tiny volume of e-liquid that is vaporised with each puff.
    Thanks. I figured it was normal...but hadnt really heard of it so thought I'd best ask.

fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I always get cold water drops the size of a sand grain coming out with my vape . Don't do it often cause it just feels weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by em2024 View Post
    I always get cold water drops the size of a sand grain coming out with my vape . Don't do it often cause it just feels weird
    That's a party trick right there...
    gert likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    That's a party trick right there...
    Maybe if I could somehow make them coloured haha

gert and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Regular
    Doesn't help that I've had flu like symptoms and always a blocked nose so that's probably contributing quite a lot lol

AVF Regular
    Try some Steamery's Blizzard. I vape that when I have a cold or blocked nose.

Doesn't help that I've had flu like symptoms and always a blocked nose so that's probably contributing quite a lot lol

em2024 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I got flue like symptoms shortly after I switched, it should only last a short while though - mostly blocked sinuses.

As already said menthol and even eucalyptus vapes can help, and yeah blowing the vape out your nose will get it moving.

AVF Regular
    I'm vaping " pug life " with a small cool hit in one of my tanks , we made an areo bar one up so might start using it again haha, I didn't like the idea of menthol but a few I've tried make me want to buy more so vape money needs to return . I see my birthday present being possibly the tarot nano ( for the cooler vapes ) and a few mentholish liquids , maybe a predator whilst I'm at it just because .

I've had semi blocked sinuses for years after going through 6 months of constant sickness but it's playing up a bit more since the switch .

fabricator4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast