Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Newbie wanting to vape

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Newbie wanting to vape

Hi all,
    Sorry I know you get these questions all the time, so thanks for your help in advance.

I've been a smoker for about 15 years and I'm ready to move to vape instead - the only problem is how complicated all of this is! I really just want a decent setup that will fit in my handbag and not look too weird, with plenty of battery life and is easy to use/refill.

So my question is, what do I need to buy? I think from reading here I need the machine/vape itself, coils?, batteries and obviously liquid.

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks again.

Hello hello! I started with an all in one (AIO) device - the aspire pockex. Not to make too many assumptions about your hand bag, but I particularly liked this one because it was small and pretty in rose gold.

I have after a month or so of using it moved on to a bigger setup but I still highly recommend it as a first try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Noe and gert like this.

AVF Regular
    Narinna hello and welcome!
    The Aspire Pockex as biggy mentioned is a great start, it is an all in one device which means it has its own battery, and you only need to twist off the top fill it with 2mls of liquid charge hit the button and vape.
    Noe here did a great write up on it and Legion Vapes did a good video on youtube
    Can someone please link Noes write up I cant find it,
    Heres Legions video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIS-XOKzt5I&t=39s

I had one for about 2 weeks until wifey liked it, shes now added that to her aspire original and Innokin T22! both swiped from me and the Ijoy Proc AIO! ;p

Innokin T18 and T22 are also good ones to look at, all these devices Ive mentioned mimic the sensation and draw feel of a cigarette and are a great starting point.
    The Innokin T22 I bought from a cig shop and paid twice the price for!
    Couple of great vendors are on here like Vapour Eyes, the Steamery, Victory Vape, Vape Street are all vendors Ive bought from and would happily recommend.
    Then theres the nicotine thing. I don't know what state you are in but if you have a vape shop near you, goto it and see these devices if you can. You don't have location on your profile so I cant recommend one.
    Your in the right place, no dumb questions, we've all been there, there are a hella great bunch of vapesters here and I'm sure they'll all chime in soon enough.
    Juice can be bought with or without nicotine currently its not legal to buy it here but you can import for personal use, but more on that later, there are vendors that can sell it and drop ship too you
    Vapour Eyes, Mixology, start with a flavoured liquid then start using nic added juices it got me used to vaping then once cigs lost their hold on me, I switched completely to vaping, and it still gives you that physical smoking feel kinda, so your brain adapts to it much easier then dumb patches or gum.

You've made the first big step, your here, good luck on your journey.
    gert likes this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

You are right. You do need those things. Except for most beginner devices have the battery built in to the device, which i would recommend for someone just starting out.

The only device like that i have tried and can personally recommend is the innokin endura T18. Which performed well for me and was very easy to use with clear instructions provided. But there are many others that are similar. Like the pockex mentioned above.

You need coils to go inside it so grab whatever coils to match that device. Coils are the replaceable wick that facilitates the vaporisation of the liquid.

You need liquid to go in there. For someone starting out i would recommend some juice that is ready to go. This can be bought without nicotine from many places online or in store in Australia.

If you want nicotine in it you can buy juice with nicotine already in it from overseas or buy juice from Australian stores and add the nicotine yourself which you also must buy from overseas.
    If you want to add nicotine to juice bought here i recommend getting nicotine from hiliq. It is very cheap and very fast to arrive in the post.

Once you have all of this you are ready to go 😊😊😊

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    visit a vape shop and try a number of devices.

how you smoke may not be the same as how you would vape.

I'm not fond of AIOs, when they die you're left with nothing if thats your only device.
    An ideal starter kit is a tank or atomiser that suits how you vape and a mod small enough for what you think is portable.
    hence, find a shop and try out a few.
    Danny76, Sully and Seminewvaper75 like this.

AVF Regular
    totally agree!
    then again I only started in jan I now have gone thru
    joytech Pro C, Aspire Pockex, Innokin T18 and T22, Kangertech Drip Box 2, Hadaly RDA, 2 protank 4's ceramic and rda coils, tobeco mini,goon rda, tfv4 micro tfv4 tfv8 Smok V8 Stick, TFv8 and baby beast, melo 3 minis, Realeaux RX Mini, cuboid T80, Istick Pico and just yesterday scored a Smok Skyhook RDA Box :P But I'm an idiot, but hey at least I have experienced a lot

love your avatar andron, eva greene?
    gert and Seminewvaper75 like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Narinna
    This is what I use when I go out, its only the size of a cigarette lighter and has its own charger, very convenient for bags, and you dont need to drag much stuff around, Grab a bottle of juice and your'e good to go.I love mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Vr49iWn9Y

AVF Regular
    yes Sully. i was engrossed with Penny Dreadful when I joined this forum.
    plus that photo of her smoking was the smexiest intro on that show.

Man, you have way too much gear than when i started.

Narinna,
    My best advise for you right now is never give up on vaping.
    Don't be intimidated by what these devices are, i'm sure you'll find what works for you.
    Sully likes this.

AVF Regular
    oh ive only watched one episode of dreadful I'm waiting for wifey to catchup! hrmmmm eva such a oh wait, I better stop :P great actress thou!

yes sadly I do have a lot of toys, so Narinna if you have any questions about them I'm happy to give my 4.7 ex gst cents worth
    you think my vape collections bad should see my costuming, costume making tools, 3d printer collection not to mention movies and movie how they made them book collection!
    vape gears catching up

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Hi Narinna
    This is what I use when I go out, its only the size of a cigarette lighter and has its own charger, very convenient for bags, and you dont need to drag much stuff around, Grab a bottle of juice and your'e good to go.I love mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Vr49iWn9Y
    Gert Ive been looking at one of those as a stealth vape and also when I have to fly interstate for work, rather loose one of those to security then some other toys, recommend one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast