Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Danny76
  • 1 Post By Dhufish

Thread: Am I doing it wrong?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Am I doing it wrong?

Hey Guys,

I've been vaping for a while but I bought a complete unit the Ego One CT.

I have just purchased the following:

WISMEC Predator 228

Crown Tank / Atomizer "Mark 1"

I'm just not sure what settings to use. I know I must use TC-SS Mode, with the S316 atmoizer that came in the crown tank.

However, what settings do I use?

The liquid I have is 36mg Nicotine, and it's quite strong.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the ratio is - doesn't say on the pack. I bought it from Joyetech UK. It's there Tecc Titan 36mg/1ml tobacco.

Default reading in TC-SS mode on the predator is : 250 degress C, Wattage 228, OHM 0.28

I took one puff, a small one, and my god the head rush was insane. But is that safe? I'm just wondering how I am meant to know what the right settings are for that liquid.

Anyhelp would be appreciated!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    36mg/ml is quite strong.
    I think you probably need to drop the nic strength down, which is fairly easy to do.
    Go to the chemist or health food store & get a bottle of VG ("Melrose" brand vegetable glycerin, at healfood stores is very good) 200ml will cost under $10. Just make sure it is VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, the chemist may have Glycerin that is not vegetable based your best bet is the health food store where they will only have vegetable glycerin, not glycerin.
    Once you have that mix your 36mg/ml juice 50/50 with the VG, that will drop your nic strength down to 18mg/ml, however you are going to lose 1/2 the flavor but it is better to do that than to rip your throat apart with the juice you have.

I don't use TC but I think you could try dropping the temp down a little perhaps to 220-230C & maybe the power down to 180W, which should tame the vape a little too.
    Last edited by Noe; 05-04-17 at 07:40 PM.
    AllyP and Danny76 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    36mg is pretty insane especially for sub olming . So to give you a idea i use my crown with the .5 coils at 6mg at 70w. Btw although it says ss they have nickel legs which u won't get a great temp control vape off they r great in vw or vv mode. To do temp control u need the nicrome coils.
    Dhufish likes this.

AVF Regular
    Order some 6 mg and or 12 mg ready to vape liquids from a NZ store ( as aus stores can't sell you liquids with nicotine in them)

https://thevapeshop.nz/

Mixology Vapes – E Liquid Nicotine Australia | Shipping e liquid with nicotine and unflavoured nicotine to Australia

You are about right with the temp settings. In theory you should be able to set the wattage high and the temp control will kick in and out to stop coils being burnt BUT it's not always like that. For the crown 30 to 50 watts in fine. Start at 220 deg and work your way up in temp until you find something you like.
    Danny76 likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    Order some 6 mg and or 12 mg ready to vape liquids from a NZ store ( as aus stores can't sell you liquids with nicotine in them)

https://thevapeshop.nz/

Mixology Vapes – E Liquid Nicotine Australia | Shipping e liquid with nicotine and unflavoured nicotine to Australia

You are about right with the temp settings. In theory you should be able to set the wattage high and the temp control will kick in and out to stop coils being burnt BUT it's not always like that. For the crown 30 to 50 watts in fine. Start at 220 deg and work your way up in temp until you find something you like.
    I Know the wattage has to do with ramp up time but my thought is that if the initial puff is too warm it would be contributing to the fierceness of the vape.
    Personally with the SS coils in the Crown I wouldn't even be bothering with TC, I'd just use wattage mode & set the wattage at around 30W but the OP seems to want to use TC.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Same Noe, I don't use TC with the SS coils, you can but i prefer wattage.