Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: About to give up and return to cigarettes.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

About to give up and return to cigarettes.

Hi y'all sorry to be a downer and all

But I'm going back into cigarettes.
    I ordered my first mod and atomiser set up back in early March and have since been fed up with all the technical issues technical problems and most importantly a vape where I can taste the liquid and can confidently vape away without getting a horrible disgusting taste in my mouth.

So I'm close to just giving up and donating my set because where I live the only vape bar closed years ago before I got into vaping
    and nobody who vapes wants to help, only sell me overpriced ciggy starter kits and snidely remark that my device "is the type that explodes"

So yeah, nah I've been at this for about a month now, build coils and coils and wicks and wicks and wicks and they always suck
    I'm waiting on an RDA to build on so I can better troubleshoot and rule out variables but other then that if I don't get a good vape soon I'm just going to resume smoking.

I thought I might give this forum a try in case any of you know the answer and feel like pointing out anything you are welcome to.

I am:
    Familiar with vaping and the science behind it
    I do know of ohms, watts amps and volts
    I use 24g kanthal
    Cotton Bacon V2 is my wicking material
    Have tried more, less, scotch roll, bog roll, dog roll, bank roll no wick seems to hold the right amount of juice and not burn in a few spots.
    and my Mod is a Smok 220w
    and have watched many tutorial vids, there's just some things you cannot fix by watching a video.

Thank you for your time dear reader.

AVF Regular
    Sorry to hear. I notice you have Perth listed in the tags.
    Are you looking for someone in your area that can meet face to face and help or is it too late for that
    Noe and AllyP like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice Admiral Bone to Pick View Post
    "is the type that explodes"

So yeah, nah I've been at this for about a month now, build coils and coils and wicks and wicks and wicks and they always suck
    I'm waiting on an RDA to build on so I can better troubleshoot and rule out variables but other then that if I don't get a good vape soon I'm just going to resume smoking.

I thought I might give this forum a try in case any of you know the answer and feel like pointing out anything you are welcome to.

I am:
    I use 24g kanthal
    Have tried more, less, scotch roll, bog roll, dog roll, bank roll no wick seems to hold the right amount of juice and not burn in a few spots.
    and have watched many tutorial vids, there's just some things you cannot fix by watching a video.

1st thing: all these will explode when mishandled its the fact of any and all batterys

2: what tank you using?

3: what watts? because that can play a factor along with the amount of airflow
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    derp

also maybe you got vapers tounge
    If you dont know it. Ask

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Are you looking for someone in your area that can meet face to face and help or is it too late for that
    Nice catch CC, I didn't look at the tags.

Hi y'all sorry to be a downer and all

But I'm going back into cigarettes.
    I ordered my first mod and atomiser set up back in early March and have since been fed up with all the technical issues technical problems and most importantly a vape where I can taste the liquid and can confidently vape away without getting a horrible disgusting taste in my mouth.

So I'm close to just giving up and donating my set because where I live the only vape bar closed years ago before I got into vaping
    and nobody who vapes wants to help, only sell me overpriced ciggy starter kits and snidely remark that my device "is the type that explodes"

I am:
    I use 24g kanthal

As you correctly pointed out, some things can not be fixed by watching a video. If you want some "hands on" guidance & if you are indeed in Perth, then feel free to hit me up in Private Message (PM) so we can arrange a time to give you some face to face help
    I don't use cotton bacon but it can't be too much different to Muji lol
    I also don't use 24G Kanthal but I do use Kanthal so the principle is the same
    I'm pretty confident no matter which atty/tank you are using I can help you get a decent vape from it.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I was hoping someone would offer
    Fatman and AllyP like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    It's not too late, I mean I'm just not vaping right now and smoking cigarettes because I was really counting upon getting over this hurdle by now.

And Saph I have a Combo RDTA tank, I also had this other Tank which I've just smashed and thrown in the bin today (it was a freebie, no loss)
    Since the RDTA tank is far too temperamental I'm trying an RDA, although this is where it becomes frustrating since every time you need something you gotta go online, order, wait. rinse repeat etc

Watts I keep it between 12-26 watts on an .8 ohm single coil, which as I understand is within the range of that specification and in case your wondering my coils do glow from the middle outward and don't appear to have any hotspots from the parts you can visibly see.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular

And Saph I have a Combo RDTA tank, I also had this other Tank which I've just smashed and thrown in the bin today (it was a freebie, no loss)
    Since the RDTA tank is far too temperamental I'm trying an RDA, although this is where it becomes frustrating since every time you need something you gotta go online, order, wait. rinse repeat etc

Watts I keep it between 12-26 watts on an .8 ohm single coil, which as I understand is within the range of that specification and in case your wondering my coils do glow from the middle outward and don't appear to have any hotspots from the parts you can visibly see.
    can you by chance give me the wrap diameter? i want to check something on steam engine because you might be on to low watts
    If you dont know it. Ask

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    can you by chance give me the wrap diameter? i want to check something on steam engine because you might be on to low watts
    only ask for this because i punched in to steam engine your ohms and used my settings (i use 24 kanthal aswell) and got this

anthony.bagala likes this.
    If you dont know it. Ask

Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    only ask for this because i punched in to steam engine your ohms and used my settings (i use 24 kanthal aswell) and got this

Oh, Umm it's 3mm I believe, I don't know how thick the actual wire is, I can only presume the gauge offers that info
    but I'm doing like six wraps, comes out at .8 ohms
    I got different results on the calculator.
    And keep in mind this is a single coil, not a double one.

I have photo's but I guess I gotta go get an image host link first, so stand by.

it's a pretty wide coil, been sticking to that since I'm wary of micro ones being too tiny for the wick, the idea being for a bigger surface area, OH!! and I keep getting sizzling and spitting when I prime the wick and vape, but soon after it just becomes bone dry and tasteless clouds, the other end of the problem spectrum is I just get dry cotton flavour clouds mmm mmm mmm with a slight note that makes my nose sting slightly.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast