Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Question about Fasttech

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question about Fasttech

I know a lot of you have had experience with fasttech and have suggested them as good company to deal with.

I placed an order with them over a week ago and paid the extra $2 for the Australia expedited parcel service. I think at check out this option was the one I had to use because this service allowed shipment of an internal battery device.

Today I logged in and found this message waiting for me -

"We feel sorry to tell you that the actual shipping cost for your package is US$12.40more than the amount you paid to us. The shipping cost is calculated based on the size of your parcel, while FastTech checkout system calculates shipping cost based on the actual weight of your parcel. If you need us to ship your order via Australia expedited parcel, you may need to send a manual payment for the price difference via this PayPal link: (link removed) Here is what you need to enter: From: (your e-mail address)
    To: info@fasttech.com Amount: (US$12.40) And then please click “continue” to enter your credit card and billing information.

Please let us know the ***transaction ID*** after you made payment so that we can associate it to your order, and arrange the shipping for your order. If you are unwilling to pay the additional shipping fee, we can ship the order by registered airmail via PostNL which takes 16-22 business days for delivery. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Please let us know your decision. And if we didn’t get a reply from you within 24 hours, we will directly ship the order via PostNL."

So I'm not sure what to do now. Are fasttech trying to rip me off or what? I'm wondering why the additional costs didn't come up when I originally paid. There doesn't seem to be any live support there to ask them.

Thanks in advance if any of you managed to get through that wall of text.

AVF Regular
    That happened to me when I tried to buy a stack of bottles that very bulky but are low weight. I never fixed it with Fasttech. I cancelled the order and bought the bottles from ebay and repurchased the non bulky items from FT

if you look in your account you should have a ticket started for the issue. you can add comments to the ticket or reply to the email and it will tack on to the end of the ticket in their system
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Ok thanks Crisscross I did order about 20 small plastic bottles and a couple of plastic measuring beakers and another pockex. I don't get why they offer free shipping or the 2$ option then spring this on me.

I could cancel the order and buy through ebay but I will be still buying from China with their 20-30 day delays and I will have to buy from multiple vendors.

Maybe I should have split the order up?

AVF Regular
    cancel the order get the plastic beakers via FT

pockex and bottles go aussie

wick and wire do 10 of any for 7 (or maybe thats just the 30ml ones for 7)
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wattle View Post
    Ok thanks Crisscross I did order about 20 small plastic bottles and a couple of plastic measuring beakers and another pockex. I don't get why they offer free shipping or the 2$ option then spring this on me.

I could cancel the order and buy through ebay but I will be still buying from China with their 20-30 day delays and I will have to buy from multiple vendors.

Maybe I should have split the order up?

I add a pack of 5 bottles everytime I order something from FT. They bulk out and protect the other items.

If you want things in a hurry for bottles and beakers then have a look at non vaping packaging places. New Directions, Pack my product and I am sure there are a lot more. Vaping stores are not the cheapest for bottles but shipping for an expensive item makes the purchase of bottles cheaper.

Vape assist can help you look at whats available locally.. Then its just a matter of what speed of delivery means to you.

AVF Regular
    They are doing this a lot lately, I paid The $2 for Epidited air and got an email asking for an extra $1.27usd or they will send it via Australia e-packet. They are turning to rip-offs

Yeah maybe I should cancel the order. I was trying to save a bit of money because I'm on a very low income but I'm feeling less secure about fasttech today. I guess I will have to save up some more money and hope my current pockex doesn't break. I'll think about my options for a few more hours. Thanks for replying.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    20 empty bottles adds a lot of volume to a package.
    I would look for the ticket in your account, then ask them to calculate the maximum number of bottles allowed before increasing postage cost, due to volume. Then I would have them remove the extra bottles & refund me via PP for their cost.
    Tara likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    20 empty bottles adds a lot of volume to a package.
    I would look for the ticket in your account, then ask them to calculate the maximum number of bottles allowed before increasing postage cost, due to volume. Then I would have them remove the extra bottles & refund me via PP for their cost.
    I finally got onto live chat and asked them to reduce the volume size of the order. They couldn't give me an answer to that so I gave up and cancelled the entire order and they say they are going to refund it back into my PayPal account. Gave me a transaction number so it should be OK.

I asked how do I avoid this problem in the future and got told "Bella (Staff): we advise you choose free shipping method or don't place many bottle in one order."

Not really a great answer but at least I have my money back (hopefully)

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and replies.

AVF Regular
    Just on a side note. Fasttech will have a 10% off coupon for Easter.

Easter Treat - 10% Off Site Wide - Code: EGGBASKET

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast