Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Current replaceable coil tank options? (Not Sub-Ohm)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Unhappy Current replaceable coil tank options? (Not Sub-Ohm)

I'm looking to buy a new tank which uses replaceable coils that aren't sub-ohm tanks.

List of what I have at the moment to help with recommendations:

Beyond Vape Silo
    Aspire Triton Mini
    Kabuki 510
    Provari 2.5 Mini
    Provari 3

I bought 50 x 1.8 Clapton coils which have lasted me a while but now I'm starting to run out and can't seem to find any stock.

I'm thinking of changing tanks altogether, what are the best options available at the moment?

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    Look at Nautilus 2, Kayfun 4 (or 5 with airflow adapter).

What is wrong with the tanks you have now?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    just a heads I think up both your tanks use atlantis style coils the silo definitely does. They are readily available in many brands and types
    just a few of the brands here

Aspire Atlantis coil-fits | Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Look at Nautilus 2, Kayfun 4 (or 5 with airflow adapter).

What is wrong with the tanks you have now?
    Thanks mate

The silos are close to 2 years old and leak a little every now and then.
    Nothing wrong with the other tanks, I'm just curious whether there are any newer/improved designs available now.

Which coils do the Kayfuns take? I thought they were rebuildables?

Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    just a heads I think up both your tanks use atlantis style coils the silo definitely does. They are readily available in many brands and types
    just a few of the brands here

Aspire Atlantis coil-fits | Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum
    Thanks for the link I believe the Silo Beast uses the Aspire Atlantis coils but not the tanks I have.

All my tanks use the nautilus/triton mini style coils.
    I may have to get an Atlantis coil compatible tank now, there seems to be quite a following.
    Last edited by k8R8k; 27-04-17 at 10:51 AM.
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    the Silo Beast uses atlantis styled coils but as the OP points out the Silo uses nautilus/triton 2 coils - other tanks that use the Nautilus/ Triton coils that I use include

The Vika Fantasy and they have a new Vika Lite which looks interesting.or the Fasttech Vika Style of this -(which is excellent)
    The original Nautilus and the new Nautilus 2

I am surprised you are having problems re stocking the coils as they are the coils for the newly released Nautilus 2 but Fasttech has the coils https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-2-clearomizer - and if you search this forum CrissCross has a description of how she rebuilds these coils.. so I have not bought coils in a long time since learning how to re make them

The reason that Aspire released a new tank that still uses these coils is, in my opinion, that these are still good coils if you use https://vapeassist.com/ and search for Nautilus 2 - supplies of coils here in Aus are listed

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    the Silo Beast uses atlantis styled coils but as the OP points out the Silo uses nautilus/triton 2 coils - other tanks that use the Nautilus/ Triton coils that I use include

The Vika Fantasy and they have a new Vika Lite which looks interesting.or the Fasttech Vika Style of this -(which is excellent)
    The original Nautilus and the new Nautilus 2

I am surprised you are having problems re stocking the coils as they are the coils for the newly released Nautilus 2 but Fasttech has the coils https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-2-clearomizer - and if you search this forum CrissCross has a description of how she rebuilds these coils.. so I have not bought coils in a long time since learning how to re make them

The reason that Aspire released a new tank that still uses these coils is, in my opinion, that these are still good coils if you use https://vapeassist.com/ and search for Nautilus 2 - supplies of coils here in Aus are listed
    Thanks, I've been using the Triton Mini 1.8 clapton coils and really enjoyed them but they seem to be out of stock at my usual vendors.

I will check out those links.

AVF Regular
    Yes I liked those too but the 1.8 was always tricky to find...

miracle of miracles.. found the link - for rebuilding.. MTL Tank for Target Mini.. just in case anyone using these coils is interested

EDIT: have to say that after rebuilding these coils.. I had a flash of inspiration ... if I can do this why not build 'proper' coils... so after repeatedly saying I do NOT build coils.. I started building coils... found the Digiflavor Siren... and vaping nirvana has been enjoyed ever since !
    Last edited by 1ynne; 27-04-17 at 11:10 AM.
    MrGruffy likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Yes I liked those too but the 1.8 was always tricky to find...

miracle of miracles.. found the link - for rebuilding.. MTL Tank for Target Mini.. just in case anyone using these coils is interested

EDIT: have to say that after rebuilding these coils.. I had a flash of inspiration ... if I can do this why not build 'proper' coils... so after repeatedly saying I do NOT build coils.. I started building coils... found the Digiflavor Siren... and vaping nirvana has been enjoyed ever since !
    Yeah if I'm going to rebuild coils I may as well buy a rebuildable tank haha...

but with rebuildables what happens if you're out and the coil burns out? I assume you'd have to rebuild it or have a spare prebuilt deck in the car?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by k8R8k View Post
    Yeah if I'm going to rebuild coils I may as well buy a rebuildable tank haha...

but with rebuildables what happens if you're out and the coil burns out? I assume you'd have to rebuild it or have a spare prebuilt deck in the car?
    It means you didn't build it right. My coils last for many months - they just need a new wick every week or two.
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It means you didn't build it right. My coils last for many months - they just need a new wick every week or two.
    I mean if you were out on the town and the wick started tasting burnt, is it easy to change the wick when you're not at home?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast