Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Provari tank ring question

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast

Provari tank ring question

Hey ,
    I recently got a ring in for my provari 2.5 so it all looks nice and straight with my vika tank however when i put it on the unit wont fire

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Hey ,
    I recently got a ring in for my provari 2.5 so it all looks nice and straight with my vika tank however when i put it on the unit wont fire

I had the same problem with the Vika using a tank ring on my Minis but it does work on my 2.5 - the contact pin is a tiny bit shorter than other atties and that small bit of lost contact area means they wont fire - Only solution would be to file a tiny bit off the tank ring, which I think we discussed. I tried pushing the pin down but that didn't work for me. Perhaps some has a better solution?
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    I had the same problem with the Vika using a tank ring on my Minis but it does work on my 2.5 - the contact pin is a tiny bit shorter than other atties and that small bit of lost contact area means they wont fire - Only solution would be to file a tiny bit off the tank ring, which I think we discussed. I tried pushing the pin down but that didn't work for me. Perhaps some has a better solution?
    I tell people to push the pin out from the inside of the empty base, put their tank base without a coil on the mini without the battery in it.

Then put the coil in a base, and load up the tank, then put the battery in. It should fire.

You should not have to grind the ring
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I tell people to push the pin out from the inside of the empty base, put their tank base without a coil on the mini without the battery in it.

Then put the coil in a base, and load up the tank, then put the battery in. It should fire.

Going to try that now, I did push the pin from the inside but didn't try the coil trick

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post

Just tried it XX - didn't work - Jake has the authentic Vika lite like mine if that makes any diff ?

AVF Regular
    Going to try that now, I did push the pin from the inside but didn't try the coil trick
    This harks back to the old days of setting cartos/tanks in mods with fixed 510 connectors
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    And this is why I am a big fan of adjustable 510 pins on both mods and atomisers.

You can also try ( WTH THE MOD OFF OR NO BATTERY INSIDE) using fine needle nose pliers to give the floating 510 in the provari a little upwards upness .. it might only need a fraction of a mm ?

Don't get all Incredible Hulk on it or you will root the mod !
    Last edited by Fatman; 27-04-17 at 09:27 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    And this is why I am a big fan of adjustable 510 pins on both mods and atomisers.

You can also try ( WTH THE MOD OFF OR NO BATTERY INSIDE) using fine needle nose pliers to give the floating 510 in the provari a little upwards upness .. it might only need a fraction of a mm ?

Its a really small distance that it needs to go you might be on the money

Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

Eek, nope not game to try that one on my babies!
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Eek, nope not game to try that one on my babies!
    It should be no problem if you have the right tools

Fatman, DogMan, AllyP and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast