Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: An update from a newbie! *warning essay*

An update from a newbie! *warning essay*

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to share with you all my journey that has been vaping so far...

I received my Joye 510 starter kit over a week ago now, and what I thought was going to be a little exercise on trying to reduce, not completly quit, my analogue cigarettes has now pretty much turned into a 'lets try and kick the last 3 smokes' mission.

It seems that for me personally, the hardest to quit of the analogues, is my morning smoke and after-a-big-meal smoke. I had been vaping on the HealthCabin Vanilla 18mg mixed with some tobacco 24mg. Now for me, this is a major achievment on a personal level, as I have always been an 'emotional' smoker meaning that if I was stressed, bored, upset I would jump for a smoke. Infact I swear the only reason I have been able to get through most days is the horrible smelling, bad for my health ciggy!

I am proud to say that I have reduced my intake from 25-35 high strenght analogues a day down to 2-3. So for any of you that are reading this that are not quite sure whether vaping is going to be 'right' for you all I can say is that even by buying a starter kit (pretty cheap in comparison to what you pay for a pack/carton of analogues) you may find that you can perhaps kick a habit that you never in your wildest dreams thought you could do!

My partner, who started along side me (and financed the start-up) too has basically given up altogether! Having perhaps 1 a day, down from 25ish. And that 1 ciggy is pretty much when both of our batteries have died.

My Mother in law also a heavy duty smoker is going to give this a whirl, as she feels that this is going to be excellent for her health as a post-op alternative to smoking. Here is hoping that we can get her to quit the cigs too!

We are now awaiting a second starter kit, a PCC and some high strenght nic juice to mix with my recent order from JuiceWhore (which smell so delicous, I want to eat it!). My new Boge LR cartomizers are amazing and I feel are giving me the extra 'throat hit' I require to completly quit!

I am sorry for the essay, but I would just like to share my success with those of you who have been very supportive here of my stupid and naive questions, and for anybody starting or thinking of starting, it is worth the willpower of trying!
    wood duck and zainwolf like this.

For teh morning smoke get something that is not sweet or dessert-like. Get a really strong flavoured tobacco juice.. maybe get it from a Chinese supplier so it is a really in your face flavour. Make sure the nicotine level is higher than you usually vape (when you get used to vaping.. like 3 months in, it won't matter).. so maybe ramp it up to 24mg in the morning rather than a mix of 18 and 24 together. And vape that.. when you hit the 1 month mark, start feeding your morning cigarette habit with non-tobacco flavours.. but when you're first starting out you might want to stick to tobacco flavours in the morning.. once you're over the morning hump, return to the normal juice you like at the strength you normally vape.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

CCC
    That is great progress Number23, well done.

In just a week!! That's incredible progress. Congratulations Number 23

Thanks guys... Light, I am awaiting a high nic juice from HC it is apparently in Melbourne still (GRRR I HATE CUSTOMS!) Which I ordered by EMS almost a week ago. So hopefully that in combaniation with the cartomizers, I think I may have the best opportunity to ditch the analogues altogether! will definatly try your tips for my morning moko! I am desperatly wanting to get rid of them altogether now so that I can get one of the awesome banners lol! Already though I can tell you that I have saved around $70 in just a week, as I was buying cartons of smokes at 76-85 per carton that would last 4ish days. So even with the outlay of hardware and juices I am almost breaking even already!
    Flea, margyb and CCC like this.

never aplogise for essays, we all like to read or wouldn't hang out on a forum. I enjoy reading every word of posts like that.

good stuff and welcome, always room for new vapers here.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

If you want to "reward" yourself with an analogue in the morning for not smoking the other 24-34 smokes still job done in my books. Congratulations.

my 2c ..

I think it should be considered 'fail' instead of 'reward' personally. Not saying it has no purpose and may be needed, but thinking of any ciggie as a reward is the wrong way to go about giving them up psychologically.
    better off being pissed off about having it than looking forward to it in my books.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

It definitely took me a bit to forget about those last few analogue smokes I was still having last October, but they just started tasting worse and worse next to vaping!

Definitely don't feel bad about about the odd straggler smoke when you've already done awesome by not smoking most all the others you previously would have.

Goz
    Well Done Number 23, great to hear of your success so far.

That morning cigarette is the hardest to kick, and I would suggest getting a higher nic morning vape as has already been suggested.
    Stoney put me onto oakwood flavour back when I started (thanks Stoney) and I still like that mix (24mg) as my morning vape (or when I need that nic hit).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast