Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick Update ! :)

Quick Update ! :)

Hey all !
    after researching like crazy finally took the plunge and ordered my first ego - t starter kit as well as the Volt e-cig.
    Thanks heaps to you all on this forum for your recommendations especially CCC !
    I'll report back once i recieve my goodies
    CCC likes this.

AVF Regular
    goodluck.......
    Sophiie likes this.

Cool cool.. I always see people say "after a lot of research I've settle on...." and they say something like "ego-t" and I think to myself.. what about all the people who say that cartomisers are better? Yes.. and ego-T is a good starting "kit" and there's nothing wrong with them.. but if it was my first time and I'd had all this help deciding.. I think I would have gone with something like the eGo battery (2 of them) and 5 Boge 2.0 cartos, 5 dual-coil carto's, and a couple of stardusts rather than an ego-t kit by itself..

..again, not saying it's a bad choice you've made.. it just makes me wonder why people don't pick up some cartomisers at the same time as they order the eGo kits?
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    I wish I had found AVF BEFORE I started vaping, then I probably wouldn't have gone the 510-T road, then the eGo-T kit - then the LT, coulda saved a bucket load of cash instead of wasting money on a kit that doesn't get used anymore (510-T),but then I suppose that it doesn't really make that much difference as the 510 was cheap, less than a weeks supply of analogues, there are so many choices out there, I think the eGo is a great starting point and I still have a 1000mah p/through(mainly in the car) and a 650mah that I use regularly for out and about, I also have the LavaTube that I use at home and (if I couldn't be stuffed what people see and think, which is most of the time)out and about,now I've got the "LR Stardust's" on the LT with an adapter running at about 3.7-4.0v, but there are so many mods and different combo's of equipment out there it is kinda hard to choose the best set up.........I would like to try a Bottomfeeder and a 5v and a Provari and a JiB and a ......well you get the idea

Sent via tin can and string phone strumming to Pink Floyd's "Delicate Sounds of Thunder" album
    ckane likes this.

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

whoops i should of also mentioned what else i ordered on top of the ego-t kit,
    was in a bit of a rush to tell everyone i finally got around to ordering something this morning lol
    on top of the ego-t kit i also orderd a pack of boge 2.0 cartos, 4 stardusts, an extra battery and some e-juice
    forgot to purchase some dual coil cartos but thanks for reminding me! i'll be sure to purchase them on my next order
    CCC likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    ..again, not saying it's a bad choice you've made.. it just makes me wonder why people don't pick up some cartomisers at the same time as they order the eGo kits?
    Light >, why would I buy cartomisers to throw away after only filling them a few times?
    I've been vapeing eGo-T (B) setups since July last year as my main PVs, I have at least two in my pants pockets at all times.
    I also own a Lava Tube & one of Billy's Shotguns which are rarely used.
    Now I can use VV eGo batteries, I don't even need LR atties.

Since last July I have lost one eGo-T (B) attie, it lasted 16 weeks before it died.
    All the other original atties are still going strong after eight months.
    Each fortnight each attie used over that time gets a bi-carb & vinegar bath, then a dry burn until they are as good as new.
    I'm not sure your cartomisers will last that long & still give a great vape?

Why not let the Newbies start with a recognised starter kit while they get their feet wet?

My original eGo mega type B atty is still going since last October despite having sat for months untouched. I'll keep it for desperate measures but after the other attys I've been using it is very disappointing. I sure didn't think it was when I first started! I hated those horrid little cartridges. eGo-T was definitely an improvement over them but the one LR type B I tried didn't last me anywhere so long. The several Joyetech attys I've tried led me to believe that it's really down to luck of the draw with them.

As much as I love my "pro" attys, I like a lot variety so actually use both a DCT and a Stardust regularly, in addition to the i06s and 901s.

If you're keen to try a dual coil carto, definitely get an inexpensive smoktech DCT they perform so much better in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Light >, why would I buy cartomisers to throw away after only filling them a few times?
    I've been vapeing eGo-T (B) setups since July last year as my main PVs, I have at least two in my pants pockets at all times.
    I also own a Lava Tube & one of Billy's Shotguns which are rarely used.
    Now I can use VV eGo batteries, I don't even need LR atties.

Since last July I have lost one eGo-T (B) attie, it lasted 16 weeks before it died.
    All the other original atties are still going strong after eight months.
    Each fortnight each attie used over that time gets a bi-carb & vinegar bath, then a dry burn until they are as good as new.
    I'm not sure your cartomisers will last that long & still give a great vape?

Why not let the Newbies start with a recognised starter kit while they get their feet wet?
    The point is, cartomisers are just as proven and recognised. I personally find ego-t's to be extremely weak flavoured and never had a lot of luck with them but always had perfect vaping from a $1.50 cartomiser. This isn't a contest to see who's equipment will last longer than someone else's, this is a place where people can share their experiences with others in order to help them.

I'm happy for you that you've found the right thing, honestly I am.. but a newbie shouldn't limit themselves to what a handful or even the majority of people think is the best. When it only costs a few extra dollars to experience all the different variety out there, I fail to see how my recommendation to do so is bad advice as the tone of your post suggests.

Despite the fact that I might only get 2 to 4 weeks, often much less, out of a cartomiser, I am getting a consistent and satisfying vape every time I pick up my PV. I never got that with the ego-t. I did have Joye 510 atties last me months at a time but I got sick of direct dripping and always, even from the beginning before cartomisers existed, wanted to find a way to have something I could fill in the morning and vape the rest of the day with. I tried all the ego-t style tanks as they came out, tried tanks (as we think of them now) and some of them, like the Liquinator for example, hit the spot.. for a while at least and then I found myself again and again returning to the simplicity and consistency of the cartomiser.

This is why I recommend that when someone buys the ego-T kit, which is a great kit as I mentioned in my original post, that they should also buy some cartomisers to try as well.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by PHUCKDUP2 View Post
    Sent via tin can and string phone strumming to Pink Floyd's "Delicate Sounds of Thunder" album
    Post-Waters Floyd: Fail

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

CCC
    I think Sophiie has got a great assortment of stuff to try. She will have alternatives if there is a problem with any of the gear she got and she will have fun experimenting with the different kinds of equipment. The best part of it is she will stop smoking cigarettes, so thats the win right there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast