Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help...this is driving me crazy and makes me not want to vape!

Help...this is driving me crazy and makes me not want to vape!

Ok well about a year ago I tried vaping but ended up not sticking with it due to this strange taste it left in my mouth. This was totally nic free at the time. Now I've started again and decided to upgrade from my 510-t to an Ego-T. I was happy at first because I had so much more taste. Now that I have been vaping for about 3 weeks again and really wasn't a heavy smoker every day before, I'm having issues. I would consider myself a light analog smoker mostly only smoking a few in the evening and more on the weekends with my husband when he is home all day.

I'm not sure if I'm having some sort of allergic reaction or what is going on. My tongue has the feeling of being coated with wax or grease. The feeling like I've just had a big plate of fried food dripping in grease. After your done you have that sort of greasy feeling on your tongue for a while except mine is not going away! When I first started vaping again it wasn't so bad but now that I've been going with no analogs and just vaping I'm having this reaction. I know I've read that taste buds can be off and PG can dry you out. I seriously don't feel as much as it's cotton mouth as if there is just this coating on my tongue and along with that the end of my tongue feels tingly and actually I have a feeling as if my tongue is swollen a tiny bit to the point where I feel like I'm even pronouncing a few words funny. I'm a bit worried now!

The only nic free juices I have ever used are Del's juices from Juicewhore so I can't compare them to any other nic free juice. I have tried tons of her flavors and I change it up all the time. The ratio I have got from her in the past is PG/VG 80/20. I have googled the hell out of this and all I can come up with is a possible reaction i'm having to artificial sweetener of some kind. I have no idea what Del uses in her juice so I can't be sure if it's that or the PG or the VG. I'm not even sitting here vaping like crazy either. For example today I took a couple puffs 2 times and hours later I'm sitting here with the end of my tongue feeling numb and I have a greasy/wax type coating on it. I have brushed my teeth today after vaping and even scraped my tongue. I was actually craving something sweet today so my husband brought home a cake and some cupcakes after work and I seriously can't even taste my cupcake...... Now that is Disastrous in itself..LOL.

Ok but now back to seriousness....Has anyone had this happen to them. I want to vape and not smoke so bad but this problem is gonna be the end of my vaping unless I can come up with a solution to it and figure out what is going on. I forgot to mention I did order some Health Cabin Juices too but I can't try them alone because they are a bit strong on the nic as I am a very low nic analog user anyway and so I have to mix it with another flavor if I want to vape some nic. I was vaping more Nic Free than Nic anyway when this first started but recently since I feel I can barely vape because of this yuck thing going on, I just mix some zero flavor nic, Del's Menthol and Del's Jackaroo with a bit of koolada for a smoke type vape outside (for that old feeling) before I go to bed.

Sorry for the long post but this is seriously driving me insane and I'm hoping that someone out there has some idea of what may be going on. Oh..one more thing...I have a drink beside me 24 hours a day so It can't be lack of liquids. Soda, Tea, Water or something else is always in my hand by habit.

Also as mentioned above I'm using and EGO-T type A-atty system.

Thanks People...Hope you all have some ideas.

I had a simular experience. I just kept vaping and waited to see what would happen. I think my body was in shock from not smoking so it was kicking up a stink. After a week I cracked the shits and grabbed a coffin nail off one of my mates and the sensation stoped. I hated the taste of the smoke as it tasted like burning pine bark to me. I changed my juice from the crappy chinese crap I was using to madvapes juice wich is organic. after a week or twoI hadn't had a problem since. Now I make my own juices and use vg from the hippi nature shops and import flavours and nico from yank land. hope this is helpful? If your using cartridges with an atomiser then I'd stop doing that as it is shit, tastes foul and it is probably burning the filler making you feel waxy mouthed also.
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

AVF Regular
    Have you tried vaping straight 100% PG juice?

It is more than likely to be the VG causing this reaction.

I would suggest trying a straight PG juice first and see if there is any difference. Process of elimination.

JuiceWhore only uses certified food grade products in the juices and does not use any artifical sweetener.

Order a small bottle of your favourite juice in 100% PG and see how you go with that.

However if you are using an eGo T 100% PG may be a little leaky. I'd be inclined to try a cartomizer with 100% PG, pick up a 3ml Smoktech Carto Tank and give it a go with the 100% PG. They will fit on the eGo T battery and are not that expensive if you find that cartos and tanks aren't for you.
    Last edited by CupCake; 20-03-12 at 10:00 PM.

I had this experience in my early vaping days, I can't for the life of me remember what the cause was.
    I think it was VG related but I now use 20% VG with no issues.
    I was more posting to say 'I had that' than coming up with a solution sorry, as I really do not know what it was.
    I think I got some new attys, changed juice mix to much lower VG, then .. never thought about it again.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CCC
    It definatly sounds like an allergic reaction to something in the juice. It seems like more people are having reactions from VG, but that usually includes wheezing or a tight chest, where the symptoms you are describing are more in your mouth, so really it could be the PG. As suggested you probably should get yourself a small bottle of 100%PG juice and another 100%VG, then try them both so hopefully you can find one that wont make your mouth go like that.
    light487 likes this.

Even if you just get a bottle of PG, no nic and a bottle of VG, no nic and just vape them each for an hour and see what the results are..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'll have to try getting a bottle of each and seeing what happens. I actually smoked 2 analogs last night and funny, my tongue is so screwed I could barely taste those either. Not going to vape at all today and hope my taste comes back. The tingly feeling on the end of my tongue feels like it's starting to go away at the moment. Yesterday I was literally talking with a lisp so I think my tongue was swollen a bit or something. Just when I was doing so good......Blahhh!

My husband mentioned that maybe I'm getting tiny bits of juice in my mouth from the tanks but I don't really feel that is happening. I mean it has a couple of times but not to the extent the juice lingers in my mouth I wouldn't think. I'm thinking of trying dripping also. Maybe then the liquids will never touch my mouth other than what I'm actually inhaling. Sucks...I just ordered 2 more bottles of juice from Del. This time I ordered 70/30 cause I thought the PG may be doing it. I guess my husband will get some yummy pecan pie and vanilla cupcake..LOL. I'll have to order some small ones I guess. Just wish there was a manual somewhere saying..if you get this symptom, it's this...then we don't end up throwing away so much money and boy have I spent a ton of money with Del in the last month

I've gotten lots of nic juice in my mouth over the years and never had a bad reaction like that occur. It's more likely something along the lines of allergy to PG or VG.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Ok I think I may have figured out part of the problem. We had some zero flavored Nic Juice that had been sitting around in our cupboard since the first time we tried vaping and didn't succeed. Not sure how old it was though because it was given to us and I'm thinking maybe the shelf life was up on it. I think that was Dec 2010 or early 2011 when we got it. I had not vaped about a day in half and then mixed up a new liquid with the zero nic and BOOM tingling tongue again so it scared me enough to pour out everything I had added it to. I didn't even think about shelf life until then.

So forward to today. We got some DCT Cartomizers in with some Ry4 18mg from health cabin. I mixed it 50/50 with Dels Vanilla Icecream tripler (my husband is in love) and though I can still feel that dry feeling, I'm not feeling as much of a coating on my tongue as I was before and no strangeness on my tongue. I definitely have the dryness in my mouth though. The Ry4 is PG 80/20 and Juicewhore is 70/30. We like it so much we are ordering more DCT Cartomizers and I'm gonna put in another order from Del but I think I will go 80/20 this time and cut down more of the VG just in case the VG is going to leave that greasy taste in my mouth. I mixed some strawberry 80/20 and the Ry4 80/20 PG in my Ego-T using the type A Ego-T atomizers and I don't think I"m getting the same enjoyment from it as I am with the cart. Wish I had an extra tank cart around already to try the strawberry and Ry4 to get the "real" flavor I should be tasting. I don't like mild flavors so I like the flavored juices strong with exception of the tobacco type flavors.

In case result is....I can't see myself ever using an ego-T atomizer again unless I end up without any DCT Cartomizers on hand. Still don't like the dryness in my mouth but I can handle that at least and hopefully I'll get used to it. Still playing with PG/VG though. We have seriously spent a fortune in the past month or so and I have to be careful now so we don't have to take out a loan due to vaping..haha.

i realize this is a little off topic but as a bit of a noob myself i can recommend the ce4/stardust tankomisers/cartomisers they are the most fuss free pleasant vape i have had so far. They don't hold as much as some other tanks but plenty for me thus far and i haven't had a single burnt or acrid taste since i started using them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast