Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: I've lurked long enough...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I've lurked long enough...

Hey folks.

After a month or so of lurking, I thought it high time to introduce myself.

18 years on the durries, numerous attempts to quit... I'd heard about and seen people use vaping as NRT, but I was highly skeptical since every other form of NRT I'd tried didn't do shit. Patches gave me rashes (might as well have rolled them up and smoked them), gum and sprays tasted awful, and I was pretty frightened about giving Champix a go due to feedback from others. I'd gone OK with quitting in the past, but I have to avoid beer like plague. Every relapse was due to drinking, and it wouldn't take much... half a pint and I'd be on the bot.

A friend's Mrs was the last person to give me positive feedback about vaping as NRT, and on the back of her success I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. I bought an Aspire K2 kit and a few bottles of juice, and didn't touch another cigarette from that night onwards. Unfortunately, I dropped it after three weeks and cracked the tank, so I ran out and spent my cigarette savings on a Smok AL85 kit, and started to sub-ohm my nuts off. Absolutely loving it, and still cigarette-free :-)

So... 9 weeks into vaping, there's still a pack of smokes sitting in the pantry with about 8 left in it, just as a test to see how I'm going. I don't even think about them... just bump into them every now and then while I'm looking for thyme or something while I'm cooking. I toss them aside and get on with things. I'm now DIYing my juice, and soon to get into RDAs with the help of a vaper friend.

If you read this, cheers!
    Noe, gert, gtadmin and 17 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Welcome to AVF Letho !
    Amazing how it just works hey ... good on ya for a)steppin up and b) stepping out ( of the shadows)
    gurishka and lethologica like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Huge congrats on the switch. I love reading peoples stories and I can imagine the look on their face when they realise

"It works"
    Fatman, MrGruffy, gurishka and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Congrats for giving up smoking Lethologica. Yes vaping actually makes easy to giveup, and once adjusted to it you can't even imagine yourself smoking again. Best off all, it's actually better than smoking and you can really enjoy a beer and vape. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Huge congrats on the switch. I love reading peoples stories and I can imagine the look on their face when they realise

"It works"
    (looks)

Yep, I can imagine a few expressions on that face

Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Well done! I have just joined after lurking for a few weeks too, the people on this forum are awesome and seem far more caring and lovely than most I meet face to face!
    gurishka, ybnice, Cat and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey mate and welcome to the forums! Hope your journey continues to be positive. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by gurishka; 07-05-17 at 07:53 PM.
    e_tech and lethologica like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post

Yep, I can imagine a few expressions on that face

That's my kitteh <3 He's a dapper lad.

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. Part of the reason I came out of the shadows was that I noticed how damn supportive everyone seems to be.

AVF Regular
    Welcome Letho,

It's amazing isn't it.... 20 years of smoking and trying everything to quit and then few days with a e-cig and whoa it just clicks !
    fabricator4, 1ynne and BryR like this.

AVF Regular
    and.. the cats really like your 'new' breath.... well mine does ... congrats on making the change and welcome lethologica
    fabricator4 likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF Leth, your story about breaking your tank & going out to buy a new one highlights why we always recommend someone has a back up device
    fabricator4 and Deadonarrival like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast