Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New to Vaping. Mixing Nicotine

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

New to Vaping. Mixing Nicotine

G'day Guys,

New to the whole vaping adventure. Lurked on these forums for abit.

Aim is to quit the durries as it's getting costly. I "was" smoking 30 cigs a day roughly, more on the weekend when drinking, as ya do.

Went out on the weekend and impulse bought a Predator 228 with Crown 2 clearomizer. Currently wearing a patch and trying to stop the urges by using the vap which is working ok atm but want to switch to making my own Nic juice.

I've tried reading up on mixing 0mg juices with 100mg / ml nicotine, which should arrive in the next couple of days and didn't really get a clear idea.

I've bought gloves and what not, setting up an area to start mixing. Now to the question...

All the calcs say to add VG / PG which I didn't order. I realise if I add just nicotine to 0mg juice I'll dilute the taste. I'm alright with this atm. So...

If I want to make a 30ml bottle of, let's say 3mg/ml juice, can I just add 0.9ml of 100mg/ml Nic to 29.1ml of 0mg/ml ?

(30ml/100ml)x3mg=Nic in mls to add to juice???

Cheers All.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Welcome to AVF

My suggestion is you check out Steam Engine calculator it will assist you with mixing your own juice.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFridgy_AU View Post
    G'day Guys,

New to the whole vaping adventure. Lurked on these forums for abit.

Aim is to quit the durries as it's getting costly. I "was" smoking 30 cigs a day roughly, more on the weekend when drinking, as ya do.

Went out on the weekend and impulse bought a Predator 228 with Crown 2 clearomizer. Currently wearing a patch and trying to stop the urges by using the vap which is working ok atm but want to switch to making my own Nic juice.

I've tried reading up on mixing 0mg juices with 100mg / ml nicotine, which should arrive in the next couple of days and didn't really get a clear idea.

I've bought gloves and what not, setting up an area to start mixing. Now to the question...

All the calcs say to add VG / PG which I didn't order. I realise if I add just nicotine to 0mg juice I'll dilute the taste. I'm alright with this atm. So...

If I want to make a 30ml bottle of, let's say 3mg/ml juice, can I just add 0.9ml of 100mg/ml Nic to 29.1ml of 0mg/ml ?

(30ml/100ml)x3mg=Nic in mls to add to juice???

Cheers All.

That's exactly right, though I would have written it as 30x3/100. That is 30ml and 3mg/ml to give the total nicotine, divided by 100mg/ml to give the amount of nic base in mls.

There's another way to do that works better if you are dealing with a set volume of RTV zero nic liquid, and it also works if you need to raise the nic content of a liquid that already has some too.

GT gave us this formula:

V x (n2 - n1)
    -------------
    B - n2

Where V = volume of the RTV (30 ml if that's what your RTV is)
    n1 = current nicotine level (0mg/ml if zero nic RTV)
    n2 = Target nicotine level (3 mg/ml as stated)
    B = concentration of the base nicotine (100mg/ml in your case)

This give the amount of nicotine base to add to your RTV.

If you want to dose all of your 30ml RTV for example, the answer would be to add 0.93ml of nic base. This level of dilution is not likely to affect the concentration of the flavour much at all.

Note the 0.93 ml is rounded to the nearest 0.01 ml. The real answer is 0.9278350515 ml but of course it's impossible to be precise with volumes of this size. Getting accuracy to 0.01 ml is possible if you use sensitive scales, and you'd be able to get pretty close with a 1ml syringe as well.
    stylemessiah and OzFridgy_AU like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Jesus, i love you man, but even i want to steal your lunch money after that post

Formulas now?
    mallee00 and PATDACAT like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Jesus, i love you man, but even i want to steal your lunch money after that post

Formulas now?
    Absolutely.

I bought you lunch last time. Has my protection money run out already?
    stylemessiah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Thanks a lot mate.

Just wanted to make sure I had it down pat. Had a look at calcs and I understand adding VG / PG to flavour mixes and requiring extra Base to get the desired mix (well I think I do ) ,but just the nicotine had no clear cut answer.

I do now. Thank you.

Cheers all.

bettavape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    My rule of thumb is usually 1ml 100mg/ml per 30ml gets me around 3mg/ml.
    OzFridgy_AU likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    My rule of thumb is usually 1ml 100mg/ml per 30ml gets me around 3mg/ml.
    Sorry, just to clarify, that's when I'm adding nic to RTV liquid. When I mix my own I measure accurately.
    OzFridgy_AU likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Just an update. Received my nicotine yesterday arvo and measured the remaining juice in the RTV 0mg juice. Mixed in roughly 3mg/ml, wasn't too worried about precision...

So Day 1 of only Vaping is going ok. There's just enough nicotine for me to feel it on my throat slightly. I'll see how it all goes.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFridgy_AU View Post
    Just an update. Received my nicotine yesterday arvo and measured the remaining juice in the RTV 0mg juice. Mixed in roughly 3mg/ml, wasn't too worried about precision...

So Day 1 of only Vaping is going ok. There's just enough nicotine for me to feel it on my throat slightly. I'll see how it all goes.
    You can always go a little higher if you feel you need to. 3mg/ml is only what a long time vaper might use on a very cloudy direct lung setup.
    stylemessiah and OzFridgy_AU like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast