Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Max watt i can use coils at

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Max watt i can use coils at

I have a k box mini with the subtank mini
    I have 0.5 coils which have 15-30 watt printed on them,is this the max i can use these coils at?
    What would happen if i put it up to 50w?
    Im also in process of buying a dual 18650 200w mod
    Im a bit confused why they go up to 200w but i need a dual battery one to last me all day doing long shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by orkneyguy28 View Post
    I have 0.5 coils which have 15-30 watt printed on them,is this the max i can use these coils at?
    Im a bit confused why they go up to 200w but i need a dual battery one to last me all day doing long shifts

lets see

30 watts

want to put it at 50? well have fun with burnt cotton

they go to 200 because nutters like me run dual coil and some even more my mod sits at 100 with a dual alien clapton on a Gaia rdta hitting .25 ohms
    orkneyguy28 likes this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Different devices run best at different temperature. Different vapers draw different amounts of air across the coils which will have different cooling effects. For me, the upper recommendations on most coils are way to hot - I don't use them like that.

It's about the absolute heat of the coil. If it gets too hot it will burn the liquid and the cotton - something you seriously want to avoid. Whatever works for you is the best temperature, don't worry about recommendations or feel the need to run more power.

A mod with more batteries will last longer only if you still use it at 15 watts. If you used it 200 watts the batteries aren't going to last long at all.
    stylemessiah and orkneyguy28 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Cat likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    It's just a recommended power setting, can push it further but may have a higher chance of burning. Adjust to taste by a watt or 2 until you find a sweet spot.

It can be very comfortable vaping at 200w as long as you have the right airflow and build (I've done this quite a few times and flavours fantastic but super warm)but is it necessary defiently not. Part of it is marketing and knowing you most likely won't need that much power but hey it's there if the occasion calls for it. What's more reasonable is 110-130w. Some of these giant coils are quite dence and 40-60w just won't cut it so you need more juice for a reasonable ramp up time and performance. Different people like different styles and inturn have different needs of power output.some like a cool vape, some like warm and others like myself like an extremely hot vape and to get a hot vape you need more power.

Hope that helps

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    orkneyguy28 likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I know the very basics of vaping hence why i come on here but would love to know more
    I also have a U well Rafele which has 0.5,50-70watts
    All i have ever had is my mod/tank and pre made coils
    I would love to buy a RDTA but not got much idea where to start to be honest
    Can anybody suggest a starter one for me?
    Im guessing you can buy the coils ready to install?
    Im not really up for building my own yet
    I want something that i can punch out clouds with

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Different devices run best at different temperature. Different vapers draw different amounts of air across the coils which will have different cooling effects. For me, the upper recommendations on most coils are way to hot - I don't use them like that.

It's about the absolute heat of the coil. If it gets too hot it will burn the liquid and the cotton - something you seriously want to avoid. Whatever works for you is the best temperature, don't worry about recommendations or feel the need to run more power.

A mod with more batteries will last longer only if you still use it at 15 watts. If you used it 200 watts the batteries aren't going to last long at all.
    All that, but especially that last sentence

+ what new people need to understand is that probably none of us here have ever met anyone who's vaped at 200W. The highest ive seen (and vaped myself because it was a comp at Steamers) was about 110w, and it was fricking awful...way too hot, even Vince will back me up on that, he was going crosseyed as well....and he'd been around longer than me. This was at the infamous dry hit roulette comp.

+ very few tanks can handle 100w well, even fewer madness watts like 200, i know of exactly 2. Meanwhile theres a gazillionty sub 100w tanks, says soemthign about average vapers...

+ mostly because while it may say 200w (or now even insaner 350w mods are being advertised) on the box, in reality you can only get near these figures in a very narrow coil resistance range, subject to the mods own voltage limitations, and also subject to the safe dishcarge rate of a very good battery - in other words 200w etc is not something to aim for, theres no prizes for who can vape the highest watts. Ive had a DNA200 (200w capable mod) that never got past 27w (using temp control - my set temp set at 175c-185c that means 27w initially dropping to 13/14w to maintain the temp) in use for the way i vape, had a running joke i should sell off the other 173w...

+ the actual safe wattage for a 2 battery mod is 133/150W, depending on the safe continuous dishcarge rate (amperage) of the batteries you intend to use - 20Amp CDR is probably a good minimum, not 200w...just marketing. Good quality batteries definitely needed no matter how many watts you vape, but especially for higher wats/lower resistance coils

+ Case in point Ive just ordered a H-Priv - advertised as a 200w twin battery mod, i didnt buy it to use more than the 27w i use normally, i bought it for the extra battery time....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 16-05-17 at 04:19 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I know the very basics of vaping hence why i come on here but would love to know more
    I also have a U well Rafele which has 0.5,50-70watts
    All i have ever had is my mod/tank and pre made coils
    I would love to buy a RDTA but not got much idea where to start to be honest
    Can anybody suggest a starter one for me?
    Im guessing you can buy the coils ready to install?
    Im not really up for building my own yet
    I want something that i can punch out clouds with

wanna play be a smoke machine? open your airflow and DL trust me i can fog out my room easy oh and it needs to be a high vg juice

starter rdta? find something small i learned on my tfv4 micro i think the ammit will work
    Last edited by saph; 16-05-17 at 05:25 PM.
    orkneyguy28 likes this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    I've got a Limitless Plus RDTA and an Avocado 24 LE I'd consider parting with if you decide you want that genesis style of atty.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    This should be a sticky, especially for newbies

when in doubt, when it comes to battery safety, refer to/search for info from Mooch/Battery Mooch/John Muchow

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../mooch.256958/
    http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpr...-battery-mooch
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 16-05-17 at 04:33 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast