Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone experience Nic problems?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Anyone experience Nic problems?

Started vaping again after putting it away for a week. Had all sorts of issues - leaky tank, faulty batteries, throat burn. , etc, etc.

Started fresh - new tank, new coil, new juice. Awesome. Away I go. Burn throat hit again.
    I'm using the Aspire with a K3 tank, 1.8 coil, @ 13-14 W.
    So I rinse tank out, try one of my older juices. Same. Burns the back of my throat even worse. Can hardly taste the juice.
    Added 1.80ml of 100mg VG base nic. to 30ml bottle (doublers) to get a 6mg target. for the new juices that I just got.
    My other lot has 8mg. So decreasing mg but it's still burning.

Getting really disheartened with vaping. It's costing me a fair bit to build up my supplies and if I'm correct in thinking that it's the nic, then I have to throw the lot out.

I vaped on my daughters today and no problem there.She buys her nic from a different supplier in the US.

Has anyone else had nicotine issues ?

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Curious to know is your daughters device different to yours?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    That was going to be my exact same question.

If you can vape your daughters setup can you duplicate it and vape that until you get used to vaping.

The other thing is what does your daughter think of your setup
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    My question would be what brand nic did you get. Thier are some good bad and downright ugly nic suppliers out their. Next question would be is she getting her nic from nude nic. Have heard great things about it. I have a 15ml 100mg sample on the way for a whole 4$ aus no postage. Maybe u should try some of the smooth salted nic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Smokin' likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFloyd View Post
    Curious to know is your daughters device different to yours?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    yes it is. she has a SMOK alien . got it down to around 20w then 30w for a quick test and there isn't that awful throat burn. She's on 8mg.
    don't want to say publicly where I purchased my nic from. but feel free to PM me.

Crisscross, mine was fine up until 2 weeks back. then it started to burn. LOL. She doesn't like the aspire/nautilus nor the aspire/k3 setups. too weak, no flavour. except now, as she got that burning sensational also.

AVF Regular
    Yes what the others have said. What's different between your setup and your daughters? Until you mentioned that I was thinking you might be PG intolerant.

Get her to try yours and see if she has the same problem. If she has more experience she might be able to work out what it is.
    JakeFloyd likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I'll just say it....

"If" OP nicotine is from Mixology there's a large percentage that's what's causing the issue.

Some people (such as myself) are sensitive to it, irritated, burning throat, harsh taste, yuk yuk can't vape all day > (love the nic hit though)

If so I'd suggest trying Hiliq instead, if its not from Mixology...carry on...
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    I'll just say it....

"If" OP nicotine is from Mixology there's a large percentage that's what's causing the issue.

Some people (such as myself) are sensitive to it, irritated, burning throat, harsh taste, yuk yuk can't vape all day > (love the nic hit though)

If so I'd suggest trying Hiliq instead, if its not from Mixology...carry on...
    Pretty sure I mentioned it in your thread when you posted about it, but that sounds very much like nic that is too strong.

It wouldn't be the first time a vendor has fudged the strength when mixing. Don't forget it is a "cottage industry" or "cottage bathroom industry" after all.

Did you ever get it tested for strength?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Without knowing where your nic comes from... And knowing all went well in the beginning, burned coil sounds like a solution.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Pretty sure I mentioned it in your thread when you posted about it, but that sounds very much like nic that is too strong.

It wouldn't be the first time a vendor has fudged the strength when mixing. Don't forget it is a "cottage industry" or "cottage bathroom industry" after all.

Did you ever get it tested for strength?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Oh, I agree it could be a factor, especially on the backyard garage sales. The last batch of their nic I had was holding me well at 3mg despite me vaping 8mg from other stores.

i actually did run about a weeks worth of testing because I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I vaped 8mg for a day, way too harsh and irritant, made up 6mg, was better but still caused the issue. Finally I made up a batch at 3mg which was still providing a decent nic hit but no cigar. No matter how low I dropped the nicotine the throat irration wouldn't disspear. I asked the local groups what strengh they vape from Mixology and people ranged up to 12mg without any issue so wrote it off as a sensivity issue.

My only previous experience with Mixology was one year beforehand and remember it being similarly harsh. I was actually a little upset as we have an awesome discount price in our groups for Mixology, it had an organic taste I liked with my unflavoured juice and as mentioned if 3mg held me so well I was set up for life. Everything was awesome about it bare that throat irritation.
    Smokin' likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast