Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Am I allergic... or just getting sick :(

Am I allergic... or just getting sick :(

Hi Guys,

Well yesterday I woke up with this nasty cough and all sorts of crud in my throat, with a sort of tightness in my chest feeling.

I had just swapped over my flavour juice to JW Honeywood tobacco (20% VG) mixed with some HC tobacco to add the nic until my nic juice came (Arrived yesterday).

So is it...

a) I am getting a cold or something - no other symptoms though
    b) Having a reaction to the VG in the juice
    c) Too much flavour perhaps? it is a doubler and only mixing it down with a normal pre mixed juice?

I want this to go away cos it is making me not want to vape at the moment cos everytime I cough it hurts like mad! I may just go down to the chemist and get some cough mix and perservere!

D) Withdrawals from all the crap in cigarettes and/or getting used to vaping.
    CCC and timeout like this.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

CCC
    d) You are finally coughing up the years worth of crap cigarettes clogged your lungs with
    light487 and timeout like this.

CCC
    haha, snap Light !

I hope so! To be graphic it is a little black/brownish when it comes up!
    So just go get some cough liquid to ease the pain and keep on truckin :P
    CCC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    haha, snap Light !

Get outta my head.. it's a strange and scary place in there
    CCC likes this.

could be a cold, could be vg, could be flavour, could be atty/carto.

I get the heavy chest from vg, i get itchy throat from many ( the majority) of vendor juices. sneezing now every few minutes, FSUSA Maxboro.
    change atty, carto .. mix flavour down or just try the straight chinese juice and see if it all goes away. elimate it all, start with bugger all and stuff back to see what causes it.
    I think it is the tobacco flavour they all use that irritates me, pity as its my fave, so I will dilute and/or sneeze a lot.
    timeout likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

oh, fresh off the smokes. doh !

its that, prepare for clean lungs, a lot of people get a cold at this point too, i did, I think cigarette smoke kilos bugs and they will fet tonyou shortly.
    CCC likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    yes sounds like you are just fresh of the smokes most likely and its that not the vaping. For example my gums started bleeding for 2 weeks, around 2 to 3 weeks after stopping smoking. I thought it was the vaping but it was just circulation returning to my gums, and my gums coming back to life. Also it does take your body a while to adjust to vaping.

As Stoney says though I also have a sensitivity to VG that causes tight chest, and flu like symptoms if I vape too high a % of Vg, some are pg, some are flavours. 95% of people though are not sensitive to anything.

I heard once, and I have no idea how true this is or whether it's just an urban myth, that smokers are always technically sick with a cold but that the smoking holds that cold at bay... so it's like a dam full of water and the constant smoking is holding back the water. Then when you stop smoking, the dam bursts..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast