Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Nic strength recommendations?

AVF Regular

Nic strength recommendations?

Hi all,

Sooo turns out the MIL is back on the stinkies after quitting for 4 years. She said that if she smokes a lot in the evenings it causes her to have a rapid heart rate and a feeling of panic.

Took her to W&W today and got her one of the new T20s (tight tight draw MTL with 1.5ohm coils), but looking for suggestions on nic levels from people who may have had similar problems.

I can mix up a couple of different strengths for her of course.

AVF Regular
    I would think 18mg would be the place to start.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    It would depend on how much she vapes. I would do two mixes one of 18mg and one of 12mg then see how she goes. If she gets the heart symptoms with 18mg tell her switch to 12mg
    muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular
    Depends on what strength she was smoking and how many...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    muscovyduckling and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    For starters, i prolly dont have to tell you a rapid heart rate and ensuing panic is not ideal....

Not sure i can help with the strength suggestion as i only vape once an hour or so at 12mg subohming....im hardly typical

If its her first time vaping?, was she a heavy smoker?

Initially id probably vote for 16mg with a bottle of 12mg on hand for an alternate....4mg difference is actually more of a difference than most think, if i drop from my usual 12mg to 10mg, as ive attempted many times, i end up chain vaping, which i never do at 12mg
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 07-06-17 at 10:00 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I deal with a lot of people referred through green prescription (high risk medical evaluation eg heart disease, stroke) to the gym who want to quit smoking I always start them on 8mg if they need more I'll go a little higher. The key I've found to a lot of it is to not tell them its rather low nicotine. Then they don't fool themselves into thinking that they need higher. The ones who come back and say its not working I'll increase to 10mg maybe 12mg

AVF Regular
    Yep, first time vaper.

Before she quit last time she was a heavy smoker of 2-4mg cigs, lately she has been smoking 10-15 per day. She's not sure what the mg are this time around because they don't put it on the boxes anymore (she's not smoking the same brand as she used to, she is just buying the cheapest ones). I suspect they are 8mg though, and she's over-nic'ing herself on those when she chain smokes with her glass of wine in the evenings.

I'm just wary of her over-nic'ing herself because remember when we were all new vapers and were expecting the immediate Nic rush like we got from cigs, and it didn't happen with Vaping, so we'd vape some more and give ourselves the dizzies/hiccups when the Nic finally got into our systems? Hehe. Except for her it will be the panic/rapid HR thing which is less fun.
    stylemessiah and staceman101 like this.

Super Moderator
    I would be tempted to start at 8mg/ml, taking all the information into account ... and if that's not enough for her, then increase it to 12mg/ml.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    Yup, now that youve shared more, im with GT...

As you pointed out yourself, when we first start off we tend to overvape because the nic hit isnt immediate...i remember that, the world spun, quite a lot the first day
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I started with 24mg/ml but that was back when only vape pens Category 1 vapes were around and the best you could get was a VV VW was not heard of back then.
    With the onset of Sub ohming, I now vape around 6mg/ml when I feel the need for nic which now days is not that often, I am happy to say. Every persons nic needs are different when they get off the stinkies. So its truely hard to say what level of nic you should start vaping at.

If you sub ohming, and some do at 24mg, then your body will tell you when you have had enough.
    staceman101 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast