• 1 Post By Deadonarrival
  • 2 Post By rathalos
  • 2 Post By rockmoose

Thread: Need advice on my coil and juice purchase

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Need advice on my coil and juice purchase

Buying from VK

Quick backstory:
    Purchased VK deluxe starter kit, on its way (didn't order extra coils)
    Decided to use Easy Mix Nicotine from VE
    and are now purchasing coils and doublers from VK (a day later, yeah i'm not very organized )

Bear in mind i have not yet even vaped once.

The coils:
    Was thinking getting 6 (should i go 10?)
    The 2 that come pre-installed are BVC Coils but the unit can also use BDC replacements. Should i mix it up?
    They also are available in 1.6, 1.8 and 2.1-2.2 Ohm (couldn't find the Ohm info of the pre-installed ones, i know VK has a thread here so i can ask there..)
    This is where i really have no clue ( back of my mind says 1.2 Ohm, but the flood of reading i've done is all jumbled)
    Should i mix that up? pros cons?

I am a very heavy smoker, in the evenings especially when i have a drink. (if that info helps)

The juice:
    The ratio offered here in the 60,70,80,100 VG
    I was thinking a 50/50 but it's not offered, and if i do mix up the coil Ohm, am i right in thinking i need different ratios?

I understand alot of this will come down to personal preference and experimentation, what i am really aiming for is getting close to "right" with little wastage for my first attempt.

Happy friday all

AVF Regular
    You will probably get a couple of week's out of each coil. So while ordering extra coils is advised you could also wait and see if you find the coils ok once you get your kit and make judgement from there. If you do order them before hand grabbing a couple of each may be worth it before getting bulk of one type.

As for juice, the more VG you have the less throat hit you will get. I would start with a 60/40 mix if you cabt get 50/50 but if you are grabbing a couple of flavours maybe get one or two in a 70/30 mix to try as well.

As you said a lot comes down to personal preference, and the only way to find it is to waste a bit of cash but this still wont be as expensive as buying smokes in the long run!
    D1git, fabricator4 and rathalos like this.
    2/12/2016

AVF Regular
    Go 60/40 for a start and 1.2 atties in a 5 pack. /you'll be looking for bigger batteries and tanks very soon at a guess
    If you've been a heavy smoker dont be scared to go 20 to 30mg mixes on juice for that setup, you'll soon reach your balance.
    Ask as many questions as you want, you'll get answers for most
    rathalos likes this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Hi again DOA,

A couple of weeks from each? thats good news, i thought 1 week (+ less for burn mistakes), though maybe that's from multi voltage type setups..
    .. but yeah was thinking maybe a couple of each, i do tend todo most things in life in bulk (specially when on sale), shopping, cooking, consumable purchases etc.

It's just at the moment while im buying a bunch of doublers i think i should grab some backup coils in the same order rather than order in a week or so time to save some $ on shipping.
    I'm thinking of grabbing 10 ( or more doublers if i decide not to buy from elsewhere. Got the weekend to absorb info..). VK price seems rather decent.

"the more VG you have the less throat hit you will get"
    Thats good info, i think i will need the hit to begin with, especially in the morning, and during a smoko after a few hours of work.

Hi D1git,
    You and DOA both said 60/40 to start so i rekon maybe 60% of my order will be that ratio and the rest some stronger.

"and 1.2 atties in a 5 pack"
    so i was right in thinking 1.2 ohm?
    unfortunatley the lowest is 1.6 and sold in singles ($1.95 each)

"If you've been a heavy smoker"
    Still am at the moment, just waiting for it all to come together. I am going to go with the easy mix 24mg, which will give me 12mg worth in a doubler.
    To me 12mg is a blue color smoke 16mg is a red color, blues always felt most comfortable so i'll start off with that in a 250ml bottle (16 doublers) for my first foray.

Being the weekend i won't place a order until sunday night/monday-sometime.
    D1git likes this.

AVF Regular
    As D1git said, you may look into bigger batteries, tanks etc quite quickly. Think I was 2 months into my start when I purchased my smok v8 stick. I went through maybe 3 or 4 coils max in that time and one was to firing it with no juice in it while driving (didnt realize I had a low tank). I gave away my starter kit to a friend and he used it for a month or two before upgrading.

Id look at going like 3x 1.6 coils and 2x 1.8 or 1x 1.8 & 1x 2.1 just to see what they are like. Depending on luck they may last longer than 2 weeks. I have coils last around a month on what people say chew through coils and change them out weekly. I just choose not to vape on too big of a flavour juice until a coil is a couple of weeks old, but this works because I like all sorts of flavour profiles and not just one type.

The mg in cigs refers to the tar. I started on 12mg vape and I was a medium to heavy smoker. You may just vape more to get the fix if its a bit low on the mg side for you.
    D1git likes this.
    2/12/2016

i asked about the ohm and MB got back to me, it's 1.8.

With the coil lifespan you have mentioned, i may drop it down to 2, 1x 1.6 and 1x 2.1. That should be more than enough for 4 weeks and give a idea of 3 different ohm coils. Thanks DOA i think you just save me a coupla bucks

i'm thinking the 12mg, as you said tar, back when i was 16 y/o this mg/tar was on smoke packs. it makes sense to me this is what i will need, though when buying now days i'm asked which color, my reply is " i dont care, what ever comes first"

i smoke rollies, no filter, and it really is all the same to me now. No enjoyment whatsoever!
    Perhaps my chain smoking before and after work is not enough nic..
    ... yeah rekon ill go the 16mg/32 premix to start instead.
    D1git and Deadonarrival like this.

AVF Regular
    As everyone has stated, you will be upgrading your device before you know it, so just getting a few coils is the go. Better to save that money for a Pico mod, and suitable tank upgrade.

Remember to prime your coils well before use, and if you don't use coil gunker juices, your coil will outlast your time with the starter.

I was a 2-3 pouch of champion ruby/week smoker, and 18mg hiliq tobacco premix got me through, until I got a bit more understanding of the ins & outs of vaping.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    D1git and Deadonarrival like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.