• 1 Post By Vaporeon
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By OzFridgy_AU
  • 2 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Coil reading really low

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Coil reading really low

Hey

I'm having an issue with my tank, It's the Aspire Atlantis 2. Using 0.5 ohm coils with a 0.17 reading.

Battery is a cool fire 4 plus 70w

thanks, Jasmine (Jas)
    FXVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon View Post
    Hey

I'm having an issue with my tank, It's the Aspire Atlantis 2. Using 0.5 ohm coils with a 0.17 reading.

thanks, Jasmine (Jas)
    Clean out the 510 connector in case there is a bit of swarf in there or something. Inspect the 510 on the Atlantis and the mod very carefully.

Dismantle the tank and do the same things for coil head as well.

Try a different coil - you might have got a faulty one.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 14-06-17 at 11:42 PM.
    Noe likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Hey

thanks, Jasmine (Jas)
    Heya vaperon

How old is the coil?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

Brand new coil, straight out of the packet.

Disconnected and re-connected the tank from my mod, now showing 0.27

Getting there!

Cheers, Jas.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Brand new coil, straight out of the packet.

Disconnected and re-connected the tank from my mod, now showing 0.27

Getting there!

Cheers, Jas.
    What Fab said.
    Unscrew the tank from the mod, get a cotton bud & run it around the threads on the mod's 510 connector, it may just be dirty & making poor connection, if there's a lot of dirt on one end try adding 1 drop of pg or juice to that same end & run it around in there again, then turn the cotton bud around & give it a final clean with the fresh end.
    Then screw the tank back on & see if that improved it.

If it didn't, then it is most likely the coil head, probably some of the coil winds touching inside the coil head (which is what I think it most likely is in any case), so change the coil head & see if it makes a difference.
    If all you have is the 1 coil head, then you could try looking down inside the air channel of the coil to see if any of the wires are touching each other, if they are you could try to carefully poke them apart using a small jeweler's screwdriver but hopefully you have a spare coil & replacing the coil solves the problem.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

G'day,

Having the same issues with a 1 month old predator 228 mod using a crown 2 tank.

I threw out (prematurely) 2 coils thinking that they were the issue. It would read right for about 1 hr of use then go all over the place, resulting in atomiser short issue after awhile.

So did some research and found a pull apart vid on YouTube for my mod. Before doing this I used a pen to push the spring loaded 510 connector on the mod a couple of times which seemed to correct the issue for awhile.

Any who, I ended up stripping apart the mod and found that juice leaks into the connections via the 510 port. Also I received some advice from my ejuice shop of choice that when leaving my vape overnight, remove the tank from mod and lay them down (air holes closed of course). This seems to help as I haven't had too many incorrect readings so far (4days after mod clean).

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cat likes this.

Thank you for your responses guys! I dismantled the Atlantis 2 tank, cleaned it as as instructed, still no luck sadly. I might go ahead and install another coil, this one might be defective.

Where can I buy replacement 0.5ohm coils for the Aspire Atlantis 2.

Don't mind if they are overseas and clones

Thanks

AVF Regular
    Where can I buy replacement 0.5ohm coils for the Aspire Atlantis 2.

Don't mind if they are overseas and clones
    Atlantis BVC Organic Cotton Replacement Coil | VapeKing

https://www.fasttech.com/product/202...nt-coil-head-5

or indeed
    LMGTFY
    Vaporeon and Cat like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFridgy_AU View Post
    G'day,

Having the same issues with a 1 month old predator 228 mod using a crown 2 tank.

I threw out (prematurely) 2 coils thinking that they were the issue. It would read right for about 1 hr of use then go all over the place, resulting in atomiser short issue after awhile.

So did some research and found a pull apart vid on YouTube for my mod. Before doing this I used a pen to push the spring loaded 510 connector on the mod a couple of times which seemed to correct the issue for awhile.

Any who, I ended up stripping apart the mod and found that juice leaks into the connections via the 510 port. Also I received some advice from my ejuice shop of choice that when leaving my vape overnight, remove the tank from mod and lay them down (air holes closed of course). This seems to help as I haven't had too many incorrect readings so far (4days after mod clean).

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sadly the Predator 228 isn't the best of mods, the 510 on it is an issue for many vapers & it only gets worse over time.
    My advice to anyone with a Predator 228 is, buy a new mod or start saving for a new mod now if you can't replace it right away.

Do a bit of research, find a mod that you like the look of & that is loved by the owners of it, with no reported problems or very minor problems reported, steer clear of freshly released mods(unless you like gambling & have a reliable workhorse mod already), mods that have 510 issues, mods that have electronics issues or mods that like to fall apart after a few minor bumps(in other words look for something that is reasonably durable).
    It's important for your first mod to be something that is durable & reliable, something you can use when all else fails, this doesn't mean the mod has to be expensive, there are plenty of dual or single 18650 mods in the $50 or less range that are both durable & reliable.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!