Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New and all dewey-eyed about vaping

New and all dewey-eyed about vaping

Well now. I've never been a really heavy smoker but enjoyed a few cigars and low nicotine cigarettes. About 1 to 3 packs of Winfield Utras and about 20 Wee Willhem cigars a week. Put it this way... I enjoyed tobacco, (or thought I did).

I started reading about electronic cigarettes and after some research decided on the Joye 510-T starter kit and a few juices. I thought it was going to be a compromise but what a pleasant surprise. As soon as I took my first draw on Cuban Cigar flavour, I knew instantly I would never go back to anything tobacco. Vaping has exceeded my wildest dreams. It's only been a couple of weeks but I'm getting on with the jargon and am going to start DIY in the next few days.

I know that people carry on about how reformed smokers carry on all evangalical, but I can honestly say I think the days of tobacco are numbered, especially in the developed countries. The practise when you really take a good look at it, is so primitive for want of a better word, and given all the health problems thanks to tobacco companies and the lying they have done, I won't be shedding a tear when they go belly up.

My brother has been trying to give up smoking for years and when we had lunch the other day and he had a vape he was floored exactly like I was. We raved about how electronic cigarettes were literally one of the BIG life changing developments that will effect the world once it evolves into a critical mass which is fast approaching. Obvously with so many vested interests in tobacco there will be plenty of challenges. We literally spent the whole lunch discussing vaping and the future repercussions.

I tell you. You can bet whatever you like, that the tobacco companies have/will be spending millions to research and try and find bad things about vaping. The ironical thing is this will be good for vapers and will possibly be the only time where tobacco companies will be helping the health of countless millions, (unintentionally of course). Bring it on I say.

Vic

AVF Regular
    G'day Vapid! Welcome to the forum and to vaping. I can honestly say it's been life changing for me too. Like you I thought it would be a temporary get me through the dark days of quitting but that hasn't been the case. I haven't had any dark days at least in regards to not smoking. A few times of a craving here and there but not even an hour of any actual suffering. It's been so enjoyable - I love the flavours and feeling that I'm in control of my 'addiction'. Cigarettes always made me feel somewhat trapped. Can't smoke here, can't smoke there. Don't light another one right after putting one out. When I started vaping full time (it took me about 3 months to get sorted out as I had asthma issues), I threw out the rules. I can vape inside, I can watch TV and vape, I can sit at my computer and have a cloud of vape fog around me. And it all smells and tastes awesome. Life changing? You bet!!
    wood duck, margyb, eTama and 2 others like this.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

Gday bloke, I'm only 4 wks in myself but from 20+ yrs pad+ cigga's to not even having thought about one for more than 1/2 a sec. (back at about the 7 day mark when I burnt a carto)
    I'm still a bit gaga too mate, a sense of freedom as others have also expressed, no checking my pockets, forking over wads of cash constantly, no ash no mess, I can smell taste Breathe!
    Vape ON!
    wood duck likes this.
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

same here...loving it.

the only time i think about real smokes is when im fairly drunk...and then I end up chain vaping....i assume this will get easier with time

but other than that, havent touched or wanted to touch a smoke for about 2 weeks!
    wood duck, eTama and vaperdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapid View Post
    Well now. I've never been a really heavy smoker but enjoyed a few cigars and low nicotine cigarettes. About 1 to 3 packs of Winfield Utras and about 20 Wee Willhem cigars a week. Put it this way... I enjoyed tobacco, (or thought I did).

I started reading about electronic cigarettes and after some research decided on the Joye 510-T starter kit and a few juices. I thought it was going to be a compromise but what a pleasant surprise. As soon as I took my first draw on Cuban Cigar flavour, I knew instantly I would never go back to anything tobacco. Vaping has exceeded my wildest dreams. It's only been a couple of weeks but I'm getting on with the jargon and am going to start DIY in the next few days.

I know that people carry on about how reformed smokers carry on all evangalical, but I can honestly say I think the days of tobacco are numbered, especially in the developed countries. The practise when you really take a good look at it, is so primitive for want of a better word, and given all the health problems thanks to tobacco companies and the lying they have done, I won't be shedding a tear when they go belly up.

My brother has been trying to give up smoking for years and when we had lunch the other day and he had a vape he was floored exactly like I was. We raved about how electronic cigarettes were literally one of the BIG life changing developments that will effect the world once it evolves into a critical mass which is fast approaching. Obvously with so many vested interests in tobacco there will be plenty of challenges. We literally spent the whole lunch discussing vaping and the future repercussions.

I tell you. You can bet whatever you like, that the tobacco companies have/will be spending millions to research and try and find bad things about vaping. The ironical thing is this will be good for vapers and will possibly be the only time where tobacco companies will be helping the health of countless millions, (unintentionally of course). Bring it on I say.

Vic
    Well said and articulated introduction Vic, welcome!
    I think I like you ;-)

AVF Regular
    it was so simple, and life changing for me, i cant understand why other smokers are not interested. I had a few drinks with some good smoker freinds last night and they all tried my, ecigs, again. They all want to give up, but were not interested in vaping at all. I guess they have seen me vape for a year now, and just think, i have swappen one vice for another. Its true i have, but for the year they have been talking about giving up, I have had only a handfull of smokes, and have vaped. I just cant understand their reluctance, as they keep saying, they dont want to vape and will give up soon, but never do. Each to their own i guess.
    wood duck and CCC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    it was so simple, and life changing for me, i cant understand why other smokers are not interested. I had a few drinks with some good smoker freinds last night and they all tried my, ecigs, again. They all want to give up, but were not interested in vaping at all. I guess they have seen me vape for a year now, and just think, i have swappen one vice for another. Its true i have, but for the year they have been talking about giving up, I have had only a handfull of smokes, and have vaped. I just cant understand their reluctance, as they keep saying, they dont want to vape and will give up soon, but never do. Each to their own i guess.
    You're preaching to the choir with me. It has hit me like a bolt of lightning and I discussed it on another forum, (car), that I'm on. Mostly positive reactions and people were open to listen. One Swiss guy said what they were up against was that it was seen to be a sissy thing to do. I thought whatttt....

Believe me so-called "celebs" may have their uses after all. More and more are into it and they will have influences.

I don't care if people think I'm as gay as a summer frock, I'm NEVER touching tobacco again and vaping, unless proven detrimental is my latest vice.
    margyb and CCC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    Well said and articulated introduction Vic, welcome!
    I think I like you ;-)
    Thanks for the welcome. Careful with the 'like' bit for now. On other forums I have proven to be divisive to say the least. I will try and control myself.

AVF Regular
    l I think the swiss guy may well be a sissy, if he is worried about being called one, an ecig in his hand wont make much difference lol.
    wood duck and Vapid like this.

I wonder when/if vaping reaches critical mass and suddenly everyone is doing it.
    I initially thought same that everyone is gonna want to do this but I have been proven wrong time and again.
    Been vaping for a year and only 2 real converts made, A bit disappointing really.
    Still the point is we have found vaping and found it to be strong, Those who do not may regret it later but that is now their choice. Good luck to em. What Mick said above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast