Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Danny76
  • 2 Post By Garfishslayer
  • 3 Post By Noe

Thread: first ever set of 1850 batteries noob question

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

first ever set of 18650 batteries noob question

Hi all I have just got my first set of 18650 batteries and im wondering if i have to charge them before first use

cheers
    Last edited by Garfishslayer; 18-06-17 at 03:08 PM.

AVF Regular
    Do you mean 18650 battery? They generally only have 40% max charge in em out of the shop as its safer to ship/ less explosive energy if something does go wrong,and they also store better at that% mark. So i would say yes charge em up. They generally take a couple of charge and discharge to come up to full capacity.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Fatman and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    yeah my bad I did mean 18650... (face palm) lol....sweet thanks I will stick them on charge
    fabricator4 and Danny76 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    It's not absolutely necessary to fully charge Li-Ion batteries before using them, Li-Ion batts do not get a "memory effect" like some other rechargeables will when used below max charge.
    However it is best to fully charge the Li-Ion batts for their first use, for a few reasons but the most important reason IMO, is so you can get a good gauge of the run time expected from you new, fully charged, batteries.
    Also it is best to wait 10-15mins at least(30mins is better) between using the batts & charging the batts and the same in reverse (charging - using), doing this will preserve your batteries for longer, giving them a longer life expectancy.
    fabricator4, Tara and rathalos like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!