Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Help please....trying to set up TC on spectrum 230w

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Fabricator4 you were spot on...I cleaned the 510 conection and .....bingo nice vape @220c
    fabricator4 and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfishslayer View Post
    Ok cheers mate it looks like im just going to go watt mode with the crown...i have no idea how to set the ceiling wattage in tc mode so if anyone does i would appreciate some help
    Im happy with the flavor and vapor production in that mode.....I really want to use the tc so I will see if anyone suggests any good coils/tanks.....yeah I knew how to adjust the pre heat but there was know way to turn it off that I could see.....so I assume I will set it all to 0 and that effectively will turn it off Im guessing
    Okay, so one last post, and then im enjoying Candy...

Well without a manual its hard to advise exactly. But on a number of tc mods, you will initially go into watts mode, set the watts there (and that becomes your "watts ceiling" for tc mode) and then go into tc mode (its how for example most Smok mods do it).

As for preheat 0 being off, one would hope so, again, no manual, its just guesswork.
    Garfishslayer likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Ok that makes sense. ...thanks style

AVF Regular
    Ok that makes sense. ...thanks style
    Hopefully i eventually make some on here

Glad you seem to have it working, a good wipe of the 510 socket and pin is worth doing every coil change or so, those other points i made about the coils are still valid, you may have to fiddle initially or even with every coil change to get where you like your vape, but once you get there, you should be okay. I still dont know why after x generations of coils, Uwell arent just making them fully 316L...it would be less work for them....no welding of dissimilar metals etc....if you get bored, look down the barrel of a coil, you can see the joints in the different wire types
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 22-06-17 at 10:47 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Fabricator4 you were spot on...I cleaned the 510 conection and .....bingo nice vape @220c
    Do you still get a good vape if you set it 210 or 215? I'd be inclined to back it off just a little, as long as it's still producing good vapour.

The real benefits to TC come if they wick is not keeping up or the liquid level is too low. You'll notice that the vapour drops off but it never starts to taste burnt. Those are the two thing to always check if the vapour drops off - the 510 connector and the liquid level.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

thanks people........im going to vape some footloops and milk.......

P.S

more questions to come im sure :}
    fabricator4 likes this.

yeah i am getting low on juice...i will top it up and try it at 210....and yeah thats the exact reason for wanting to use tc...no dry hits ...if i can get it right
    fabricator4 likes this.

ok so more juice = still good vapor @210c......thank you so much fab also adjusted ceiling wattage and its all good...im happy
    Last edited by Garfishslayer; 22-06-17 at 10:58 PM.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah i am getting low on juice...i will top it up and try it at 210....and yeah thats the exact reason for wanting to use tc...no dry hits ...if i can get it right
    I will get to watch Uncle Buck, but you keep bringing up things where i have Crown tips

Which version of the Crown are you on? the latest v3

Definitely on the Crown v1 and its 3 generations of coils, wicking/dry hits was an issue. People came up with ways to try and deal with this, including taking a pin and through the side juice holes poking the needle in several times, and also from the top, down the middle of the wall of cotton. This was believed to alleviate some part of the fact those coils were wicked with very tight cotton. Another trick was to get the coil and apply juice to the juice holes and soak it at each port, or even put the coil on say a bit of cling wrap and squirt juice on the ports one at a time and then a bit extra juice on the cling wrap and sit the coil in the juice pool on its side juice hole down to absorb at its own pace, before using. Not sure if those practices are still valid for the Crown v3 coils, certainly from reviews i was led to believe they were improved.

A somewhat universal sometimes fix for dry wick/dry hits is primer puffing - which is taking several short sharp toots on the driptip, without firing, to encourage juice to wick into the coil. This can be done any time you feel its getting dry. For initial wicking you should always first prime the coils with at least letting them sit in the tank for a good 5-10 minutes before firing, primer puffing before firing the first time is also valid.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 22-06-17 at 11:06 PM.
    fabricator4 and Garfishslayer like this.

Handy shopping links:

also adjusting the ceiling watts made a differance to.....I think I needed some schooling lol and yeah im running the new crown 3
    Last edited by Garfishslayer; 22-06-17 at 11:05 PM.
    fabricator4 and stylemessiah like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast