AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    yeah I have the new crown 3 with the coils that came with the tank
    stylemessiah likes this.

nice vapor consistency a and good flavor now
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfishslayer View Post
    Thanks fab....a few things for me to look into there..im using the .5 ohm coil that came with the crown 3 tank which is 316 ss i belive.I really wanted to keep my temps below 220c but im just not getting enough vapor...not till about 270c ish is it better
    I think its the coils fault not the mod. I have a crown 3 with the 0.5ohm coils. Yes they say they are stainless but I have tried to get temp control running on 2 different mods with it and it just doesnt seem to work. It would setup ok but imediately go to temp protect mode. The 2 mods I tried I then checked with a rebuildable with ss wire and they both worked fine so its not the mods. So that makes me think that either the wire is not ss or its something other than 316ss.
    Garfishslayer likes this.

For now it seems to be working great....made a few modifications to set up (cheers people) and seems to be travelling well...time will tell if it stays that way
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    also adjusting the ceiling watts made a differance to.....I think I needed some schooling lol and yeah im running the new crown 3
    Yep, the ceiling if set low will stop your coil getting to set temp, a lot of vendors used to suggest least 30w (way too low for most folks) and up, but no idea what watts they leave the factory at, pretty much all tc mods still leave the factory set in vw (watts) mode.

A short explanation of vw vs tc (again) as it helps to understand the differences:

VW mode - when you fire it, the mod will fire, and continue to fire, whatever watts you set to the coil until you let go - result: temp will continue to build

TC mode (preheat off) - when you fire it, the mod will fire only enough watts to get to set temp, then the watts will drop to maintain temp - result: you will get the set temp +/- 10c (on average across most mods ive seen tested- some more accurate than others)

TC mode (preheat on) - when you fire it, the mod will fire initially at the set preheat watts for the preset amount of time (ignoring the set temp on some tc mods) and then drop to supply enough watts to reach/maintain temp - result: you will get either a quick ramp up to set temp (or slightly over if the mod doesnt respect the set temp during preheat) and then get the set temp +/- 10c (on average across most mods ive seen tested- some more accurate than others)

Ive seen none of the widespread issues with the Crown v3 that plagued the v1/2...mind you i dont want to look, but most reviews seemed to say they redeemed themselves with the v3
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 22-06-17 at 11:32 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    I think its the coils fault not the mod. I have a crown 3 with the 0.5ohm coils. Yes they say they are stainless but I have tried to get temp control running on 2 different mods with it and it just doesnt seem to work. It would setup ok but imediately go to temp protect mode. The 2 mods I tried I then checked with a rebuildable with ss wire and they both worked fine so its not the mods. So that makes me think that either the wire is not ss or its something other than 316ss.
    Read Post #5 on the first page of this thread

Uwell have never used fully 316L wires for their coils...

And then read on, it may help
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

everything I have seen has been good and I looked at a fair few reviews....thanks so much for all your help I think ive still got a lot of learning to do
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    everything I have seen has been good and I looked at a fair few reviews....thanks so much for all your help I think ive still got a lot of learning to do
    You'll go far doing some homework

Handy shopping links:

enjoy your movie...thanks again

AVF Regular
    enjoy your movie...thanks again
    No worries, Fab did a lot of the heavy lifting, as he usually does in these parts

Handy shopping links:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast