Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By andron
  • 2 Post By muscovyduckling

Thread: Cheap yet good secondary tank for a pen-style battery?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cheap yet good secondary tank for a pen-style battery?

Hey guys and girls,

I am considering in investing in a cheap tank that will work with a pen style battery. It will act as my secondary vape for uni and work smoke breaks. I currently own an Aspire Odyssey mini 50w kit but want to take something less expensive in case I lose and accidently drop my primary one (which has happened before). The pen style battery I own is a Vision Spinner 1300mah which can safety fire coils between 1.5ohm - 2.8ohms. The tank that came with my Aspire kit isn't compatiable as the ohms are too low for the pen-style battery to handle.

I came across this on eBay of all places

(Link: 5pcs 2ML VIVI NOVA CE6 MINI Tank 510 thread 2.8ohm coil | eBay)

It is a 2.8 ohm, 2.0ml tank with a wick design much like the old iclear-30.

It is also really good value. What are your suggestions?

AVF Regular
    Not too sure about resistance being that high. But in terms of pen batteries and tanks, I used to use an ego one (19mm) with a subtank nano running a 0.5 ohm coil
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

AVF Regular
    Ditto on ego one. I love it to boot. The coil last me over 3 weeks at a time

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon View Post
    Hey guys and girls,

I am considering in investing in a cheap tank that will work with a pen style battery. It will act as my secondary vape for uni and work smoke breaks. I currently own an Aspire Odyssey mini 50w kit but want to take something less expensive in case I lose and accidently drop my primary one (which has happened before). The pen style battery I own is a Vision Spinner 1300mah which can safety fire coils between 1.5ohm - 2.8ohms. The tank that came with my Aspire kit isn't compatiable as the ohms are too low for the pen-style battery to handle.

I came across this on eBay of all places

(Link: 5pcs 2ML VIVI NOVA CE6 MINI Tank 510 thread 2.8ohm coil | eBay)

It is a 2.8 ohm, 2.0ml tank with a wick design much like the old iclear-30.

It is also really good value. What are your suggestions?
    Those pre-date the Iclear-30, nothing wrong with the 2.8 ohm coils but they aren't going to deliver the best vapor, the main problem is they are a top coil design.
    There's a reason the vaping industry moved towards bottom coil designs - the vape quality is much better.

If you are used to using the more modern Aspire Odyssey kit, then those are going to be disappointing. Try looking for some bottom coil toppers or perhaps a carto tank with some 1.2 - 1.5 ohm slotted cartos( and yes your spinner will handle 1.2ohms just fine).
    Snidely_Whiplash and emu like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    tempting prices but plastic tanks crack. my first setup was similar and it broke in less than 3 weeks

my work vape before was a spinner and a Kanger ProTank mini3. glass tank and vapes like a nautilus.
    The Triton 2 mini was the second work tank, same coils the Triton 2. You'll need an adaptor for an ego to 510 connection
    and it wont sit flushed on a spinner. Its ideal for a small box mod or Joyetech's eGo ONE Mini for more stealthier look.
    gert and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Vaporeon! The newer pen style starter kits, like the Joyetech AIO or Innokin Endura T20 etc, are about $30-$35 new for the tank and battery kit. If a tank for your Vision Spinner is going to cost ~$30 it might be worth looking into a whole new kit. They are very good, these new pen style starter kits.
    Fatman and emu like this.