Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Noob looking at starter kit

AVF Regular

Noob looking at starter kit

hey everyone, me and my gf are both willing to try ecigs we currently smoke rollies and go through just over 30 grams a week each. I have done a fair bit of research and its seems that i will be going for a V2 starter kit, V2 Standard Kit v2cigaustralia.com

Has anyone had experiences with v2cigs? if i want to buy a additional charger and battery will KR808D models fit on there? any help would be great.

eGo C & Vision eGo Clearomizer Promotion Kit (Zip Case) - $61.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

this is something i would happily recommend very noob friendly better battery life than the cig style ones
    ego c vision promotion kit.jpgcig-ego.jpg
    pic from their site plus my own ego 1000mah with stardust compared to analogue
    good starter kit and get your plain nic while your there and then use local suppliers for extra batteries and juice doublers
    light487 and margyb like this.

AVF Regular
    that ego looks quite big. im after something that looks a bit more like a ciggie atm, just for the fact i will be using it in public a fair bit

CCC
    Hi g1, welcome to Aussie Vapers. That kit you linked there is quite expensive. I can see the appeal though, it is almost the size of a normal cigarette. Unfortunatly small ones like that dont hold charge for very long and you will constantly recharging them several times daily. And they come with pre filled cartomizers which is pretty handy, the only problem is you will have to keep buying them from V2, for the entire time you use their brand of e-cig and they are expensive too. You will have to buy the spare batteries and chargers from them too. This kit is not a bad way to start out vaping but i believe you will be looking for something better very shortly after trying this one.
    timeout likes this.

Joye 510-T Starter Kit or JuiceWhore Starter Kits - JuiceWhore 510 Starter Kit - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice or other local suppliers then get your nic juice and a few flavors from the other site but the price tag on the v2 cigs seems excessive compared to what our local suppliers can offer.

can't comment on these though as i have not used them since the first one i tried 2+yrs back which made me leave vapeing alone for 2+years as for using it in public i have only had a few smokers ask about the ego i carry and most people don't even seem to notice

If you want a cig-a-like, then I couldn't recommend anything other than a genuine Joyetech 510 or 306 setup. Anything else and you may end up paying more than you need to.

The fact that these people are selling products containing nicotine indicates that they are not Australian-based, so that indicates a little bit of deception right from the get-go.

The price of their standard kit, which is simply (from what I can tell) two rebranded 510 batteries, a charger and 10 prefilled cartomisers is excessively high.

On these facts alone, I would avoid them and look to getting your stuff from elsewhere.

If that's the kind of ecig you are looking for, I would recommend something like this:

[Joyetech] Joye 510 Starter Kit (Manual/Auto)

Much cheaper, genuine Joyetech parts and no deceptiive marketing.
    timeout likes this.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

This is what people see when I vape I hope the pics work lol
    Pleski likes this.

Considering we had a V2 spammer in here yesterday, looking at the name used, looking at the link posted in message, looking at the website itself and many other things..

I would have to say that this was an attempt at more "market research".. lol

However just in case, I offered my recommendation above
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    Considering we had a V2 spammer in here yesterday, looking at the name used, looking at the link posted in message, looking at the website itself and many other things..

I would have to say that this was an attempt at more "market research".. lol

However just in case, I offered my recommendation above
    Hmmmm you may have something there well we offered our honest opinions at any rate

Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    If you want a cig-a-like, then I couldn't recommend anything other than a genuine Joyetech 510 or 306 setup. Anything else and you may end up paying more than you need to.

The fact that these people are selling products containing nicotine indicates that they are not Australian-based, so that indicates a little bit of deception right from the get-go.

The price of their standard kit, which is simply (from what I can tell) two rebranded 510 batteries, a charger and 10 prefilled cartomisers is excessively high.

On these facts alone, I would avoid them and look to getting your stuff from elsewhere.

If that's the kind of ecig you are looking for, I would recommend something like this:

[Joyetech] Joye 510 Starter Kit (Manual/Auto)

Much cheaper, genuine Joyetech parts and no deceptiive marketing.
    I couldn't agree with Light more... This is where myself and my partner started off. Brought the Joye 510 starter kit + some juices. We ended up buying another one (as we were sharing one to begin with to see if we took to vaping)

He is really happy continuing with his 510, I have moved up to (yesterday!) A 1000mah passthrough eGo with a stardust cartomizer. (See what Craigus has).

My suggestion from one newbie to another is to dip your feet in at the 510 to see how you go and then you can go up through local suppliers battery wise. (The 650mah eGo could also be a good idea, as it is not too big and bulky, but is a little more customizable, ie - Low resistance cartomizers etc) And if you are out in public alot, you dont want to have a battery going flat on you every 2 hours (That is about max I got out of my 510). Otherwise you have to look at a PCC (personal charge case) or stacks of backup batteries!

Good luck and welcome... There are a heap of people here that give tremendous support and advice and are never judgmental of questions no matter how silly you make think they are.
    Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer!
    craigus006 and MizzD like this.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast