Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: First Variable Voltage

AVF Regular

First Variable Voltage

I've kicked the smokes, haven't brought any for 2 weeks now but I'm still struggling on the Ego batteries, they arnt giving me enough and the cravings are there for 75% of the day even though they taste like crap and i didnt enjoy the last smoke i had.

I think it's time to step up to VV.

What was your first VV devise? Have you moved on since then?

I'm having a hard decision deciding what to get, I've tried a WOW and 5v on my favorite flavors is too much. My partner has a Lava tube and after 1 drop its pretty much rooted and well the size and weight is abit too much.

So do I bite the bullet and go a Provari mini? how long are people really getting out of the batteries on the minis? Or do I just deal with the size and weight and go a full size Provari?

All suggestions, feedback is welcome
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

Super Moderator
    Provari mini is good and sturdy, as is the big brother, the provari. Depends, if you want something that lasts all day and not fussed about the size, I'd go a provari with the 18650 and extender cap. Mini you get about 6-8 hours from on a conservative voltage.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Juddy. 6-8 hours isn't bad at all there's another tick for the mini!
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

I have the original full size Provari. Still going strong.

I want the mini but its hard to justify when my V1 is still going so well. It has been dropped, scratched and had juice spilt all over it several times.

From memory users were getting 3Ml out of the mini in stealth mode (18350 batt) at the 4-5V mark. I would estimate i get at least 5mls from the 18500 batteries (mini with extender tube). Unless you are a heavy Vaper (3+Ml per day) i would recommend a mini.

If your on a budget the VVEgo batteries are ok. The one i got didn't last to long.

AVF Regular
    well for me its not the vv or the ego...its some kind of ..what is your style of vaping..i still use my ego bat for boge lr cartomizer, liquinator and dripping i06 lr or 306lr 510 lr....VV i guess is when you want higher voltage and flexible on voltage range.
    you can use any as long as they are LR for ego battery....

i put it this way..... 3.7volts = any LR

the higher ohms you use the higher the voltage it needs...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    If your on a budget the VVEgo batteries are ok. The one i got didn't last to long.
    I'm not sure these are even joyetech? Anyway I digress.
    Agree with your comments
    Last edited by juddyau; 31-03-12 at 04:32 PM. Reason: iPad autocorrect derp

Ego VV ~ 1 week was enough, wanted MORE POWER!
    Wong tube ~ Used that for a few weeks but didn't like the cheep feel and the end cap kept falling off.
    Provari ~ Rejoice! Love it, but wanted something smaller. I've had it since mid feb.
    Provari mini ~ Perfection! Perfect size and I get a full day (4ml) out of it in short mode. I only use the big provari while home now.

AVF Regular
    The mini isn't much smaller than the original is it? I have a JiB mod which you can read about in the mods forum here. But I think there is about a 2 month wait at the moment. It's variable wattage instead of voltage which means that no matter what you stick on it the voltage will always be the same. Whereas with VV you have to swap the settings for each carto/atomizer to get the same effect.
    timeout likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quom, without the extender cap it's much smaller. That said, my gold member provari has the 18650 cap on it.

Provari, a bit on the expensive side but for a VV device of its type, its top notch. built like a tank, loaded with every bell and whistle you can think of.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast