Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Coil replacements

AVF Regular
    The closest you will get to the vapemod 0.6 ohm coil might be the Nautilus 0.7 ohm:
    https://vapetrail.com.au/collections...coils-1-8-ohms

You should get one to two weeks out of a coil but it depends on what liquid you use and how much you vape.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Yeah it's proved to be pretty tough haha
    I've ordered from US and House of Vape so just the waiting game now but I do have one ATM
    When I got it I took it to a battery.place and have the big battery put in and use the charger it came with
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have a spare Triton RBA (A rebuildable coil head) that I'm happy to PIF to you, when you have a bit more confidence.

It means that rather than replacing the coil at $5+ each time, you are just spending a few cents worth of wire and/or wick.

If the tank is worthy this could be a great option. If the tank turns out to be unsuitable for your long term vaping preference, there are many very easy to build tanks now available.

But most importantly lets first get you vaping, and free of the shackles of those dreaded cancer sticks.
    Vadaska likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

That'd be awesome, thank you so much!
    Would it work on my vapmod?

I'm still quite shocked that I might need to replace my coil head every few weeks or along those lines!
    Is it possible hat somewhere in Perth WA sells coil heads or will I have to go online? (I THINK that WA laws won't let anyone sell anything baling related but not 100%)

AVF Regular
    I read somewhere from one of your WA brethren, that although WA law states it as illegal, there are a lot of Facebook sellers trading with no issues. I don't Facebook so can't help along those lines.

There are a number of trusted Aussie retailers with quick delivery that can have coils in your hot little hand next day.

I find the triton RBA (as with any RBA), gives a 'no coil' reading when I build it on my Geekvape 521 tab. I don't know why this is, so just build and test my RBA's on a mod. If you keep this in mind, they work a treat.

You still need to be well aware of the how, why, and what of building your own coils, before you start on this journey. When you understand the science and mechanics of what you are doing (reading relevant forum threads, and watching youtube vids will be your best bet), it is actually very easy, satisfying, and ridiculously cheap.

If you PM me your address, I will throw a suitable build in one, and send it your way, ready to plug in and vape.
    emu and Vadaska like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadaska View Post
    That'd be awesome, thank you so much!
    Would it work on my vapmod?

I'm still quite shocked that I might need to replace my coil head every few weeks or along those lines!
    Is it possible hat somewhere in Perth WA sells coil heads or will I have to go online? (I THINK that WA laws won't let anyone sell anything baling related but not 100%)
    That's why a lot of us use tanks that have rebuildable heads, because mostly it's just a matter of replacing a few cents worth of cotton wick. That's not for everyone though, so replacable heads cost a dollar or two every week or so. It's still far cheaper than smoking, and the main point IS that you are no longer smoking after all.
    emu and Vadaska like this.

I'll definitely have to give that one a go, would it last longer than replacing the whole coil head?
    YouTube is my best friend at the moment haha

I'll give Facebook a try and see what I can find

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate all the help!!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadaska View Post
    I'll definitely have to give that one a go, would it last longer than replacing the whole coil head?
    YouTube is my best friend at the moment haha

I'll give Facebook a try and see what I can find

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate all the help!!!
    It can last longer, mainly because you get to choose what wick you use, and you can learn to make the wick as efficient as possible. Anything you can do to make the wick work better will keep the coil wet and make the whole thing last longer.

Coils last me many months. I just dry burn the coil to clean it about every fortnight, then put a new wick in it. It takes me about 5 minutes to do all that these days, though winding a new single coil doesn't really take any longer than it does to dry burn and clean it usually. It's mostly that if you have a really nice coil that is working well, you don't really want to pull it out and make another if you don't have to.

I usually replace coils if they've been damaged while pulling the old wick out.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 15-08-17 at 06:31 PM.
    Vadaska likes this.

Right! Well I most definitely have a lot to learn!

Thanks again for all your help!
    fabricator4 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12