Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is my kangertech just garbage?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatta View Post
    Few weeks back I bought a kangertech top tank mini and hadaly RDA clone. The disposable coils in the kangertech didn't do it for me so I switched to the RBTA it came with but even that's been not so enjoyable so all im using is the Hadaly.

So my question.. Is the kangertech just going to seem like a waste of time after enjoying the RDA? Although I thought I wicked it right, there does seem to be some spitting or gurgling going on when using it... I was using a Milo 3 that comes with the eleaf pico until I broke it and even that seemed to offer a better experience than the Kangertech.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The Subtank minis and Toptank minis are what I use most of every day. I can't speak for the factory coils since I've only ever used the RBA. I gave a friend a Subtank mini and all the coils I'd got in various boxes and so on and he had no problems.

The advantage is the small size of the head which produces good flavour, same for most other RTAs of a similar design.

Wicking anything is always a balancing act between too much and too little. I can tell you my method, but everybody finds what works best for them.

====

Wrap 2.5mm coils. It's a narrow bridge the coils have to fit in. If you use 3mm coils it restricts the airflow with the bigger coil and too much wick.

Once the 2.5mm coil is in place (26g 316, five wraps spaced, 0.5 ohms) and tightened down, roll a good amount of cotton and poke it through the coil. It should be a firm pull to get it to run through.

Next, point the wicks straight up, so that you can put the outer part of the RBA (the ring, which is held on with a screw) over the wicks and fit it to the deck.

Cut the wicks off with a pair of scissors as close to the top of the ring as possible. Yep - cut it right down - you can't cut too much.

Next get a pair of tweezers and poke the wicks down inside, and use the tweezers to grab the wick and push the ends up against the juice holes. Gather all the wick and get it going in the right direction. It doesn't have to poke through the hole, and you'll ruin if you try to. If some pokes through by itself that is fine. If you look at the holes from the outside, there should be no gaps.

===

That should give you better airflow, no leaks, and good flavour. Kanger did change the size of the holes in the RBA. They made them smaller because people couldn't wick them properly without leaking. Worst thing they ever did IMO. They were perfect as they were.

I have a Melo III and an RBA head for it here somewhere. You can have it for the price of postage if you want the leaky POS. I feel about them the same as Style feels about about the Sub/Toptank minis. The RBA is stupid, and a pain in the butt. Since I roll my own coils, something that is great with factory coils is of no use to me.

Everybody finds different things that work for them. It might be what you've got, but done a bit differently. It might something else entirely. The only thing you can do is keep trying things until you find your magic bullet.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 11-08-17 at 09:05 PM.
    Noe, stylemessiah and MadHatta like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Agreed with the melo lll RBA, Eleaf stole the blueprints off kanger and karma bit hard. The Melo 300 RBA on the other hand is just perfect. My heart goes out to kanger owners.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    As the proud owner of probably 30 Kanger Protank 2s I pity those that missed the boat, LOL, and yeah I thought the Subtanks were crap.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    As the proud owner of probably 30 Kanger Protank 2s I pity those that missed the boat, LOL, and yeah I thought the Subtanks were crap.
    Noe, fabricator4 and mallee00 like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks guys. Will find fabs tips a go. I'm living in Vietnam.. Each town I visit might have one or two vape shops so supplies are limited. Getting things shipped here is a whole level of stupid. Would like to get a squonker some day though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    fabricator4 and emu like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I've got a few TopTanks/SubTanks and they run like crap on the Kanger mods, like the Topbox and K-Box, but the other day I ran one of my TopTanks on a Joyetech E-Vic mini and she was as smooth as silk.

Granted the Kanger coils aren't the best, but I find the power delivery of the Kanger mods doesn't help them one bit. The power, and the chip that regulates that power matters.
    emu and FXVaper like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    /me waits for Fab to turn up on this one...i wont even give my normal Subleak Spitty talk
    I'm in the Style camp on this, the sub-tank/top-tank was ok in its day but there are much better tanks available now. Most of us have moved on from this ancient (in vape gear timeline) technology & are enjoying more modern gear.

If you're enjoying the flavor from the Halady then possibly an RDTA would suit you too. There are quite a number of RDTAs now but I still think Ijoy makes some of the best, I haven't tried their new ones, however the old reliable Limitless Plus or Combo or Classic RDTAs are big on flavor & big on vapor, while remaining leak free & easy to refill.

My go -to tank now though is the OBS Engine, nothing I have tried in the past 2yrs has seen the same amount of time sitting atop my mods, it can be a little bit tricky to get the coils sitting just right but when you do the reward is worth it. Having top airflow & top filling it simply refuses to leak, the only juice I have had outside of the tank is when closing the refill ring & its around 1 -2 drops every time but this is nothing to put me off, a tissue is always ready when I refill.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Well generally rtas don't match up to rdas when it comes to flavour. There are a few I know which do but subtank compared to hadaly? Haha thats just unfair on the poor old subtank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Well generally rtas don't match up to rdas when it comes to flavour. There are a few I know which do but subtank compared to hadaly? Haha thats just unfair on the poor old subtank
    I'm currently vaping my NarDA on a mech with a fresh battery. It's arguably one of the best single coil RDAs around and I use it for testing liquids. It produces lots of vapour and runs through juice twice as fast as the Subtank mini and at twice the watts (35 to 40 watts on a 0.4 ohm spaced coil).

Right next to it is my Subtank mini on a VTC mini running temperature control as hot as it can without ruining the flavour, and on a week old wick that needs changing. Now here's the thing... the flavour is very nearly as good as the NarDA, at half the power (on average) and it uses half the juice, and with a new wick it's even better. How does this happen? Well the small RBA chamber is very cleverly designed to maximise airflow on the coil and concentrate the vapour for flavour. There's one thing with a small chamber though, how it works is very dependent on the type of coil you put in there. If I use 2.5mm claptons the flavour is just ordinary, and the same if I use a 3mm round wire build. It just messes up the airflow. For someone doing MTL on a Subtank mini RBA though I'd actually recommend the 3mm round wire build because it increases air velocity.

Stuff with really big chambers and dual coils makes good flavour because of the amount of liquid it's vaporising. Try running a single coil on a Tsunami and you'll see what I mean - the flavour is just downright weird - the chamber is too big and too tall.

Everyone is different, and we like different things and that is fine. The Subtanks are still excellent for someone who wants a slightly restricted DL vape on a single coil. No it's not for everyone, but it does give good flavour with the right build, and that's much better advice for someone who only has a subtank available and needs to find the best way to use it.
    gtadmin, rockmoose and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular

Is my kangertech just garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I'm currently vaping my NarDA on a mech with a fresh battery. It's arguably one of the best single coil RDAs around and I use it for testing liquids. It produces lots of vapour and runs through juice twice as fast as the Subtank mini and at twice the watts (35 to 40 watts on a 0.4 ohm spaced coil).

Right next to it is my Subtank mini on a VTC mini running temperature control as hot as it can without ruining the flavour, and on a week old wick that needs changing. Now here's the thing... the flavour is very nearly as good as the NarDA, at half the power (on average) and it uses half the juice, and with a new wick it's even better. How does this happen? Well the small RBA chamber is very cleverly designed to maximise airflow on the coil and concentrate the vapour for flavour. There's one thing with a small chamber though, how it works is very dependent on the type of coil you put in there. If I use 2.5mm claptons the flavour is just ordinary, and the same if I use a 3mm round wire build. It just messes up the airflow. For someone doing MTL on a Subtank mini RBA though I'd actually recommend the 3mm round wire build because it increases air velocity.

Stuff with really big chambers and dual coils makes good flavour because of the amount of liquid it's vaporising. Try running a single coil on a Tsunami and you'll see what I mean - the flavour is just downright weird - the chamber is too big and too tall.

Everyone is different, and we like different things and that is fine. The Subtanks are still excellent for someone who wants a slightly restricted DL vape on a single coil. No it's not for everyone, but it does give good flavour with the right build, and that's much better advice for someone who only has a subtank available and needs to find the best way to use it.
    Weird because I have both a narda and subtank and my narda absolutely destroyed the subtank when vaping the same juice , congrats if you have figured out how to get that kind of flavour out of it I would give the subtank another try but am giving it away tomorrow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast