Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Nic juice sorted......

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shanereis1200 View Post
    I just moved my nic juice into 50ml Amber bottles (with Eurodrippers)...I actually had a bottle explode on me ....obviously to much pressure....I had to learn the hard way....

So friends....when moving your precious nicotine into appropriate size bottles, be sure to leave a little head room a tiny amount just so she don't explode on ya....

Yep I lost 50ml.....ouch

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    I've never heard of that happening before. PG normally contracts, so shouldn't have any affect on the bottle unless there is a flaw in the glass. I'm thinking a flaw in the glass, plus the thermal shock of going into a very cold place while the contents are still warm might have just been enough. Just really bad luck that you maybe had a flaw which was a stress notch (concentrates the stress to a weak point) in just the wrong place.

Just out of curiosity, did the bottle finish up in a hundred pieces, or did just the neck or bottom crack off it or something?
    emu likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I've never heard of that happening before. PG normally contracts, so shouldn't have any affect on the bottle unless there is a flaw in the glass. I'm think a flaw in the glass, plus the thermal shock of going into a very cold place while the contents are still warm might have just been enough. Just really bad luck that you maybe had a flaw which was a stress notch (concentrates the stress to a weak point) in just the wrong place.

Just out of curiosity, did the bottle finish up in a hundred pieces, or did just the neck or bottom crack off it or something?
    Yeah it kind of split in half on a diagonal from tip to bottom.I inspected the glass thickness...but I know I was leaving no headroom what so ever....so the last ten or so bottles have a couple of small air bubbles in them....I'm hoping the fridge fixes the rest.....but overall for my first batch....I'm happy with the outcome.....

emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    A long way away shanereis only 5000 k's at a guess lol, that's excellent you are raring to go mixing it's fun and cheap and you can tailor ya ratios and everything else about your juice till you find nirvana lol.

Hahaha

emu likes this.

Thanks emu...will be in touch

emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Thanks emu...will be in touch

AVF Regular
    Yeah it kind of split in half on a diagonal from tip to bottom.I inspected the glass thickness...but I know I was leaving no headroom what so ever....so the last ten or so bottles have a couple of small air bubbles in them....I'm hoping the fridge fixes the rest.....but overall for my first batch....I'm happy with the outcome.....

Yep, sounds like a hairline crack or an air bubble in the wrong spot then. If it's in the side where it meets the base or the shoulder it can elongate into something that makes it weaker.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Aww well not to worry....lesson learned....in most of the bottles there is a bees **** of headroom do I'm hoping it will be ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12