Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: First post Newbie

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post
    Still going, no cigs. Unflavoured for a couple days now, definitely my fav so far, easy to vape.
    Well done Juzzo. Sorry I was out of town so only just catching up on this.

Yes, I can say the first one in the morning was the hardest for me too. When I was smoking my routine was to get out of bed and grab the tobacco as soon as my feet hit the floor. I'd be heading out the back door rolling my first smoke before I was properly awake. Sometimes I'd stop to put the kettle on first, but often not - the ciggy was way more important.

It might help to have your spare setup or at least a spare tank with some 18mg/ml unflavoured (or flavoured) in it for the first morning nic fix. The sooner you get your nic levels up to "normal" the sooner it stops being a problem. It helps if you do some nose exhales too because the nicotine will absorb faster in the nasal passages than it will in the lungs. At first I still went outside for that first vape out of habit, then I realised it was just silly and I didn't need to - breaking that habit helped a lot too, so see if there are any "triggers" you are still doing but which could be easily avoided.

After only a few weeks that should settle down a lot and the frantic urges that you will get now from time to time will happen less and less.

Be prepared for some surprises. Tobacco got its hooks into you over many years, and it's got a range of little tricks like this to try and claw you back into its dirty little clutches. These things always worked in the past, but now you've got vaping. There's plenty of us been there, know what it's like, and are cheering for you.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Still going, no cigs. Unflavoured for a couple days now, definitely my fav so far, easy to vape.
    Well done Juzzo keep going, unflavoured is a misleading name I reckon, you can taste the nic and the sweetness of Vg so there is flavour, even water tastes like water haha. It was my ADV till I bought this bloody vgod tank now I've been corrupted with the best tasting Ry4 ever, molinberry know there stuff and it tastes so damn good through this thing I can't put it down.
    rockmoose and Juzzo like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Well done Juzzo. Sorry I was out of town so only just catching up on this.

Yes, I can say the first one in the morning was the hardest for me too. When I was smoking my routine was to get out of bed and grab the tobacco as soon as my feet hit the floor. I'd be heading out the back door rolling my first smoke before I was properly awake. Sometimes I'd stop to put the kettle on first, but often not - the ciggy was way more important.

It might help to have your spare setup or at least a spare tank with some 18mg/ml unflavoured (or flavoured) in it for the first morning nic fix. The sooner you get your nic levels up to "normal" the sooner it stops being a problem. It helps if you do some nose exhales too because the nicotine will absorb faster in the nasal passages than it will in the lungs. At first I still went outside for that first vape out of habit, then I realised it was just silly and I didn't need to - breaking that habit helped a lot too, so see if there are any "triggers" you are still doing but which could be easily avoided.

After only a few weeks that should settle down a lot and the frantic urges that you will get now from time to time will happen less and less.

Be prepared for some surprises. Tobacco got its hooks into you over many years, and it's got a range of little tricks like this to try and claw you back into its dirty little clutches. These things always worked in the past, but now you've got vaping. There's plenty of us been there, know what it's like, and are cheering for you.
    Thanks for the encouragement Fab. Yes, only this morning I went straight outside for a vape, had a couple vapes and thought I can do this inisde, so went back inside and put the kettle on while vaping! I'll try the nostril exhale and stronger nic in the mornings, thanks. All this encouragement is really helping, thank you so much.
    Total noob, but very interested in vaping and want to give up the cigs.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Well done Juzzo keep going, unflavoured is a misleading name I reckon, you can taste the nic and the sweetness of Vg so there is flavour, even water tastes like water haha. It was my ADV till I bought this bloody vgod tank now I've been corrupted with the best tasting Ry4 ever, molinberry know there stuff and it tastes so damn good through this thing I can't put it down.
    You're dead right emu, slight sweetness and nic flavour, just what I like I think.
    I want to try other tobacco flavours but I'm not a real sweet tooth and don't really like vanilla.
    I have some RY4 and Winnie Blue, so will definitely vape them.

Cheers mate.

I'll just mention the Vaporesso Drizzle starter kit has not leaked one drop and although I am a noob of the highest order, imo is a fantastic starter kit.
    I work on a newspaper press 2 days a week and I'm on my knees, bending over and sometimes laying down on the ground, twisting etc and has survived in my pocket no worries. Battery lasts all day for MTL.
    I have the airflow almost shut off but that is fine. Have tried a few DLs with airflow open and is ok too.

emu
    AVF Regular
    All these Chinese mods and tanks are very good Juzzo whether it's Smok, Eleaf, iJoy, Vaporesso etc they're all massed produced and similar in quality with virtually the same coil systems, they've come a long way and do the job really well nowadays.
    They're so easy just screw in a coil, prime, fill and vape and the coils are lasting 2 weeks and longer no worries, we're starting to find that a lot are even interchangeable so you get a choice of different brands for the same tank.
    Some of them even make RBA decks (rebuildable atomizer) so you can roll your own wire and wick it yourself, It's the equivalent of tailor mades and rollies only a lot safer and cheaper and much more enjoyable.

I may be getting ahead of myself here but we are going on a cruise next March up the QLD coast from Sydney.
    Has anyone had any problems vaping on a cruise ship or their gear getting checked out by security etc?
    Still no cigs since 6th Sept.
    I'd be lying if I said I don't feel like a Winnie Blue rollie but managed not to so far.
    The urges are diminishing for a cig though.
    Haven't mixed my own yet but will take emu's advice and will be mixing soon.
    Unflavoured is getting the job done, I really like it.
    gtadmin and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    I can't search because I'm on my crappy broken phone, with crappy tapatalk, but if you use the search option vaping on cruises has been discussed in the last few months.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    Juzzo likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

I may be getting ahead of myself here but we are going on a cruise next March up the QLD coast from Sydney.
    Has anyone had any problems vaping on a cruise ship or their gear getting checked out by security etc?
    Still no cigs since 6th Sept.
    I'd be lying if I said I don't feel like a Winnie Blue rollie but managed not to so far.
    The urges are diminishing for a cig though.
    Haven't mixed my own yet but will take emu's advice and will be mixing soon.
    Unflavoured is getting the job done, I really like it.
    Did a cruise in July from Brisbane to North Qld and took 100 ml of juice and 3 devices with no problems going through security. You have to vape in designated smoking areas but I vaped in my balcony room with no problems, advantage vaping no smells.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Juzzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blox4u View Post
    Did a cruise in July from Brisbane to North Qld and took 100 ml of juice and 3 devices with no problems going through security. You have to vape in designated smoking areas but I vaped in my balcony room with no problems, advantage vaping no smells.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info blox4u.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011