Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: First post Newbie

AVF Regular
    Hello and welcome. You come to the right place. The gang here are more than supportive.

I finally stop my smoking for 1 month now. Very please with it. Don't give up I did get encouragement from the group to get me over it as well.

I do go to the same journey that thinking tobacco flavour is the thing to go at the start. I still do vape tobacco flavour on my second mod but my main mod I vape fruit/drink flavour.

One of the easiest flavour for me to receive is coffee flavour as I like to drink it. But any other dessert or fruit are very different as even if they are the same EX lemonade. Different manufacture can be world apart in flavour.

My personal suggestion is like mess said in term of the mod, get a decent one for now. You will definitely upgrade once you know what you like.

But the one that get me over is the ADV, which is the juice that you like so much at that time that when you get back to lit a cig, you though of why do I smoke this tasteless stinky when I can get it from flavoured juice.

I never make my own juice and always go premium juice. Yes it can be more expensive but I believe it can make me stop smoking faster as DIY juice is a learning process on its own.

One of the good one if you willing to spend is vaporfi juice. Their catch ya latte and raspberry mocha are highly regarded

On the side note, do not buy Chinese juice thinking it's safe money. Most of the one I bought from 3Fvape went in the bin.

Good luck we are here to help

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post
    Long way south of Alice, Kadina, Yorke Peninsula.
    Good dirt kart track there, did the State titles there in 1999
    fabricator4, DocM and Juzzo like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks everyone for the tips, links and words of encouragement, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Yup im with Cams...the natural instinct is to go tobacco vapes when trying to transition to vaping, but you will prolly find like myself and many others that you will quickly learn to hate tobacco vapes - i lasted 2 weeks before i went off it, and ive tried real extracted tobacco juices a few times since i started vaping and every time it has reinforced for me that i will never smoke again (not to mention even the whiff of a real cigarette quite a bit quicker than you'd think). As Cam says pick other non-tobacco flavours as well, fruits are generally a good bet...i went form tobacco flavour to blueberry for instance, and the blueberry was far better than the synthetic tobacco...which brings me to mentioning dont expect to find a tobacco flavour that tastes even close to a real cigarette, unless its a naturally extracted (and expensive) one. These are the only ones ive ever found to get close, the rest are facsimiles of tobacco, close but no cigar. So dont tie your transition attempt to trying to get an exact match for a winnie blue...grab other flavours, you'll likely do much better than trying tobacco flavours only, being underimpressed and reaching for the cancer sticks....

Ready to vape juices are perhaps perfect for the initial transition, but they can be the most expensive way to vape, later on diy (by buying nicotine base from overseas - recommendation from people here, and mixing with locally bought PG and VG, plus your choice of local or OS flavours) will make it far cheaper. Ill also mention my baby, unflavoured...that is just nicotine base + VG + PG...no flavouring. when i first started i assumed you had to have flavouring in your juice as it must taste awful without, but no...a member mentioned "have you tried unflavored?" on here over 2 years ago (and fairly early on to me starting) and it was like a revelation, and thats what ive vaped for over 2 years almost entirely (apart from a few days here and there trying flavours, that ultimately disappointed). Which is part of the reason i mention it...for those who find flavours disappointing, unflavoured can be a lifesaver...i literally do not know what id have done when i got so sick of disappointing flavours without it. Unflavoured is also the cheapest way to vape, my current weekly outlay for vaping (using rebuildable tanks, where i build the coils myself) and the way i vape/amount of juice i use, which is low, is a massive $0.47, youre not misreading that, 47 cents...its a total mindfudge after 35+ years of smoking and the ever increasing cost...when i started smokes were $1.20 a pack...

Ask any questions you like, theres no dumb questions here, only odd people to answer them

As for gear, you say you had an iStick 60W tc kit, im assuming with a Melo tank?

I wouldnt necessarily call going to vapresso starter style kit like the Drizzle a step forward, unless you prefer a tubular style device over a box mod style device.
    For many reasons, least of all battery time - tube style = less battery time than box mod (which itself can be either inbuilt battery or changeable batteries - further enhancing run time). Tube style starter kit generally have a 1000mah battery +500mah..a box mod with a changeable battery means you can swap 2500/3000mah batteries at will...of course this means you will usually want a multi bay external battery charger and multiple batteries - this is what most of us do. Want a box mod with a longer running battery than the average tube style starter kit mod? well they make those two...right up to the 5000mah internal battery powered Evic VT/VTwo. My first friend i converted didnt want to be charging batteries, so i got him 2 x Evic VT's (5000mah each, one on charge or as backup, and one in use) and he's still using them 2 years later, not even slightly interested in buying any different gear since he got them. Which brings me to, if you want your best chance at giving up the fags, the juice is only half the equation, get good gear, and get a backup..i.e. buy 2 devices..always have a backup...especially if youre going the tube style starter kit devices...not only because they have less battery power

There will be a lot of info to absorb along the way, especially with suggestions, dont be afraid, we've all been where you are now...

Some common vendors basic devices pages - explore beyond the starter kit areas at your leisure and feel free to ask for feedback/suggestions or anything youre interested in

VapeKing Starter Kits (top tip, generally if youre buying a common tank that uses prebuilt and common coils, VapeKing will usually be cheapest, but always check around just in case)

https://vapoureyes.com.au/ (main page, cant link direct to starter page, due to the design)

https://www.wickandwireco.com.au/col...urne-australia

These are just the 3 most commonly used local vendors i have bookmarked, theres more out there.

The general rule on buying gear (hardware) is if you want it really quick, buy locally
    If you want it cheap and are prepared to wait (sometimes at worst up to a month), buy overseas
    RE tube style starter kit. I am thinking a discrete set up for taking to work. The Vaporesso Drizzle looks an ideal size to just jam in my pocket and go and from what I've watched on youtube has plenty of good reviews and has air flow control and top fill. A lot of the other starter pen style kits seem too long. Also I am not after big chucking clouds to start with, just something I can use when ducking out the back of work to have a few puffs. I have my Eleaf TC 60W at home to use and experiment with different wattages/temps but that might not be suitable for MTL, but I can go DTL to change it up.
    Not too sure where to purchase the Drizzle or similar from though?

Thanks for all the info
    stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post
    RE tube style starter kit. I am thinking a discrete set up for taking to work. The Vaporesso Drizzle looks an ideal size to just jam in my pocket and go and from what I've watched on youtube has plenty of good reviews and has air flow control and top fill. A lot of the other starter pen style kits seem too long. Also I am not after big chucking clouds to start with, just something I can use when ducking out the back of work to have a few puffs. I have my Eleaf TC 60W at home to use and experiment with different wattages/temps but that might not be suitable for MTL, but I can go DTL to change it up.
    Not too sure where to purchase the Drizzle or similar from though?

Thanks for all the info
    Vaporesso Drizzle $24 from Fasttech. I recommend that anything you buy from Fasttech get the $2 Australian Expedited shipping (Aussie Post Air Express). The problem here is that since it has a battery it won't be elligible for Australian Expedited, and its stock situation is 7 days before they get it. That means you wouldn't have it for at least three to four weeks. I can't find it available in Australia, but you could try Heaven Gifts, Gear Best, and Health Cabin.

The length of a device normally isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not a monster - most smaller tube and box styles are fairly pocket friendly.

Kanger T18 1000 mAh battery same as the Drizzle, but much longer
    Aspire K4 2000 mAh battery and about halfway in size between T18 and Drizzle
    Aspire Pockex is 1500 mAh, barely 2cm longer than the Drizzle, and is probably one of the devices I would have recommend for you. It's an excellent MTL vape.

I give links to VapeKing because I've dealt with them many times and the service has always been excellent. Their prices are usually pretty fair too. If you buy an in-stock item from an Australian supplier you should have it in two to three days to country areas.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-08-17 at 01:08 PM.
    Fatman, stylemessiah and Juzzo like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Okay, so i found the Vaporesso Drizzle in Oz, from this mob..a (new to me) mob in Melbourne. I had a gander around their site generally and their prices are very reasonable.

Drizzle Kit:

https://www.vapora.com.au/products/v...nt=41643943824

Replacement coils (also linked on Drizzle page):

https://www.vapora.com.au/collection...c-coils-5-pack

They have a B&M too in Carnegie for our Victorian friends

I will also backup Fabs comments about the other tanks, and ive tried and tested, and given away a PockeX kit in the past to someone who successfully quit smokes using it..if you decide to get one of those, please dont do what i did and assume you can use the higher ohm/more MTL coils on it (ask me about that drama if youre bored, most expensive coil purchase for as newbie drama in history), you can only use 0.6ohm SS PockeX coils in the PockeX tank, NOT the 1.5 or 1.8 ohm kanthal coils
    fabricator4 and Juzzo like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Vaporesso Drizzle $24 from Fasttech. I recommend that anything you buy from Fasttech get the $2 Australian Expedited shipping (Aussie Post Air Express). The problem here is that since it has a battery it won't be elligible for Australian Expedited, and its stock situation is 7 days before they get it. That means you wouldn't have it for at least three to four weeks. I can't find it available in Australia, but you could try Heaven Gifts, Gear Best, and Health Cabin.

The length of a device normally isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not a monster - most smaller tube and box styles are fairly pocket friendly.

Kanger T18 1000 mAh battery same as the Drizzle, but much longer
    Aspire K4 2000 mAh battery and about halfway in size between T18 and Drizzle
    Aspire Pockex is 1500 mAh, barely 2cm longer than the Drizzle, and is probably one of the devices I would have recommend for you. It's an excellent MTL vape.

I give links to VapeKing because I've dealt with them many times and the service has always been excellent. Their prices are usually pretty fair too. If you buy an in-stock item from an Australian supplier you should have it in two to three days to country areas.
    Thanks for the info Fabricator, will check them out. Was set on the Aspire PockeX but has no air flow but the Drizzle does.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Okay, so i found the Vaporesso Drizzle in Oz, from this mob..a (new to me) mob in Melbourne. I had a gander around their site generally and their prices are very reasonable.

Drizzle Kit:

https://www.vapora.com.au/products/v...nt=41643943824

Replacement coils (also linked on Drizzle page):

https://www.vapora.com.au/collection...c-coils-5-pack

They have a B&M too in Carnegie for our Victorian friends

I will also backup Fabs comments about the other tanks, and ive tried and tested, and given away a PockeX kit in the past to someone who successfully quit smokes using it..if you decide to get one of those, please dont do what i did and assume you can use the higher ohm/more MTL coils on it (ask me about that drama if youre bored, most expensive coil purchase for as newbie drama in history), you can only use 0.6ohm SS PockeX coils in the PockeX tank, NOT the 1.5 or 1.8 ohm kanthal coils
    Thank you so much, will check it out.

AVF Regular
    Hey Juzzo, now you are of age, check this and join in.
    HiLIQ 2nd Year Anniversarry Weekly Draw!
    stylemessiah and Juzzo like this.
    Most metaphors do not bear up to close scrutiny

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I started with a tobacco flavour, it's what worked for me. After I went off tobacco flavours I tried fruits and deserts but didn't find anything I could vape all the time. Eventually I went with a light tobacco flavour that had so little in it, it almost was unflavoured, and I stayed with that exclusively for a few years. These days I'm starting to like my flavours a bit more, and my ADV (all day vape) has a bit more flavouring in it than it used to, but I'm still loving it.

We all have a different journey. If something isn't working, it just means you have to try the next thing, but yes if you find yourself in a bad place with flavours, there's *always* unflavoured. Enjoy your journey...
    Out of interest Fab, what is that light tobacco flavour?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast