Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Newbie needing help

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Newbie needing help

First timer here. First purchase of nicotine and it has been stopped in customs in Sydney (been sitting as a "clearance event for 6 days so far) . They are continually requesting a description of the item, value and ID for the importer. From information I can see with DHL they have listed the consignment as "inhaler insert". Of course DHL sent the commercial invoice stating "nicotine " to border force to verify value and well now I'm not sure what to do. I live in Brisbane. Any/all help appreciated. I'm now too worried ordering more.

AVF Regular
    From my understanding DHL should handle all customs clearance problems so unless you have ordered a huge amount it should pass eventually

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IBE04 View Post
    First timer here. First purchase of nicotine and it has been stopped in customs in Sydney (been sitting as a "clearance event for 6 days so far) . They are continually requesting a description of the item, value and ID for the importer. From information I can see with DHL they have listed the consignment as "inhaler insert". Of course DHL sent the commercial invoice stating "nicotine " to border force to verify value and well now I'm not sure what to do. I live in Brisbane. Any/all help appreciated. I'm now too worried ordering more.
    Hello and welcome to AVF!

What was the origin vendor? Who is contacting you seeking info? What I can't answer someone else can.
    Last edited by DocM; 27-08-17 at 01:03 AM.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

Hi there. Through Vapoureyes NZ. Theyve apparently sent stiff to DHL. DHL then has been requested by customs/border force for more info. That has subsequently been sent via email to me.
    DocM likes this.

Well DHL dont seem to be doing much. It's $25 yet it's still pending "clearance event " stating customs to review verificationpaper work. Is it because I'm in QLD. Or are they trying to build a case given they want my full ID, full description of goods (which may state one thing on the packaging and invoice reading another) and the value I paid. Seems alot of effort for one item. I'm a little apprehensive in replying.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    I can tell you one thing if they were building any case the last person they would tell is you.
    As far as confiscating goes they just do it and tell you via mail letting you know the reason why.

I think its just one of those unusual checks customs has and all the info being asked for is just DHL normal clearance procedure for clearance problems

If you are really worried phone VE in adelaide and see if they can get you any extra information.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    I would assume that you are discussing this with the supplier - they would probably be the best people to be talking to and VE have excellent customer service via email
    fabricator4 and DocM like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    I agree with Lynne - contact the VaporEyes and see if they can help. VaporEyes NZ might have to follow this through from their end, since the shipping contract is between them and DHL.

It's nothing to do with you being in Queensland. Queensland departments have no jurisdiction in a federal department (customs) even inside Queensland.

Seems to be a red tape issue.

I have heard of one other report that is exactly the same as this one, same NZ supplier. I don't know if that one has been resolved yet.

ETA: I've got some feelers out to see if there are other cases. It could be red tape, it could customs trying to figure out how they are going to police the removal of the tax free threshhold (good luck with that one) or it could just be a comedy of errors that happened to two people in the exact same circumstances.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 27-08-17 at 01:04 PM.
    DocM likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Hiya, I'm the same person you spoke with few days ago. So it's just the same incident. I've been liaising with both VE and DHL and instead it seems DHL is offloading to customs who are emailing me requesting I reply with details to border force email. WTF.

Anyone happy to order me stuff and I pay you instead? Ughh. Too bloody paranoid now.
    DocM likes this.

Oh many emails have changed hands.
    You can see they are getting Jack of it too. I'm sceptical of what they are doing to be honest. Would it not be suss if they are packaging item as inhaler insert and then giving them a invoice stating nicotine. How do VE normally describe the contents on their package?
    QUOTE=1ynne;901335]I would assume that you are discussing this with the supplier - they would probably be the best people to be talking to and VE have excellent customer service via email [/QUOTE]
    DocM likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast