Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Throat hit?

Throat hit?

Hi guys,

Recieved my first e cig just yesterday, its a very standard type one that looks like a cigarette.

I got 15 cartridges with it and a bottle of nicotine e juice (its malboro flavour and I can't say I enjoy it)

The cartridges didn't have nicotine but the supplier told me I could add a few drops of juice to them.

The problem I have is that I really want to stop smoking, I love the idea of vaping, but I can't seem to get that throat hit and am not sure of all the lingo on the forum just yet.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Hi,

welcome to the forum.

Can you give us some more information on the brand of ecig, where you got it etc?

It might help in understanding the problem.

What it sounds like, at this stage, is that there is non-nicotine liquid already inside the cartridges, so even if you drop a couple or a few drops of juice in there, it's just being diluted by whatever is already in there and thus meaning you are only getting a very small fraction of the new juice you are dripping in. If that's the case, it is why you are not getting much throat hit and possibly why the flavour is sucking also.

Anyway, let us know the brand, website, link to the actual kit you bought etc.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    Hi new and welcome
    It isnt easy being a newbie
    A few questions might help us

what brand of ecig did you get
    where did you get it
    what strength of nicotine ejuice did you get
    were the cartridges empty when you bought them
    MissMist likes this.

Yer.. if they're empty.. you simply not be dripping enough drops on it.. could be a lot of things.. until we know more about the ecig, it's hard to tell.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Also if the cartridges are pre-loaded with non nicotine flavour then it's likely thats it's a different flavour to the nicotine flavour you have in the bottle, mixing the 2 diff flavours could account for the taste. Btw if they are not pre-loaded then the foamy stuff inside the cartridges will be dry, in that case make sure the polyfill is soaked through before vaping, a few drops won't be enough.

Let us know the PG/VG ratio & nic mg if you know them

wow, thanks for all the fast responses!

I got the ultimate starter kit from ecigarettesrus.com.au.

Yes the cartridges are non nicotine tobacco flavour and the liquid is nicotine flavoured tobacco
    It doesn't say how much nicotine it just says "low" so I'm guessing maybe 6mg?

hope this is enough info?

I smoke peter stuyvesant classic so was hoping for something similar.

If it comes from Aus, They are not allowed to sell anything with nic juice in it so it may just be a "nicotine flavour" with no nicotine as such which is probably why you are getting no throat hit...

Ohhh I've been ripped off then! just tried adding the juice and got liquid all in my mouth ew!

Ok so where do all the aussies get their nicotine and tobacco type flavours from?

It does for some reason look on their website as though they have a nicotine based juice... Strange as in Australia law governs that no nicotine products for e-cigarettes can be sold (This is why we have to purchase from China/USA/UK for our nicotine products and then purchase "Doublers" from Aus vendors to DIY, or premixed bottles containing Nicotine)

Newvaper - could you also please add which ultimate starter it was (I saw classic/ego/510)

CCC
    6mg is definatly low, i used 6mg when i started out and there was no throat hit. 18mg is about where it starts to kick in.

I would either try to remove the prefilled liquid out of the cartos you have then fill them back up with the nic liquid, or buy some empty cartos and start over, and you will need to buy some stronger nic liquid.
    Last edited by CCC; 03-04-12 at 03:40 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast