Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Smoke and Mirrors

Smoke and Mirrors

Evening all,

Firstly, hope all of you are well and secondly hope some of you are willing to help me out of this hole i appear to have dug myself into (insert blonde moment)

Basically I am at that stage where I am ready to stop smoking as I only enjoy certain ones. i am sure most of you know the ones i mean, in the morning, after dinner etc. But due to my working environment (training manager) I am either stuck at a desk all day or standing in for sick trainers surrounded by smoking students all day. Neither is conducive to going cold turkey

I therefore had this idea of pure genius (2nd blonde moment) and decided I would try vaping using a cut down to a weaker strength in my vapes as I felt comfortable. I made the decision to source information on vaping and techniques etc hoping I guess like most that it would be a simple easy process to pick up and master (3rd blonde moment)

I have been reading quite a few different forums both here in Oz and OS, have manged to totally confuzzle the hell out of myself (normal male moment) and decided that the only way to see through the smoke (pun intended) was to do what all males hate to do and ask for help (male evolution!). I finally decided on posting on this forum as reading the threads here was easy and at all times i felt comfy like it would be easy to be welcomed into the community.

Now i have managed to dribble this far (old age) i guess my intentions are the following. To start with vaping, slowly as I feel comfortable cut down on the nic level, find some good flavours and meet some good people (hopefully some of you) The terminology seemed easy then I confuzzled myself after about 4 forums and 300 threads to the point I went outside had a smoke and questioned my sanity (daily event). I believe in quality so don't mind paying more for something I can grow into with practice when it comes to mastering it (male ego full steam ahead) I have read you can buy and import a 3 month supply max at a time but then throw in strength etc I am lost in working out what is a realistic amount. If it helps I currently smoke LongBeach blue which in the old scale were about 8mg and amount a day varies depending on students, workload, time driving, students and lastly students......

I apologise for the long post (determined to cover everything but know will miss 3/4).

Oh i should also mention I seen another member here from Rocky so also messaged him asking if we could talk so I could get some advice from a local as well (hope thats allowed)

Hope you all can help with some friendly advice.

Cheers
    Mushman and timeout like this.
    Information can be the strength you never had

500ml of 48mg or 100mg will do the trick. I bought a 500ml bottle of 100mg about 6 months ago and am only now just getting close to the half way point.
    Oh and welcome aboard, Im sure others will have alot more info at hand, I seem to have dug myself into a rutt and am not quite 100% up with the trends >.<
    JuiceWhore Sig

#1 on the spaceship
    Pro-Hairy dual weilder !

Thanks for the reply mate. I sort of stopped following trends as my hair became thinner so if a trend is involved I am in deep trouble.......
    eTama likes this.
    Information can be the strength you never had

AVF Regular
    Are you vaping yet LS or just thinking about doing it?
    Also I am curious as to your age ??? ( you mentioned old age?)

And welcome here too
    Last edited by margyb; 03-04-12 at 11:18 PM.

Hey LS,
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeSaver View Post
    If it helps I currently smoke LongBeach blue which in the old scale were about 8mg and amount a day varies depending on students, workload, time driving, students and lastly students......
    Definately buy a nic that you can cut down, like 36MG unflavoured nic, and whilst experimenting with your duoblers ect.. try starting out with 6mg, then go up up and away, or down untill you find your sweetspot. Or you can start higher like 12mg or more.
    Just remember that MG in vaping is not like cigarettes, I used to smoke 12MG Winfield blues so I started at 12MG nicotine mixes and it knocked me back in my chair! Goodluk -LS
    Click to follow me on Twitter @AVapingAffair or my evergrowing collection: Tumblr

Welcome aboard Lifesaver, There is soo much learning yet to do. Best thing is to keep it as simple as possible at the start.

You have to work out what you don't like to then hone in on what you do like.

Healthcabin in China have a great starter pack
    eGo C & Vision eGo Clearomizer Promotion Kit (Zip Case) - $61.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

This is one of the latest systems and is dead easy to use. While you are there you can also order some ejuices to try.

Get small quantities at first until you work out what you like, these are pre mixed for convenience so no need to worry about mixing straight away. Try to get a couple of flavors of every type. ie 2 tobacco 2 fruit 2 drink ect.

Start with some 24mg and some 12mg to work out how strong you like it.

Good luck and may the steam be with you soon.
    Mickg33, margyb, CCC and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I agree with wood duck that is a great starter pack

Do you want tobacco flavours?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by whyieyesyah View Post
    Just remember that MG in vaping is not like cigarettes, I used to smoke 12MG Winfield blues so I started at 12MG nicotine mixes and it knocked me back in my chair! Goodluk -LS
    i smoked winnie blues as well. from personal experience - started vaping 18mg and the transition was nearly instantaneous. as with juice, tobacco is a good base to start out with to cope with cravings. also it's a good habit to reach for the PV first whenever you feel like a durry, and if after 5 mins or so of vaping, then by all means light up. but just keep doing that everytime you feel like a durry and sooner or later, it'll be 2nd nature.

anyway, best of luck on your journey and we're all happy to help.
    CCC likes this.

Hi LifeSaver & welcome, I also used to smoke Longbeach Rich (or Blue) and found vaping 18mg nic really hits the spot for a good transition. I'd recommend getting some 36mg no flaver nicotine from health cabin & mixing it 50/50 with some tobacco doublers from an aussie vendor. I'd also recommend getting an ego-t starters kit at the same time from the same vendor. I also think a 80%/20% PG/VG ratio is a good place for newbies to start. So my advice is to get 36mg no flavour nicotine in 100% PG from Health Cabin & and some doubler flavours in 60% PG/40% VG from an oz vendor and mix them 50/50 to get 16mg 80% PG/20% VG juice.

Also get some 18mg premixed flavours from HC at the same time as the nicotine so you can just vape them straight out of the box if you don't feel comfortable in mixing up the juice yourself.

Good Luck

though i haven't tried them, the ego C trumps the ego T by all reports.
    you will in all likelihood vape around 3ml a day of 24mg/ml nic max.
    so say 75mg of nic a day.
    can use that to gauge what you need timewise.
    eg.

500ml of 48mg/ml nic is 25000 mg of nic, which I make 333 days worth approx.

if you intend to do a second order within a few weeks, usually a good idea, then plan on 2 weeks delivery. so grab youself at least 6 weeks worth of nic juice to start with.
    10ml of 24 would be 3 days roughly .. want 50 days worth minimum, so grab at least 8 bottles of 10ml and the 36mg unflavoured in both PG and VG will not go to waste if you decide to try some local doublers.

i would suggest 4 tobacco, a couple of fruity ones to see if you like them (they give me heartburn) and maybe a coffee, vanilla, caramel type style. these can be mixed with tobaccos and make interesting combos easily. just mix in the ego c tank by eye, 2/3 tobacco, bit of vanilla tc..

as always I recomend grabbing a escond charger and an extra spare ego battery in case of any falures, unlikely but it happens.
    grabbing a few carto types to try just to see if you like them as well.

its pretty simple once you start ..

have fun and don't blow the budget, $100 to $150 will keep you going for months.
    zainwolf likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast