Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New here and already need help !!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    pfft, you lot are soft

3 words

Dry Hit Roulette

Now that was a sitch where there was literally no wick left when we finished ...
    LOL

On a side note - you can get a bit more runtime even with "bunt" coils if you lower the wattage a bit after they taste burnt. They won't taste burnt and will produce flavour again.

Can't speak for the impact on your lungs but you can make them last just a bit longer if need be especially if you're running low on coils.
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _just_get_it_done_ View Post
    LOL

On a side note - you can get a bit more runtime even with "bunt" coils if you lower the wattage a bit after they taste burnt. They won't taste burnt and will produce flavour again.

Can't speak for the impact on your lungs but you can make them last just a bit longer if need be especially if you're running low on coils.
    Oh there's a lot of tricks, like soaking in Vodka to try to get rid of the taste. That requires there to be some wick left though.

Rebuilding is always an option as long as (a) you enjoy working on tiny fiddly little parts and (b) the coil in question lends itself to rebuilding. This is why many of us progress to rebuildable devices sooner or later. Rebuilding satisfies the inner scrooge
    DocM, stylemessiah and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    So i've tried what you said. I primed the atty, filled it and let it soak for 10 mins. Started off on 6W (barely got a cloud as expected) and slowly went up .5 every 4-5 drags. got to about 10 watts and took 3 chain drags and it burnt INSTATNTLY, like throw it away kinda burnt within 30 mins of using it. So i swapped that one out and put a new one (third one in an afternoon :/) and i've gotten it up to 8W now. Too scared to go higher and i wasn't even getting half the flavor i'm used to at 10 watts on the the second one before i burnt it. Oh, and i also managed to screw up the glass threading on my mini and it's stuck on tight, can;t even get the top off with pliers lol

Never mind about that naut mini, the glass just shattered in my hand whilst trying to unscrew it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mazrim View Post
    So i've tried what you said. I primed the atty, filled it and let it soak for 10 mins. Started off on 6W (barely got a cloud as expected) and slowly went up .5 every 4-5 drags. got to about 10 watts and took 3 chain drags and it burnt INSTATNTLY, like throw it away kinda burnt within 30 mins of using it. So i swapped that one out and put a new one (third one in an afternoon :/) and i've gotten it up to 8W now. Too scared to go higher and i wasn't even getting half the flavor i'm used to at 10 watts on the the second one before i burnt it. Oh, and i also managed to screw up the glass threading on my mini and it's stuck on tight, can;t even get the top off with pliers lol
    That's really sounding like a faulty batch of coils. I think there was a batch of nautilus mini coils (and others) where they changed the cotton and it just didn't wick fast enough to keep up with anything. The only thing I can suggest at this point is a new batch of authentic coils from a different supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by mazrim View Post
    Never mind about that naut mini, the glass just shattered in my hand whilst trying to unscrew it.
    Ah, that's bad luck. Don't chuck it out, you should be able to get replacement glasses for only few bucks. I normally have spare glass in my spares box - when you drop them enough times eventually your luck runs out.

To get stuck parts unscrewed, the best tip I have is to wrap rubber bands around the parts. This gives you enough grip to unscrew them without squeezing so hard, so you have much better control. Another tool that is useful is the ceramic tweezers that have grip sections for undoing tank parts like these: https://www.fasttech.com/products/4698000

ETA: the ceramic tweezers are coil building tools for setting up coils while you glow them. You won't need that just yet but they are cheap enough. Another solution is soft grip pliers you can get from hardware stores. They have PVC coatings or blocks on the jaws so they don't mark metal parts, but I wouldn't use them on glass sections because they have a fair amount of leverage:

Last edited by fabricator4; 12-09-17 at 12:28 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Hi Mazrim. Where do you live? Maybe there's a B&M vape shop near where you live that could help you out with new coils or check your set up etc..

AVF Regular
    Put your location in and more than likely someone local will help you.

When you're figuring things out members here will help face to face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not in need of peoples issues

I'm in milton brisbane so i'm sure there's someone nearby.

AVF Regular
    What coils are you using mazrim? Try authentic coils and you should be ok. For the nautilus mini you can get a metallic sleeve with a window in it or glass with metallic on top which does not break that easy.

AVF Regular
    uhhh if still use the T18 tank your covering the airflow holes that are on the bottom

also the T18 coils is roulette with what ones are bad
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast