Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New here and already need help !!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

New here and already need help !!

Hey guys, just started out here and it seems like a lovely community.
    Was wondering if i could grab some help. I recently bought an Asipire Archon box and put a T22 Prism tank on it. The whole mod is a bit confusing and the manual is impossible to follow. I've got it sitting on 12W and it's not giving me any flavor at all, i tried the Archon with a nautilus mini and a nautilus X MTL. All three are giving me absolutely ZERO flavour in comparison to the Aspire K2 pen that I was using before hand. Any help on how to fix this would be wonderful.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well number 1 is if its showing W on the screen and you have it at 12 its working in the simplest and most common mode..Wattage mode, so none of the other settings its capable of (temp etc) have any bearing on it.

What does the coil resistance measure on the K2 versus the Archon...same or different?

Meanwhile i looked at the manual and the product page is prolly more easy to understand lol : Aspire Archon - Aspire

I also checked out the firmware updates and none ive yet looked at seem to mention fixing a wattage bug, mostly because its really unlikely to be that...Aspire aint gonna make a mistake with wattage mode.
    DocM likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mazrim View Post
    Hey guys, just started out here and it seems like a lovely community.
    Was wondering if i could grab some help. I recently bought an Asipire Archon box and put a T22 Prism tank on it. The whole mod is a bit confusing and the manual is impossible to follow. I've got it sitting on 12W and it's not giving me any flavor at all, i tried the Archon with a nautilus mini and a nautilus X MTL. All three are giving me absolutely ZERO flavour in comparison to the Aspire K2 pen that I was using before hand. Any help on how to fix this would be wonderful.
    That's very odd. Make sure you are not in TC (temperature control) mode or something, but I can't see how that would be possible, or how it would give you that kind of result on a kanthal coil (as apposed to a stainless steel TC one).

Is the atomiser making a quiet sizzling noise when you vape on it? Loss of flavour for no other apparent reason can be caused by the temperature being too high OR too low.

If the atomiser is not making any noise try turning the power up in half watt steps and try at each point.

If the atomiser is making a more fierce sizzling noise than normal, or is popping constantly then try turning the power down.

If the coil has been burnt previously, or is at the end of it's life then the flavour and vapour will drop off and may even taste bad. Sometimes a faulty coil will act strangely as well. Try replacing the coil and see if that helps.

Oh, and congrats for finding vaping to get off the death sticks ;-)
    DocM likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Unfortunately I don't have access to the K2 anymore so i can't check the resistance. I feel like i've screwed some of the settings up on it as i'm getting a horrible metallic from the nautilus X and the new T18(not T22 i typod the one from before.) I might even be just burning the coils straight up but it tastes more metallic than burnt.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Unfortunately I don't have access to the K2 anymore so i can't check the resistance. I feel like i've screwed some of the settings up on it as i'm getting a horrible metallic from the nautilus X and the new T18(not T22 i typod the one from before.) I might even be just burning the coils straight up but it tastes more metallic than burnt.
    12 watts with 1.8 coils if they are which might be too high even if itís within the recommended range. I vape mine at 8 watts. Your nautilus coil also might be 1.2 or 1.6 which might require a bit more wattage than 8. I would stay within a watt or two from the low range.

Try putting a new coil in and make sure you leave it saturated for 5 ~ 10 minutes.

Start with the lowest recommended range and work your way up if you need to.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    I might even be just burning the coils straight up but it tastes more metallic than burnt.
    That's actually all too easy to do. It's vitally important to prime the coils when you first insert them by putting some drops of e-liquid straight onto the coil and the wick inside. This ensures that the wick is already wet and ready to go. If you don't, surface tension can hold the liquid out of the coil for a period, and this can give a pretty definite burnt metallic taste.

Chuck a new coil in it and make sure it is well primed. Next turn the power down to minimum (usually about 6 watts or so) and try it. You shouldn't get much vapour.

Next turn it up one watt at a time and try it each time. Once you start getting some vapour, keep turning it up in half watt increments until you get it to where it tastes like it is supposed to.

Once you get some experience you'll know immediately if a coil is burning or has been burnt, and you'll be able to avoid that situation easily in the future.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    That's actually all too easy to do. It's vitally important to prime the coils when you first insert them by putting some drops of e-liquid straight onto the coil and the wick inside. This ensures that the wick is already wet and ready to go. If you don't, surface tension can hold the liquid out of the coil for a period, and this can give a pretty definite burnt metallic taste.

Chuck a new coil in it and make sure it is well primed. Next turn the power down to minimum (usually about 6 watts or so) and try it. You shouldn't get much vapour.

Next turn it up one watt at a time and try it each time. Once you start getting some vapour, keep turning it up in half watt increments until you get it to where it tastes like it is supposed to.

Once you get some experience you'll know immediately if a coil is burning or has been burnt, and you'll be able to avoid that situation easily in the future.
    Thanks for a more descriptive response Fab!
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _just_get_it_done_ View Post
    Thanks for a more descriptive response Fab!
    We were writing answers at the same time

Hopefully this fixes Mazrim's problem. A metallic taste is a hot coil with not much wick left, and is not pleasant.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular

Hopefully this fixes Mazrim's problem. A metallic taste is a hot coil with not much wick left, and is not pleasant.
    pfft, you lot are soft

3 words

Dry Hit Roulette

Now that was a sitch where there was literally no wick left when we finished ...
    DocM likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular

We are just very keen to help!
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast