Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mid Level Recommendations

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Mid Level Recommendations

Hi all,

I quit vaping a few years ago when the nic battle in QLD was beginning and foolishly went back to cigs. During that time I have also given away all mods etc but now I am at the point I just don't want to be bound to cigarettes anymore.

The advice I am hoping to receive is along the lines of what mid range mods have people enjoyed using and would recommend ?

I know being in QLD I can't have nic and to be honest I am not game to try importing under the current system lol. However this is balanced by another medical issue that most don't think of. I am a diagnosed celiac (gluten free) since birth so the only way I have ever tasted some flavours is by vaping. I miss those flavours and the joy of finding new ones that are close to foods I can't have lol.

So any recommendations for a mid level set up that will give good smoke and taste ?

Thanks in advance :-)

AVF Regular
    The DNA75 mods are good. There's a bunch of them around.

In terms of atomisers, I can only comment on RDA, not tanks. But hadaly, narda, mulciber, goon, wasp, gorge are some decent ones

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    My daily tooter is either a Lost Vape Epetite DNA60 topped with a Wotofo Serpent SMM on top or an Artery Nugget V2 with a Hotcig Smart tank on top of it.

The first, single coil, enough vapour to keep me happy (not clouds, not lethargic) and it just works. Designed from the get-go to be 'mid range' as it won't happily do clouds and won't happily do MTL. Rebuildable only, so you'd need to get into making and wicking coils for it which is another rabbit hole to delve down into.

The second, it travels exceedingly well and will do the stealthy MTL with the airflow wound all the way down or a modest mid-range DL with plenty of flavour. There are several specific liquids I use with this one that are quite a bit stronger than I could use with the first set up. To be honest, if I had to have only one, this would be it along with a large supply of coils for the tank as they're too much trouble to rebuild.

Maybe not exactly what you are after, but I hope it's a starting point. Basically a single cell mod (heaps of them out there) or something with a built in battery of up to 3000maH should be powerful enough for what you're after. A single coil rebuildable atomiser of tank or drip style should be enough OR something that uses pre-made coils (easier to get started) that have a single coil, not looking like Swiss cheese with coils and holes all through it.

Lots of choices out there, and if you need to pick between bits of kit, ask here. Someone is bound to have used one and can tell you how it works for them. And that's the important thing, everyone is different and there's no 'one thing' that makes everyone happy. The two I've listed above are the current go-to things I use at the tail end of a road littered with gear that worked well, did not work well at all and everything in between and what worked well a year ago wouldn't be so today.

(Maybe I've got a little shiny-itis too. That doesn't help...)

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilating Pupils View Post
    Hi all,

I quit vaping a few years ago when the nic battle in QLD was beginning and foolishly went back to cigs. During that time I have also given away all mods etc but now I am at the point I just don't want to be bound to cigarettes anymore.

The advice I am hoping to receive is along the lines of what mid range mods have people enjoyed using and would recommend ?

I know being in QLD I can't have nic and to be honest I am not game to try importing under the current system lol. However this is balanced by another medical issue that most don't think of. I am a diagnosed celiac (gluten free) since birth so the only way I have ever tasted some flavours is by vaping. I miss those flavours and the joy of finding new ones that are close to foods I can't have lol.

So any recommendations for a mid level set up that will give good smoke and taste ?

Thanks in advance :-)
    The technology has changed a bit in the last two or three years, so it's not clear what is the best atomiser to recommend. MTL (mouth to lung) which most closely simulates smoking would be the Nautilus 2 for a tank. Svoe Mesto have a new Kayfun RTA coming out - the Prime, which looks like it will be great for MTL in a rebuildable device. Tight draw RDAs (drippers) are a bit fewer and far between. There has been stuff released recently though.

I'm a restricted direct lung (DL) vaper and like the Kayfun 5 and Kanger Subtanks minis, and the NarDA for an RDA.

If you want huge open cloudsbro stuff (an unlikely step for you right now if I understand correctly, but possible down the track) then some of the other recommendations might suit you better - baby beast for a tank, but there's an awful lot of RTAs and RDAs on the market now. Maybe check out some reviews and ask questions about it here. DJLSBvapes does great reviews on this sort thing. Legion vapes is Australian and does mixed reviews. Look at current reviews not old stuff (except maybe the Nautilus) because things are changing faster than ever.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Oh, and I meant to address the nicotine issue:

Vapers in Queensland still get there nicotine from overseas. hiliq.com is a very popular source, as in Mixology NZ and VapourEyes NZ. Problems with Nicotine from NZ were solved simply by these companies not using Toll, or not using toll routes that land in Brisbane direct from NZ. Hiliq has never been a problem.

The only cases where vapers in Queensland has had a problem were one person got a malicious neighbor complaint to Queensland Health, and where Toll in Brisbane contacted Queensland Health directly. (see the common element in the last bit?)

No one else in Queensland gives a rats A if you vape nicotine. Not Customs, not Queensland police.

We just keep our heads down and don't go looking for trouble. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Oh, and I meant to address the nicotine issue:

Vapers in Queensland still get there nicotine from overseas. hiliq.com is a very popular source, as in Mixology NZ and VapourEyes NZ. Problems with Nicotine from NZ were solved simply by these companies not using Toll, or not using toll routes that land in Brisbane direct from NZ. Hiliq has never been a problem.

The only cases where vapers in Queensland has had a problem were one person got a malicious neighbor complaint to Queensland Health, and where Toll in Brisbane contacted Queensland Health directly. (see the common element in the last bit?)

No one else in Queensland gives a rats A if you vape nicotine. Not Customs, not Queensland police.

We just keep our heads down and don't go looking for trouble. It's fine.
    Hi mate, I was reading through threads and seen the bit about TOLL. It was dated a few months ago so wasn't sure where that situation was at. As it seems to be mainly an issue with the international depot side of things I was toying with giving it a go through Sydney etc as I seen mentioned. I am currently looking at websites of QLD based businesses to get more info on the set ups mentioned. The joy of living in Rocky is the only thing close is the road out of town lol

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilating Pupils View Post
    Hi mate, I was reading through threads and seen the bit about TOLL. It was dated a few months ago so wasn't sure where that situation was at. As it seems to be mainly an issue with the international depot side of things I was toying with giving it a go through Sydney etc as I seen mentioned. I am currently looking at websites of QLD based businesses to get more info on the set ups mentioned. The joy of living in Rocky is the only thing close is the road out of town lol

Yep, I'm about 300k north of you.

There's no need to worry too much about Toll. NZ companies are now very much aware of the situation and know what to avoid. Hiliq is still a good alternative too, and was never affected.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, I'm about 300k north of you.

There's no need to worry too much about Toll. NZ companies are now very much aware of the situation and know what to avoid. Hiliq is still a good alternative too, and was never affected.
    Hiliq is not loading at all for me, keeps timing out and have been trying on and off for a few hours. I will give it another go later tonight and see what happens. Also probably another silly question, but what quantities are people usually buying ? I would like to get enough for 6 months or so but will that draw extra attention ?
    Last edited by Dilating Pupils; 11-10-17 at 05:41 PM.

AVF Regular
    I, and many others buy 1 litre at a time, with no issue whatsoever. It is more expensive per ml to buy smaller amounts, but in the grand scheme of things (compared to cigarettes), it is pocket change. With that in mind, you might like to buy say 100ml, to get a feel for the process, and make sure the product meets your expectations, and then follow it up in a couple of months, with a larger order.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    I just logged into my HILIQ account no problems. Saw they are now doing glass bottles, if you want.

Try this link https://www.hiliq.com/en/unflavored-...s-bottle-100ml
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast